Windows 10: Preparing System for Spring Creators

Discus and support Preparing System for Spring Creators in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All Preparing system for the upcoming Spring Creators, right now removed with Revo uninstaller games hardly used, backed up personal files, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AMDMan2016, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Preparing System for Spring Creators

Hi All

Preparing system for the upcoming Spring Creators, right now removed with Revo uninstaller games hardly used, backed up personal files, and such, debating on leaving Avast in or using Defender on my Intel I7 Desktop.

Might do a clean install of the Spring Creators, as i have switched a lot between Avast and Defender over the last month-like a week on each program, for Spring Creators definitely deciding on one and not switching anymore

Otherwise system running fine

:)

AMDMan2016, Mar 22, 2018
  2. xosn Win User
  3. PNine_P9 Win User
    Can't change lock screen image. Windows 10

This problem will be fixed in the Spring Creators Update

Be patient mates Preparing System for Spring Creators :)

PNine_P9, Mar 22, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Preparing System for Spring Creators

There is no reason to use Avast. Windows Defender works just as well if not better and is integrated into Windows. There will probably be some more improvements to Defender come the Spring update.
    If removing Avast be sure to use the AvastClear Tool to fully uninstall it.
    Of course, if you are backed up, a Clean Install of the new version is always best.

spunk, Mar 22, 2018
  5. Yeah clean install might go for, that way junk and any leftovers are completely gone, right now just make sure all personal files backed up, and take easy til Spring Creators final thing best way to handle things at this point

Might even do first clean install on the Laptop system--if HP has the drivers out for 1803 on release day for the Intel video chip, and such, wouldn't take the Generic Intel video driver, so if i have to wait to upgrade that one then will lol

and 3rd system older HP P6-2133W should be easy upgrade if still supported, no special drivers from HP for that one as it's older, and just uses the Windows update video driver

AMDMan2016, Mar 22, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Give yourself the chance to update your disk image set before applying the upgrade. (You do use disk imaging...?)

You have Pro: set updates to Notify, so when you receive it, assuming you do so by Windows update rather than applying it manually, you can then create a differential disk image (e.g. with Macrium Reflect (free) ) before accepting the upgrade.

dalchina, Mar 22, 2018
  7. Yes do have Macirum reflect, and will update the disk images on the systems, Only System that doesn't have Pro is The Laptop, both Desktops have Pro edition

AMDMan2016, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Preparing System for Spring Creators

1. Preparing System for Spring Creators - Similar Threads - Preparing System Spring

2. Spring Creators Update 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  3. windows 10 spring creators update

windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  4. another way to get Creators Update (spring)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    another way to get Creators Update (spring): Installed 1803 from a converted ISO back before April 10th, after backing up all the data, currently having no issues--in place upgrade at the time, planning clean install when real build comes out whenever that is. So far runs all my games good, and such. I know was taking a...
  5. Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date: Why are they waiting until April 10th to release this major update? It should be done by now for them to release it this week. 107233
  6. Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update?

Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update?: Wait a good 2 to 3 months after it comes out, everyone and their brother will be trying to update, I wait at least 6 months *Smile or even a full year. I have Pro so I can do that. But if I hear great things, maybe I`ll install it on the Z170 a bit sooner.
  7. So did anyone get spring creators update?

in Windows 10 Support
    So did anyone get spring creators update?: I read that it was going to some users the other day and wanna know if people have gotten it yet. As well as want to know what Microsoft borked this time. 107267
  8. W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC: I defer any major feature update for 6 months to let others iron out the faults created by dodgy MS software engineering.
  9. Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803): Try this one, but it probably does not work for Home. Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "DoNotUseWebResults" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f Policy CSP - Search | Microsoft Docs[/quote] No luck with this one too for Home ed. Thanks for...
  10. Will next Windows 10 version be called 'The Spring Creators Update'?

in Windows 10 News
    Will next Windows 10 version be called 'The Spring Creators Update'?: the name has slipped out, apparently... Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 103913