Windows 10: pre-installed Windows 10 can't be re-installed

Discus and support pre-installed Windows 10 can't be re-installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Firstly, my Windows 10 OS is corrupted. So I can't boot into windows home screen. Its a pre-installed windows 10 laptop. Now, When I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by soumen1082, Oct 26, 2016.

1. pre-installed Windows 10 can't be re-installed

Hi,

Firstly, my Windows 10 OS is corrupted. So I can't boot into windows home screen. Its a pre-installed windows 10 laptop.

Now, When I try to boot from my back up recovery USB drive, it shows "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" .

Again, to fix this problem I went to command prompt under windows disk repairing mode and saw "X:\windows\system32".

I entered diskpart and list disk . There are two disks "Disk 0" (931GB) and "Disk 1" (14GB) and both status are online.

Next, I entered select disk 0 and it shows "There are no volumes".

Under this situation how do I install windows in my laptop.

Any solution or suggestion would be a kind help for me.

:)

soumen1082, Oct 26, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Conserving Pre installed Software after re intalling Windows

What's "a new Windows OS?" Your computer came from the factory with Windows 7 (for example) and now you want to install Windows 10?

What's "pre-installed software?" Refers only to the software that came with your computer, or includes everything you added since you got the computer?

BulldogXX, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Conserving Pre installed Software after re intalling Windows

Is it possible to install a new Windows OS without losing my pre-installed software?

Rabinandan, Oct 26, 2016
  4. pre-installed Windows 10 can't be re-installed

soumen1082,

Welcome to the forum!

To find the hard disk model number of the Laptop, please type the following command lines and press Enter after each:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk
    <#> (where <#> refers to disk number)
    detail disk

See if you can post the results.

If not can you find out if it I a Seagate, Western Digital, etc. From the info provided, we may be able to find a utility from the manufacturer to check the disk.

cottonball, Oct 26, 2016
  5. Thank you for your reply. My internal HDD for the system is Western Digital. I repartitioned it and have installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS and it works fine. But still getting "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" ​during installation of a fresh Windows 10 64-bit (downloaded from microsoft.com) using USB.

soumen1082, Oct 27, 2016
  6. ComputerGeek, Oct 27, 2016
  7. soumen1082,

Please correct me if I am wrong...In essence, Windows 10 no longer exists on the hard drive? The error is happening on the repartitioned portion of he HDD where windows will be installed?

If the disk was previously used with Windows, had data on it, and the partitions were deleted using something like Disk Management, or, diskpart, without deleting the contents of the partitions first, the partition table entries are gone but the disk blocks with the contents are still untouched.

Can you get to a command prompt with the installation media:
    Command Prompt at Boot - Open in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

At the command prompt, type in: mountvol

This will tell you all the volumes on your system and give you the GUID of them.

See if you can get a picture of the results in your reply.

cottonball, Oct 27, 2016
  8. pre-installed Windows 10 can't be re-installed

Thank you Sir!!

I have already started MemTest86+. Its almost finished and passed so far with no error. Currently, there is no Windows 10 exist as I re-partitioned it from Ubuntu. I thought that would work. I did one partition for Windows 10 as NTFS primary, and rest as Unallocated. That means, I have 3 partitions-one for Ubuntu, One unallocated and one for Windows 10. The problem is I can't go to the the Windows setup page where Language...Time...keyboard input is asked. So how can I access command prompt? If I find a way to access it will take some pics that you asked for and will execute that command.

soumen1082, Oct 27, 2016
  9. Personally, i'd continue to run memtest at least overnight. Page Fault on a known good image (you just downloaded from MS) makes me think memory (i've had it happen in the past)

ComputerGeek, Oct 27, 2016
  10. Can you no boot from your Windows 10 installation USB and follow he prompts until you get to the Command Prompt?

