Windows 10: "Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop

Discus and support "Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I fresh installed Windows 10x64 in my new laptop. It was working flawlessly. The main drive is a Samsung EVO 960 Nvme. All I did was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by antares, May 22, 2017.

1. antares Win User

"Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop

Hi all, I fresh installed Windows 10x64 in my new laptop. It was working flawlessly. The main drive is a Samsung EVO 960 Nvme. All I did was temporarily replace it with another SSD (I had to test it), and then reinstalled the EVO. Upon reinstalling it each time I power the laptop the following message is displayed:"Preparing Automatic Repair", it then goes on into "Diagnosing your PC" and after that a blue screen shows up with "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC" with the option of a "Shut Down" button, and "Advanced Options" button. I tried "Advanced Options", "Startup Repair" but it couldn't fix it.
    In the first place I wonder why this happened? All I did was remove the drive and then reinsert it. And then I'd appreciate if anyone can suggest a fix without having to reinstall WIndows, which is a lot of time spent. Thanks.

:)

antares, May 22, 2017
  2. hapzfl Win User

Newest update bricked my Dell laptop

Unfortunately: same "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop...

hapzfl, May 22, 2017
  3. Stuck in Windows defender offline start-up loop.

Doesn't work. Stills goes right to a Preparing Automatic system repairs> Window Defender Offline> performs scan>restarts>and we begin this loop over and over again.

<Moved from Windows>

BrianMullen_879, May 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I don't believe this is actually a BSOD, fortunately.

Please download Macrium Reflect's free boot disk.

Boot your PC from it, and run the Fix Boot utility.

(Assumes the data on your disk is intact of course)

(Note- to avoid reinstalling Windows in many circumstances from disk failure to ransomware, unbootable PC that can't be fixed to user error, we strongly and repeatedly recommend the routine use of disk imaging using e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for your image sets. This protects your PC, your data and possibly your sanity).

dalchina, May 22, 2017
  5. antares Win User
    Thanks, unfortunately I had to reinstall Windows since I had the original Windows encrypted with Veracrypt and the C: volume was unrecognizable ("unknown format"). There was a workaround I could've tried (boot from the encrypted EFI and decrypt the drive) but I decided to go for Windows reinstall. I always make an image of my drives but unfortunately I hadn't in this case. Fortunately it's a new laptop and my main Windows/Data is in my PC.

antares, May 22, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ok. Good that you (normally!) use imaging. I always worry about the implications of encryption when things go wrong.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop - Similar Threads - Preparing Automatic Repair

2. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair loop: My PC keeps getting on this screen no matter how many loops it takes it will only loop back on this screen. This is a desktop computer and I just turn it on today and results on this. I remember updates happened, but it was last week. I dont think that is related so I want to...
  3. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair loop: My laptop doesn't boot from preparing automatic repair screen. So, I installed windows 10 home and did a software update. It worked fine for a day and then this loop whenever I boot the laptop. I even thought it would be slower because of hdd and left it on for the whole...
  4. "Preparing automatic repairs" loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Preparing automatic repairs" loop: My laptop is stuck in a "preparing automatic repairs" loop. I can't get out of it. I've tried the following: Tried getting it into safe mode no go. Buttons don't overview the screen Tried pressing the start button three times. No dice. It still goes to "preparing automatic...
  5. Preparing for automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing for automatic repair loop: My system isn’t booting, the wheel is making its loops but nothing else happens. When I restart it 3 times automatic repair shows up. It’s doing something for a long time a few hours now and nothing happens. This is the second time I have this issue. For the first time I was...
  6. Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Automatic Repair loop: I did a system restore to stop some startup apps from appearing and to keep my pc up to speed. After finishing this I tried to startup a game on my desktop. However the game said that some files were missing. So I restarted my pc but went into the preparing automatic reapir...
  7. preparing automatic repair Loop!!

in Windows 10 Support
    preparing automatic repair Loop!!: I tried Everything in repair mode. Start up repair, system restore( cant click next because it says "You must enable system protection on this drive). I even tried command prompt method to restore but while restoring i get another message system restore did not complete...
  8. Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Preparing Automatic Repair Loop: I'm stuck in an automatic repairing loop I guess and the things I've tried so far haven't worked. I tried doing the 3 power-offs and I got to the blue screen, but when I tried to go into safe mode it just brought me to this[IMG] I also tried resetting the PC while keeping...
  9. Infinite automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite automatic repair loop: I got the error critical process died after I turned on my windows 10 pc after only two days. I have not recently installed anything new nor updated my windows voluntarily. I have looked through the forums for a few hours now and tried everything that was said to work but had...
  10. Infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic repair"

Infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic repair": Hey so some stupid thing happened. I turned off my computer two days ago and when I went to it back on my computer would load and then go into "preparing automatic repair". After that it would continue into a black screen for the next hour and then eventually blue screen and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. veracrypt stuck preparing repair