Windows 10: Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

Discus and support Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by subby, Oct 20, 2016.

1. subby Win User

Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should be showing diagnosing your pc before loaded the Automatic Repair screen.

What should I attempt to try next?

:)

subby, Oct 20, 2016

2. Random Kernal Security Check Failures

Ok I ran the driver verifier and found out my "klupd kilf arkmon.sys" is corrupted but now my pc keeps getting stuck on a black screen reading, preparing automatic repair

TheCleverCrow, Oct 20, 2016
  3. GFlat Win User
    Windows 10 June 2017 Update KB4022405 ISSUES

As to what happens when I try to reboot, by repeatedly rebooting, I can get to the "Preparing Automatic Repair" (black) screen, but then the (blue) "Choose your keyboard layout" screen appears and my keyboard and mouse stop working. So I'm stuck there.

GFlat, Oct 20, 2016
  4. subby Win User

Update...

Could it be the hard drive (SSD) causing this issue? I've just now tried plugging the ssd into my PC via sata-usb adapter. And windows explorer locks up, and disk management hangs. Gonna leave it for abit while go have dinner.

subby, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck - Similar Threads - Preparing automatic repair

2. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  3. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”

Stuck on black screen after “preparing automatic repairs”: I recently built a gaming pc for myself, and everything was running fine for the last month or so, but today i attempted a slight overclock on my cpu and now windows wont boot. I can get into the bios, but other than that when i start my computer i either get a screen saying...
  6. Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair

Computer stuck on black screen after preparing for automatic repair: Hello. So a couple days ago i had opened my computer as normal but this time it took me to a Hp loading screem that said preparing for automatic repair. So i decided to wait it out a bit. After some time the loading icon was gone amd my screen had turned black. Ever simc then...
  7. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair screen.

Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair screen.: Since last night my laptop has been stuck on the loading screen with writing saying “Prepaing Automatic Repair. i have tried turning my laptop on and off again. I have tried activating safe mode so I can go on my computer. I have tried doing a system reset with only my...
  8. Preparing automatic repair - Blackscreen afterwards

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing automatic repair - Blackscreen afterwards: Hi, I am new to this sub but it is really one of my last resorts right now. So, I had a really large folder (can't remember the size but it was BIG) and so I tried deleting it, which did not go to plan. My PC froze completely and I couldn't do anything for a while until I...
  9. windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 preparing automatic repair black screen (Stuck): Hello, I Have Dell G3 laptop "Preparing Automatic Repair" - black screen. I don't see the Windows loading. I just have a black screen with logo DELL in the centre. Nothing is moving, nothing else appears, until the "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears at the bottom. I've...
  10. black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop

black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop: The machine has been in this loop all morning a blue screen comes up and states: go to www.windows.com/stopcode provide stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG any solutions out there? Thanks...