cottonball, Oct 27, 2016
  11. cottonball, Oct 27, 2016
  12. soumen1082,

If memory checks and reseating has no effect, is it possible for to return to X:\windows\system32

If so, >Enter< the following inside the code box to fix errors on the disc:

Code: X:\windows\sysetm32> chkdsk /F c:[/quote] Hopefully, C: is still the letter assigned to the partition where you want to install windows.

cottonball, Oct 27, 2016
  13. pre-installed Windows 10 can't be re-installed

Hopefully, C: is still the letter assigned to the partition where you want to install windows.[/quote]
    Hi,

I did the test and nothing came out. Then I tried to install Windows 10 using bootable UBS. Then during the first loading screen I always the same error BSOD screen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I tried to test HDD from BIOS (Diagnostics) in the black screen picture. and next I got an error. Please look at the next pic.

As I said, I deleted all the partition and installed Ubuntu so there is no C or recovery drive anymore. How can I access command prompt then? Looking for your suggestions.

soumen1082, Oct 27, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Oct 27, 2016
  15. soumen1082,

On the image posted, Dell's test indicates the hard drive is faulty:
    Error Code 2000-0142
    Hard drive 0 -S/N (...) Long self test unsuccessful.

Now, you have Ubuntu on this HDD, and it works??

Ubuntu has a Disk Utility where you can check the HDD health. Perhaps, performing some Self-Tests with it may give some more enlightment...

cottonball, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

pre-installed Windows 10 can't be re-installed

1. pre-installed Windows 10 can't be re-installed - Similar Threads - pre installed can't

2. Windows 10 pre-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pre-installation: Hi all, As a hardware seller is it legal to pre-install Windows 10 trial version without activation. This way the customer has the freedom to self-activate after buying necessary pack online. I believe Windows 10 enterprise version is available with 30 days trial period.As...
  3. Windows 10 pre-installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pre-installation: Hi all, As a hardware seller is it legal to pre-install Windows 10 trial version without activation. This way the customer has the freedom to self-activate after buying necessary pack online. I believe Windows 10 enterprise version is available with 30 days trial period.As...
  4. Pre installed Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Windows: If i decline Pre installed windowd EULA , where i can appeal for my windows refund Cause recently i bought a laptop which comes with pre installed windows .I already have 2 retail licenses of windows 10...
  5. How to regain pre installed Office after Re installing Windows?

How to regain pre installed Office after Re installing Windows?: I purchased my laptop one week ago HP Laptop 15s-du3024TU I was provided pre installed Windows 10 and Office for home and studentI activated that But I had to re install my windows for some reason So, after re install, I Don't get the MS office anymore.I Don't have a product...
  6. Can't activate pre-installed office.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate pre-installed office.: Hey everybody I have got the information from HP support that why i cant activate office. they told me that I have used my gmail account to sign-in to windows when my father bought the laptop, so Microsoft is not allowing me to activate the office by my gmail account.They are...
  7. Re-activation and re-licencing pre- installed windows.

Re-activation and re-licencing pre- installed windows.: My laptop has a pre installed windows 10 home on hard drive. Now I want to upgrade that to new ssd and want to do clean installation, so if I do that and in any case windows failed to recognise my laptop what should I do then ?...
  8. Pre installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre installed Windows 10: Pre installed Windows 10 on new laptop. How does one activate these pre loaded features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-windows-10/d06784ce-a929-471a-ac5d-bfa97ab7a2c6
  9. Activate a pre-installed Windows 10

Activate a pre-installed Windows 10: Hello, I have bought a new laptop Acer Aspire 5, which running by Windows 10 S. When I open the settings page it shows the following message; YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS BEFORE YOU CAN PERSONLISE YOUR PC. How I can find the activation key? Thank you very much for...
  10. New Windows 10 pre installed

New Windows 10 pre installed: Do I or will I need to register my Windows 10 64 bit pro, pre installed on my New Computer? How do I check to see if my registration matches my Microsoft account?...