Windows 10: PreInstalled Windows 10 Not Activated?

Discus and support PreInstalled Windows 10 Not Activated? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a bit of a situation on my hands and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I purchased a new CyberPowerPC Gaming desktop from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Matt4723, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Matt4723 Win User

PreInstalled Windows 10 Not Activated?

Hello everyone, I have a bit of a situation on my hands and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I purchased a new CyberPowerPC Gaming desktop from Best Buy the other day, and I finally got it online today. While I was poking around in settings to get some updates going, the notice "Windows is not activated" caught my eye. I clicked the link and was taken to this screen...

PreInstalled Windows 10 Not Activated? [​IMG]

I ran the ShowKeyPlus program and got the following result...

PreInstalled Windows 10 Not Activated? [​IMG]

Why is my Windows 10 installation not genuine, and how can I fix it?

Thanks
    Matt

:)

Matt4723, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows Hello camera stopped turning on on my Dell computer

1. Preinstalled Windows 10

2.McAfee was preinstalled

3.mcAfee preinstalled

4. no

StaceyFoxx, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Spouse not happy with windows 10. Can one install windows 7 without major issues?

How recent did you upgrade to Windows 10?

Did Windows 10 come preinstalled?

How to Downgrade Preinstalled Windows 10 to Windows 7/8.1

References preinstall Windows 10, but the same instructions work for upgraded installations.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

.Judging by the PID it looks like a generic key.... and there is no OEM key to activate it...

Was it sold as a pre-install or "barebones"?

Superfly, Sep 14, 2016
  5. Matt4723 Win User
    Not sure. It was a clean install, no bloatware, default Windows 10 wallpaper.

Matt

Matt4723, Sep 14, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    Hmmm ... if you paid for a pre-installed system the seller should honour that sales agreement...

See here .. is your key listed? http://leadersystems.biz/download/te...2009791GDE.pdf

Superfly, Sep 14, 2016
  7. Matt4723 Win User
    Yep, the current PK is listed there. I did some snooping around, and found an entirely different PK on the sticker on the side of the unit. I did some more snooping and came to the conclusion that this may be a refurb or resale. I'm gonna try the other PK and report back here.

UPDATE: The other key worked. It sounds like there's something fishy going on here, but as long as everything's fixed, I'm happy.

Matt

Matt4723, Sep 14, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

Cool, probably an upgraded Win 7 rig... Home Premium 'suppose... anyway you have digital entitlement now- so no more key issues for that PC *Wink

Superfly, Sep 14, 2016
  9. Slopoke Win User
    CyberPowerPC ships all their boxes like that. You need to activate using the PK on the sticker on the side of the case. It cost me a phone call to find that out when I bought one.

Slopoke, Sep 15, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    Along the same line, some of the Retail stores will have display models and sell at a much-reduced price but one does have to do a full reset to get rid of security features that are in use during the period the device is on display. I did one for a young lady that got a really good deal but had to go through the hoops when the store refused to deal with it, had just pulled the Notebook off the display and put it on sale, no box, no brochure, just the Notebook and power supply.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PreInstalled Windows 10 Not Activated? - Similar Threads - PreInstalled Activated

2. New computer preinstalled Windows 11 pro will not activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer preinstalled Windows 11 pro will not activate: original error 0xC004C003. ran troubleshooting to where it told me to check my Internet settings it's on the machine where I am writing this question - so that's working found a similar issue and used the product key of VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T. It did not activate and...
  3. New computer preinstalled Windows 11 pro will not activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer preinstalled Windows 11 pro will not activate: original error 0xC004C003. ran troubleshooting to where it told me to check my Internet settings it's on the machine where I am writing this question - so that's working found a similar issue and used the product key of VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T. It did not activate and...
  4. Dolby Access preinstalled in my laptop how to activate on another machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dolby Access preinstalled in my laptop how to activate on another machine: Hello. I purchased a xiaomi mi notebook pro 15.6 laptop with dolby access and dolby atmos for headphons preinstalled. How to restore the license and use the purchased product on my devices, such as my PC. I can provide the necessary photos of the dolby access operation only...
  5. Dolby Access preinstalled in my laptop how to activate on another machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dolby Access preinstalled in my laptop how to activate on another machine: Hello. I purchased a xiaomi mi notebook pro 15.6 laptop with dolby access and dolby atmos for headphons preinstalled. How to restore the license and use the purchased product on my devices, such as my PC. I can provide the necessary photos of the dolby access operation only...
  6. Dolby Access preinstalled in my laptop how to activate on another machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Dolby Access preinstalled in my laptop how to activate on another machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Dolby Access preinstalled in my laptop how to activate on another machine

9. Dolby Access preinstalled in my laptop how to activate on another machine

10. Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop

Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop: I purchased a Lenovo laptop last year with windows 10 preinstalled. Recently the watermark showed up to activate windows, when I go to activate it, it comes up invalid. I've gone into the bios to check the product key and enter that number but nothing. Lenovo wants me to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pre installed window not activated

2. what if preinstalled windows not activated