Windows 10: "Preparing to install" Window stuck while opening a new program for the first time.

Discus and support "Preparing to install" Window stuck while opening a new program for the first time. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There have been two programs I've been trying to install (Both are Audio programs, Cakewalk/ Reaper), and they both download and install fine, however,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ktabor, Jul 19, 2018.

1. ktabor Win User

"Preparing to install" Window stuck while opening a new program for the first time.

There have been two programs I've been trying to install (Both are Audio programs, Cakewalk/ Reaper), and they both download and install fine, however, when I go to open the programs for the first time, a small installer window pops up that reads "Preparing to install" Then, nothing happens. It never installs, never opens.

I'm not sure why it's doing it and I can't find help anywhere. Just to reiterate. I've downloaded and installed the program already. All I'm doing is trying to open the program for the first time, and it never opens, I just get this window saying it's "preparing to install."

I've downloaded other programs and they've worked fine. I'm not really sure what the issue could be. I'm working on a pc that I built, all up to date, windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've contacted support with the respected programs that I've tried to download, but all they could suggest is to uninstall and reinstall again. Which does not work.

Thank you!

:)

ktabor, Jul 19, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Startup Reset log in showing "preparing Windows" for long time

Since yesterday, Windows 10 Os' s taking longer time than usual to open, and on first screen of log in showing "preparing Windows" for long time and then goes directly to set up pin screen. After I skip the step, it takes to Microsoft password verification
    screen, then opens the desktop as reset and refreshed (i.e., no saved files in desktop, only few installed programs are there). After working and shutting down the PC, it again resets and shows as above to give pin and a new desktop. The computer is responding
    very slowly. Please suggest what steps to be taken to repair it. I don't want to reformat the pc.

Nadhiha Parveen, Jul 19, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

"Preparing to install" Window stuck while opening a new program for the first time.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Preparing to install" Window stuck while opening a new program for the first time. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. "Preparing to install" Window stuck while opening a new program for the first time. - Similar Threads - Preparing install Window

2. Windows Installer preparing to install stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer preparing to install stuck: Hello so today after moving some files from my ssd to my hdd, I restarted my pc and then there was a Windows Installer pop up. I've waited for a long time and the most I've gotten was an error message saying "Install server not responding" where I had to retry, canceling it...
  3. windows first time install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows first time install: on a new board I need w10 is there a way to get it free I was going to install win 7 then upgrade but the keybord and mouse won't work for the install but work fine for the bio submitted by /u/yanceycat [link] [comments]...
  4. New apps stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New apps stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install”: Today, I downloaded two apps to my Windows 10 Samsung tablet to test for video music collaboration: JamKazam and Jamtaba. When opening the apps, they get stuck on “Windows Installer, Preparing to install.” My Windows Updates are current. Other programs previously installed,...
  5. First time installation

First time installation: I am putting windows first time did i need product key or jst iso for installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-time-installation/2e96ae21-e303-4c08-a200-2bb785d17123
  6. Windows 10 new install stuck at "Preparing files - 30%"

Windows 10 new install stuck at "Preparing files - 30%": Hi guys, Have been running Windows 10 on an older desktop since I upgraded from Windows 7 during the free upgrade period a couple of years ago. Digitally registered to my MS account. Now moving to a new machine - ASUS P9-X79 Pro motherboard, 32G RAM, 240G SSD main disk....
  7. Freeze while completing settings. First time install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freeze while completing settings. First time install.: Hello. I just installed a new copy of windows 10 home on my laptop and when i install it i have no problems, but after drivers are installed automatically while "Wait a moment..." loading screen the pc freeze and i can't continue. If i install windows 10 without internet...
  8. Windows installation crashes while preparing to install

Windows installation crashes while preparing to install: I formated my pc and decided to install windows 10, So I created a bootable USB with WindowsCreationTool. But every time it's preparing the files it crashes and reboots. It usually gets stuck at 82% it never goes past that mark. I've tried different ports, different USB's...
  9. Stuck at "Preparing to install"

Stuck at "Preparing to install": My Windows 10 background download was complete but now its stuck at preparing to install? Any ideas? 11628
  10. Windows 10 gets stuck at "Preparing automatic repair" while installing

Windows 10 gets stuck at "Preparing automatic repair" while installing: So I finally made a .iso file for W10 Pro x64 and started installing it. Everything went smoothly my PC restarted 2 times. But when it got to 81% (in total) while "Installing drivers and features" it resterted for the third time and then it started giving me the "Preparing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows installer preparing to install stuck

2. quickbook pro 2020 desktop is preparing to install and gets stuck

3. what cuases the preparing to install window to freeze when installing programs