Windows 10: Prepairing for a new computer

Discus and support Prepairing for a new computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any time now I should take delivery of a replacment for my 2-in-1 Tablet which after a too short working life now has an unrepairable SSD. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Sep 12, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Prepairing for a new computer

Any time now I should take delivery of a replacment for my 2-in-1 Tablet which after a too short working life now has an unrepairable SSD. The replacement, a Cube iWork Ultimate 10.1, is very similar to my dead Quantum View as I am sold on the hybrid form factor (excuse the jargon). But despite being at the low end of the market it is an upgrade in a number of respects (except the cameras) so I wondered if someone with experience could comment on what differences in performance, etc. I could experience, along with any dos and donts. I am going to have a lot to do so I want to be at least to some extent prepared.

The new 2-in-1 will be

dual boot with both Windows 10 and Android Lollipop installed --- when I first launch will I find updates installing themselves automatically, in particular Windows Anniversary and Android Marshmallow? I know this will depend on Settings, but is automatic update set as default? Or, has MS paused the update anyway?

64 bit not 32 bit OS, with 4 GB instead of 2 GB RAM ---- I understand my 32 bit software will still work OK but I will not get the benefit of 64 bit until I start installing 64 bit apps / programs. What are the benefits?

64 GB storage not 32 GB ---- a major factor in my buying decision, it is one of the few changes I understand quite well, in terms of storage I will no longer have a 'small device'

although it has USB 2 ports there is one micro port which is (claimed to be) USB 3 and USB C, but some users say it only has USB 2 charging power and data transfer performance. Some machines dont have USB C. There has been some confusion about this due partly to changes in specifications. Depending on the specs of the machine am I likely to be needing some different adapters/cables?

I must emphasise that I am not at all 'a power user' (or I would be buying a more highly specified machine) and despite years of experience (starting when the Sinclair Spectrum was launched!) my technical competance is very limited and dependant on the help generously given by this and other forums. Some comments on just one or two of the issues above would be appreciated.

:)

clayto, Sep 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 Endless Reboot Installiation

Hi, I am just catching with all this is new to me, but please could you advise when you get the prepairing automatic repair just hangs and does nothing else

Ray Castle 2015, Sep 12, 2016
  3. My toshiba is stuck in preparing automatic repair

If you can get into your computer with the system repair disc or if it does eventually log on select the command prompt administrator and run these command's

CHKDSK /F choose Y for next start

After start up use

SFC /SCANNOW

DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH

OctavianQR, Sep 12, 2016
Thema:

Prepairing for a new computer

1. Prepairing for a new computer - Similar Threads - Prepairing computer

2. Stuck at Prepairing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at Prepairing Automatic Repair: So I read the other question about this but the solution that was given doesn't work for me. To sum up my problem; When I turn on my laptop it immediately blue screens and says that it will repair itself automatically, then the laptop turns off for a second and then the...
  3. Stuck at Prepairing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at Prepairing Automatic Repair: So I read the other question about this but the solution that was given doesn't work for me. To sum up my problem; When I turn on my laptop it immediately blue screens and says that it will repair itself automatically, then the laptop turns off for a second and then the...
  4. Stuck at Prepairing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message: My Dell Inspirion 15 3000 has is stuck in a weird loop can somebody help? I went through all the hard and soft reset. I went for the total reinstall and now I get this error message when the DELL logo and Preparing appear on the screen. It doesn't do anything when I click...
  6. Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message

Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message: My Dell Inspirion 15 3000 has is stuck in a weird loop can somebody help? I went through all the hard and soft reset. I went for the total reinstall and now I get this error message when the DELL logo and Preparing appear on the screen. It doesn't do anything when I click...
  7. Windows 10 Pro stuck in prepairing then an error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC Xbox App Gets Stuck - Downloads stuck on Prepairing - Cannot close the program

PC Xbox App Gets Stuck - Downloads stuck on Prepairing - Cannot close the program: I tried everything, from cleaning the cache, to a full reinstall of windows.The problem is always the same.I go to an app on Xbox:Lets say astroneer.Click install on any HDD i got.Gets stuck on Prepairing.And i can't cancel it, or close the program by pressing X on the...
  9. PC Xbox App Gets Stuck - Downloads stuck on Prepairing - Cannot close the program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Xbox App Gets Stuck - Downloads stuck on Prepairing - Cannot close the program: I tried everything, from cleaning the cache, to a full reinstall of windows.The problem is always the same.I go to an app on Xbox:Lets say astroneer.Click install on any HDD i got.Gets stuck on Prepairing.And i can't cancel it, or close the program by pressing X on the...
  10. My PC is in a loop of ' Preparing Automatic Prepair -> Diagnosing Your PC -> Fixing C:...

My PC is in a loop of ' Preparing Automatic Prepair -> Diagnosing Your PC -> Fixing C:...: What do? It is important to note that I already tried doing the thing where you turn your PC off two times and that brings up a prompt that lets you troubleshoot, but it I couldn't get the screen for whatever reason and I couldn't skip disk checking whenever I had the option...