Windows 10: Precision Touchpad Driver

Discus and support Precision Touchpad Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charlie1105, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Precision Touchpad Driver

Hello

I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and the cursor jumps all over the screen when typing, and selects different input areas, etc. and I want to enable one finger scrolling, which isn't possible with Windows/precision). However, I'm really struggling to do this. I've downloaded the drivers from Synaptics site, but when I disable the device, install this driver (by manually selecting it using have disk), and restart, the touchpad doesn't work at all. If I install the driver by running setup, it appears to install fine, but makes no difference. If I let Windows choose the driver, it reverts back to the precision settings that I don't want!

Been searching all day trying to find something, but no joy - any suggestions?

Thanks

Charlie

:)

charlie1105, Jun 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 Touchpad 3 Finger Gesture Always Changes Volume

It seems that there's an incompatibility issue with your device and the precision touchpad driver since you've mentioned that this issue started after updating your touchpad driver.

A precision touchpad is present on some Windows 10 PC, you cannot get it by just updating the driver. You may check your device to see if you have a precision touchpad on your PC at
    Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad, then locate
    Your PC has a precision touchpad. If it's not present, we suggest going back to the old version of your touchpad driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 24, 2016
  3. CharlieVS Win User
    Windows 10 Touchpad 3 Finger Gesture Always Changes Volume

After I deleted the driver and reinstalled it, I can use the touchpad just fine but it doesn't classify as a precision touchpad anymore even if I update the driver. It doesn't have the 3 finger volume guestures problem anymore though. If I update my driver
    manually to the precision driver, I won't be able to use my touchpad after roobooting.

What now?

CharlieVS, Jun 24, 2016
Thema:

Precision Touchpad Driver

1. Precision Touchpad Driver - Similar Threads - Precision Touchpad Driver

2. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  3. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver: Windows 10So, I opened my laptop to use it and the touchpad suddenly stopped working. I restarted it a bunch of times but it did not work like it usually does. I then looked up how to fix it and in the device manager, the Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver was hidden....
  4. Elan Precise Touchpad Filter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get precision touchpad driver on hp?: hello, i am using an HP pavillion x360 14 inch convertible laptop with windows 11 and i'm trying to figure out how to get the precision touchpad drivers on it because the preinstalled drivers synaptics SMBus Clickpad 19.5.35.50 are not good. There is a lot of missing...
  6. Regarding Driver for precision touchpad

Regarding Driver for precision touchpad: Laptop : Dell XPS 14 L401X WIndows 7, upgraded to windows 10 insider latest build I had a normal touchpad on my laptop. The driver was synaptics pointing device. I wanted a precision touchpad. So, I found some information on this website : How to enable a Precision Touchpad...
  7. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  8. Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Precision Touchpad drivers for HP Spectre: Where can I get latest Windows Precision Touchpad drivers to use on my HP Spectre ( 2017 model ) ? I tried the drivers from an earlier post on this sub and they are a huge improvement. However, I am having some issues such as the scroll icon over cursor during scrolling and...
  9. Not Able To Install Windows Precision Drivers On Touchpad

Not Able To Install Windows Precision Drivers On Touchpad: After i got the October update, my touchpad wasn't working which i had earlier upgraded from Synaptics to windows precision drivers. i installed the Synaptics drivers from Acer support website and then tried installing the precision drivers for Synaptics but something...
  10. Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?

Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?: ok, so I have been working on this issue for a while now. I finally found something in my manuals that states the touchpad is a Precision so dell does not have a driver for it. the trackpad depends on the windows native driver. All settings/devices/touchpad is the only...