Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair Problem

Discus and support Preparing Automatic Repair Problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Guys, my laptop (Acer Win 10) is looping Automatic Repair and Diagnosing this PC. After that it shows your PC cannot be repaired, then loops again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John Elmer, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Preparing Automatic Repair Problem

Guys, my laptop (Acer Win 10) is looping Automatic Repair and Diagnosing this PC. After that it shows your PC cannot be repaired, then loops again and again. I tried to start with (7) in troubleshoot -> startup and it works. But when I restart it loops again, how can I stop it? (I tried CMD Commands on youtube but nothing happend)

:)

John Elmer, Oct 11, 2015
  2. DJKeloid Win User

"Preparing Automatic Repair" problem

Hello, I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and everything was going fine with my laptop. Until a few days ago when I turned on my laptop the "Preparing Automatic Repair"
    screen prompt appeared. So I waited for almost an hour and the screen still had the same prompt. So I checked microsoft community and found this question that was relative to my problem. Thankfully there was an answer to the question on how to solve this issue.
    So I followed the bootable media route since windows 10 is all ready on my laptop. But when I insert the usb drive with the media tool on it and start up my laptop the screen says "Missing Operating System". Please help on what to do next afterwards, Thanks!

DJKeloid, Oct 11, 2015
  3. "Preparing Automatic Repair" problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

• The basic input/output system (BIOS) does not detect the hard disk.
    • The hard disk is damaged.
    • Sector 0 of the physical hard disk drive has an incorrect or malformed master boot record (MBR).

Note: Some third-party programs or disk corruption can damage an MBR.
    • An incompatible partition is marked as Active.
    • A partition that contains the MBR is no longer active.
    I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

1. Set your BIOS to use the DVD drive as the primary boot device.

2. Boot with your Windows 10 installation DVD or the Windows Repair CD.

3. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …" appears.

4. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.

5. Click Repair your computer.

6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next.

7. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

If the issue still persists Contact your hardware manufacturer. Your best bet may be to contact the manufacturer of your computer or your hard disk.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 11, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Preparing Automatic Repair Problem

Hi, assuming your HDD is ok and no significant corruption, try this:

Shut down. Remove battery.
    Start up, and as soon as the laptop switches on, preferably before any disk activity, cut the power- suddenly- as in pull the cord out, flip the mains power switch.... (Yeah, I know...).
    Now press and hold the power button for 10 or 15s.
    Now reconnect power and try booting.

I've found ever since MS introduced this attempt at automatic repair (which has never achieved anything for me I can recall) if my laptop experiences a thermal shut down (gets too hot) I get into such a loop. That's the only way I've found out of it.

Otherwise you're into a repair scenario starting with chkdsk ....

dalchina, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

Preparing Automatic Repair Problem

1. Preparing Automatic Repair Problem - Similar Threads - Preparing Automatic Repair

2. Preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair: Hi. my laptop is not working well. Yesterday it was working but suddenly it shur down. When I tried to turn on it, it said " your laptop rin into problem you need to restart. We will restart it for you" after a while it begin to show "preparing automatic repair". Even though...
  3. preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preparing automatic repair: how can i fix this. my lenovo laptop wont proceed into doing anything.it is stuck on preparing automatic repair with the lenovo logo on black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/00dfc785-17ca-45c3-be01-bbd83083c187
  4. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing for automatic repair: At start-up I get to prepare endless auto repair. Reboot with the wireless usb for both keyboard and mouse and it will start Windows 10 smoothly. Plug in the USB and let's go. I updated the drivers and removed the drivers, but still can't get the boot to go with the USBs....
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Automatic Repair: Dear Mr/ Mrs Please gave me a help, that is previously I updated the system app such as bluetooth, system drive with IBOT app. After that install, that remind me close the window defender and I forget it. I forget to close window defender and thne I restart it. And then...
  6. Preparing automatic repair

Preparing automatic repair: Today I restarted my laptop and it said starting auto repair and then went to a black screen. Everything I read says to get into safe mode but unable to even get it to boot up. I have tried all the rest options such as power on/off 3 times etc but it will not boot up to even...
  7. Preparing for automatic repair

Preparing for automatic repair: How can I fix this one? Any help please. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-for-automatic-repair/8d725a96-d6f9-4d3a-a11b-22c4c3a92e21
  8. preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    preparing automatic repair: I had problem from yesterday please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/31b78d43-40c7-4d49-8be0-8ab210cc4010
  9. Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automatic Repair: Buenos dias, tengo una ACER Modelo N16Q2 con Win 10. La misma entro en la condicion que indica "Preparing Automatic Repair" y de alli no sale. Podria alguno ayudarme con algun procedimiento para ojala poder repara lo indicado. Muchas Gracias...
  10. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preparing for automatic repair: hello when i turned on my computer today it started preparing for automatic repair loop. I found my d c and e drives have shuffled. What should i do to exist the preparing for automatic repair ? [IMG]...