Windows 10: Prepairing for a new computer

Discus and support Prepairing for a new computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any time now I should take delivery of a replacment for my 2-in-1 Tablet which after a too short working life now has an unrepairable SSD. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Sep 12, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Prepairing for a new computer

Any time now I should take delivery of a replacment for my 2-in-1 Tablet which after a too short working life now has an unrepairable SSD. The replacement, a Cube iWork Ultimate 10.1, is very similar to my dead Quantum View as I am sold on the hybrid form factor (excuse the jargon). But despite being at the low end of the market it is an upgrade in a number of respects (except the cameras) so I wondered if someone with experience could comment on what differences in performance, etc. I could experience, along with any dos and donts. I am going to have a lot to do so I want to be at least to some extent prepared.

The new 2-in-1 will be

dual boot with both Windows 10 and Android Lollipop installed --- when I first launch will I find updates installing themselves automatically, in particular Windows Anniversary and Android Marshmallow? I know this will depend on Settings, but is automatic update set as default? Or, has MS paused the update anyway?

64 bit not 32 bit OS, with 4 GB instead of 2 GB RAM ---- I understand my 32 bit software will still work OK but I will not get the benefit of 64 bit until I start installing 64 bit apps / programs. What are the benefits?

64 GB storage not 32 GB ---- a major factor in my buying decision, it is one of the few changes I understand quite well, in terms of storage I will no longer have a 'small device'

although it has USB 2 ports there is one micro port which is (claimed to be) USB 3 and USB C, but some users say it only has USB 2 charging power and data transfer performance. Some machines dont have USB C. There has been some confusion about this due partly to changes in specifications. Depending on the specs of the machine am I likely to be needing some different adapters/cables?

I must emphasise that I am not at all 'a power user' (or I would be buying a more highly specified machine) and despite years of experience (starting when the Sinclair Spectrum was launched!) my technical competance is very limited and dependant on the help generously given by this and other forums. Some comments on just one or two of the issues above would be appreciated.

:)

clayto, Sep 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 Endless Reboot Installiation

Hi, I am just catching with all this is new to me, but please could you advise when you get the prepairing automatic repair just hangs and does nothing else

Ray Castle 2015, Sep 12, 2016
  3. My toshiba is stuck in preparing automatic repair

If you can get into your computer with the system repair disc or if it does eventually log on select the command prompt administrator and run these command's

CHKDSK /F choose Y for next start

After start up use

SFC /SCANNOW

DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH

OctavianQR, Sep 12, 2016
Thema:

Prepairing for a new computer

1. Prepairing for a new computer - Similar Threads - Prepairing computer

2. So my computer's battery is bricked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So my computer's battery is bricked.: At least, my computer says I need to replace it. Which sucks. But until I get a new one, will it continue to run if it's plugged in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-computers-battery-is-bricked/999e7b55-87ea-486f-93f9-3ebdb2863919
  3. windows increases my contrast every single time i turn on my computer since may update

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows increases my contrast every single time i turn on my computer since may update: the title basically says it all. when i turn on my computer, the contrast is raised slightly- not so much that it would bother some people, but as a graphic designer i can tell immediately. i go to fix it in Display Color Calibration every time. what's really interesting is...
  4. Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason: So i was cleaning my computer earlier today and getting ready for backing it up with aomei backupper, and windows decided to add a password to my user account for some reason, without notifying me first. So i tried to sign in after booting my computer, and got a message...
  5. I have a Sality virus in my computer. How do I get rid of it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a Sality virus in my computer. How do I get rid of it?: Win 10 x64 , Found Sality virus, through Webroot Antivirus. Can't figure out how to get rid of it. What can I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-a-sality-virus-in-my-computer-how-do-i-get/cde193b7-c60e-431e-ac25-dc3cb8587982
  6. iPhone not charging when connected to computer

in Windows 10 News
    iPhone not charging when connected to computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Normally, any iPhone user will use the charger shipped with the package to charge his iPhone. Attempt to use anything else is not recommended! Still, there are situations where we have seen people charging the iPhone by connecting it to [...] This post...
  7. Set up a Hotspot on your Windows10 computer or mobile phone and allow another device to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set up a Hotspot on your Windows10 computer or mobile phone and allow another device to...: Hi, I am using Windows 10 laptop, just want to on how to use this feature " Allow another device to turn on mobile hotspot" via Bluetooth paired. (Settings -> Network and Internet -> Mobile hotspot -> Turn on Remotely Can anyone suggest on the correct usage of this...
  8. prepairing security options slows pc down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    prepairing security options slows pc down: How do I fix this? If I restore my system to the beginning and go through loading all the Microsoft updates & reload all my 3rd party apps will prepairing security options return?...
  9. Prepairing auto repair then Blue screen or black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prepairing auto repair then Blue screen or black screen: Hello,i have this problem with my ibuypower pc. The problem is that i turn on my pc and it says that my computer didnt shut down completely and then it finishes the clean or whatever. Then it has the preparing auto repair. After that is either a blue screen or a blank screen....
  10. Prepairing Automatic Repair problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prepairing Automatic Repair problem: Dear all,[ATTACH] I had a problem due to the upgrade, I think, of Windows 10. When I turned off my computer and turned it back again, it just kept looping all over again with the words “prepairing automatic repair”. I have no idea how to deal with this matter. Can anyone help...