Windows 10: "preparing automatic repairs" Then bsod

Discus and support "preparing automatic repairs" Then bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I purchased a hp pavilion laptop a few months ago with Windows 10 pre-installed. I haven't used it for a few days, turned it on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gibsonuk, Feb 28, 2016.

1. gibsonuk Win User

"preparing automatic repairs" Then bsod

Hi there,
    I purchased a hp pavilion laptop a few months ago with Windows 10 pre-installed.
    I haven't used it for a few days, turned it on this evening and I got a message on boot up saying
    "preparing automatic repairs" and then my screen goes blank 3-5 seconds later.
    I do not have a cursor and have tried various keys and different ways of trying to bring up some kind of option. I also tried plugging my laptop into my TV to see if it were perhaps the screen that was going wrong. To no avail, I have spent hours on Google trying to work this out and I have absolutely no idea what to do next as I seem to have no other option!

I really really hope someone can help me!!

Thank you in advance.

:)

gibsonuk, Feb 28, 2016
  2. chavod Win User

DMP Files

I followed the instructions for the driver verifier and once I restart my computer it flashes the BSOD and restarts immedietely and gets stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair". The BSOD flashes by too quickly for me to see what caused the crash.

chavod, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 BSOD unmountable boot volume and unable to get to Advanced Boot Options

My PC froze up yesterday so I restarted it and ever since I have had the BSOD unmountable boot volume. If I restart the PC after this, it goes to "Preparing Automatic Repair" but gets stuck and never opens the automatic repair. The issue I'm having on
    top of this is that I am not able to access the advanced boot options to boot it into safe mode or anything else. I've tried pressing F8, F11, etc etc. Nothing. It just attempts to boot up then goes to "Preparing Automatic Repair" and goes no further. I don't
    have an 8GB flashdrive or disk to download windows to.

TommyMathias, Feb 28, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Hi Gibsonuk.

We need at least some information about the BSOD in order to know what is going on there. Can you take a camera snap of it and let us see it?

5. gibsonuk Win User
    Hi Arc,
    I don't see a point in taking a picture of it as the screen just goes entirely black. No mouse no nothing at all. Regardless of which key I press or which form of keys I hit or type my password in etc etc the screen doesn't change. I have left it for hours wondering if it just takes a while but to no avail. I will however take a picture when I get home this evening.
    I think I still have warranty but I'd prefer to fix it myself.

gibsonuk, Feb 28, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Actually, this is a BSOD screen.

Attachment 67021
    The last line is the bugcheck code, the thing in the bracket is the probable cause.

A entirely black screen is anything but a BSOD.

Thema:

1. "preparing automatic repairs" Then bsod - Similar Threads - preparing automatic repairs

2. BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 , started freezing randomly. This was non existent in win 10.Now its booting to a BSOD page witht the stop code "ntfs file system" On next restart it boots to " preparing automatic repair" page which keeps...
  3. BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and "preparing automatic repair" loop: Hello,After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 , started freezing randomly. This was non existent in win 10.Now its booting to a BSOD page witht the stop code "ntfs file system" On next restart it boots to " preparing automatic repair" page which keeps...
  4. preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preparing automatic repair: how can i fix this. my lenovo laptop wont proceed into doing anything.it is stuck on preparing automatic repair with the lenovo logo on black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/00dfc785-17ca-45c3-be01-bbd83083c187
  5. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing for automatic repair: At start-up I get to prepare endless auto repair. Reboot with the wireless usb for both keyboard and mouse and it will start Windows 10 smoothly. Plug in the USB and let's go. I updated the drivers and removed the drivers, but still can't get the boot to go with the USBs....
  6. Preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing automatic repair: Today I restarted my laptop and it said starting auto repair and then went to a black screen. Everything I read says to get into safe mode but unable to even get it to boot up. I have tried all the rest options such as power on/off 3 times etc but it will not boot up to even...
  7. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing for automatic repair: How can I fix this one? Any help please. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-for-automatic-repair/8d725a96-d6f9-4d3a-a11b-22c4c3a92e21
  8. preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    preparing automatic repair: I had problem from yesterday please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/31b78d43-40c7-4d49-8be0-8ab210cc4010
  9. Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automatic Repair: Buenos dias, tengo una ACER Modelo N16Q2 con Win 10. La misma entro en la condicion que indica "Preparing Automatic Repair" y de alli no sale. Podria alguno ayudarme con algun procedimiento para ojala poder repara lo indicado. Muchas Gracias...
  10. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preparing for automatic repair: hello when i turned on my computer today it started preparing for automatic repair loop. I found my d c and e drives have shuffled. What should i do to exist the preparing for automatic repair ? [IMG]...