Windows 10: PPTP VPN setup

Discus and support PPTP VPN setup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mdrew, Jan 31, 2016.

1. mdrew Win User

PPTP VPN setup

The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."

PPTP VPN setup [​IMG]

The settings on the phone, which work are:
    Type: PPTP
    <checked> PPP encryption (MPPE)

Here are the error messages from the Event Viewer

:)

mdrew, Jan 31, 2016
  2. Marcin0 Win User

VPN setup with PPTP - windows mobile 6

How can I setup VPN with PPTP on Motorola-Q or Samsung BlackJack-II with windows mobile 6.

In VPN setup option I have certification or pre-sheared key but for PPTP we don't use any of it.

Thanks for your help.

-Marcin

Marcin0, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

PPTP VPN setup

1. PPTP VPN setup - Similar Threads - PPTP VPN setup

2. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  3. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  4. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help split tunneling PPTP VPN on Windows 10

Help split tunneling PPTP VPN on Windows 10: Hi all, to work at home my job has provided me with a VPN and .rdp file to remote into my work computer. I cannot change VPN protocols, we are using PPTP and that's how they'll keep it for another decade probably. I've tried split tunneling myself but it's something too...
  6. Auto Connect PPTP VPN in Windows 10

Auto Connect PPTP VPN in Windows 10: I was not able to find a way to do this on these forums, but it seems lots of people are asking this question. I started with this thread on Expertsexchange https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28808999/Auto-Start-VPN-when-windows-10-starts.html I used the task...
  7. Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN: I was trying to connect to my office PPTP VPN, but it fails with no error after the reboot. I tried again but received an error message "the specified port already open". I don’t think the issue is caused by the RAS or my home network because I can connect from other...
  8. Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN: I cannot connect to my work PPTP VPN. After rebooting I get the error the specified port already open. I tried to connect using different Windows 10 computers and it was OK so I think there is no issue with either the RAS or my home network.\ I tried to delete and recreate...
  9. Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN

Don't see network computers on pptp VPN and OpenVPN: Hi I managed to connect on pptp and OpenVPN to access the home network remotely but when I go to explorer and try to locate the network computers, I don't see them and I would like to see what can be done to fix it. thanks Anthony...
  10. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connection terminated buffalo pptp