Windows 10: precautions after giving remote access to computer

Discus and support precautions after giving remote access to computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After having router issues , I allowed routerlogin.net to remotely gain access to my computer, and repair the issues. Issues repaired, with a year... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by muri18, Aug 12, 2018.

1. muri18 Win User

precautions after giving remote access to computer

After having router issues , I allowed routerlogin.net to remotely gain access to my computer, and repair the issues. Issues repaired, with a year long firewall protection. Since we have Webroot, something doesn't feel right, as all anitvirus, firewall issues are in place. My concern is further access to our

computer. I have gone into system folder, and disabled remote access. Is there anything else I should do besides speaking with Netgear, and Webroot?

:)

muri18, Aug 12, 2018
  2. muri18 Win User

After having router issues , I allowed routerlogin.net to remotely gain access to my computer, and repair the issues. Issues repaired, with a year long firewall protection. Since we have Webroot, something doesn't feel right, as all anitvirus, firewall
    issues are in place. My concern is further access to our

computer. I have gone into system folder, and disabled remote access. Is there anything else I should do besides speaking with Netgear, and Webroot?

muri18, Sep 25, 2018
  3. muri18 Win User

I remember giving a password, I think, and doing an online chat with woman's name, describing the problem. She then requested our phone number, and a technician called me. If this is really legit, i now wonder why the return email on my documents did
    not have netgear or routerlogin listed. The router diagnosis was "no permanent IP for Router and congestion and Foreign IPs

Feeling like I should also replace my bank card

muri18, Sep 25, 2018
  4. precautions after giving remote access to computer

How to get remote access?

I wanted to know as how to remote access to windows computer from linux computer.....

kevin_white77, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. precautions after giving remote access to computer - Similar Threads - precautions giving remote

2. How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?: I am trying to load a .rdp file inside the app. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 with Android 13. It's the most recent version of the app as well. Every time I try to open the file in the app, it says it needs storage permissions and gives the option to change them in...
  3. How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give Remote Desktop storage access?: I am trying to load a .rdp file inside the app. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 with Android 13. It's the most recent version of the app as well. Every time I try to open the file in the app, it says it needs storage permissions and gives the option to change them in...
  4. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  5. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  6. Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Giving a friend remote Access to a specific folder: Hello, I'm trying to find an easy way to share the contents of a specific folder on my pc with a friend in another country, can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this please? I've tried googling it, but I got kind of confused. Using Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build...
  7. Remote access of home computers or cameras

Remote access of home computers or cameras: For the last 15 years I have spent about half the time each year in another state but able to monitor my home situation via the internet and accessing my “unattended” home cameras and computer by simply using my 12 digit WAN address and with an unique 4 digit appended port...
  8. Remote Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access: I have two PCs, one is a Laptop with Windows 10 Pro and a Desktop with Windows 10 Home. My network identifies both, one as "WIN10-PRO" and the other as "WIN10-HOME". I have no problem remotely accessing "WIN10-PRO" files from "WIN10-HOME"; however, I cannot remotely access...
  9. remote access

remote access: can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/eead4cae-a3f1-4ec7-9587-21304e9ae60a
  10. Remote access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...