Windows 10: presentationfontcache.exe error - missing file?

Discus and support presentationfontcache.exe error - missing file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to run an older piece of software (cinema craft encoder) for the first time on my Windows 10 64-bit PC and I'm getting the following error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Aug 23, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

presentationfontcache.exe error - missing file?

I'm trying to run an older piece of software (cinema craft encoder) for the first time on my Windows 10 64-bit PC and I'm getting the following error:

PresentationFontCache.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly.

I checked in the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\WPF and there are files in there but presentationfontcache.exe is missing. I also checked C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.0\WPF and it's there in the 64-bit folder. Is this normal for the file to be missing in the 32bit folder? Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I ran sfc/ scannow and it found no issues.

:)

rivre, Aug 23, 2016

2. Edge won't open htm/html files from my network

Version 1703, build 15063.138

I'm discovering that I can't open hyperlinks from any application except Edge itself, unless I change to a different default browser. For example, I could not open the hyperlink to your reply from the email I received in Outlook.

Missing 6.5, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Edge won't open htm/html files from my network

Since I installed the Creator Update, Edge will not open HTM or HTML files from my network. I get the error message "Windows cannot access [file path]" Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify
    and resolve network problems, click Diagnose." Diagnose does nothing. The details of the error message show an error code 0x80070002 "The system cannot find the file specified."

If I change the default app for this file type to Explorer, it opens without a problem. Interestingly, I've noticed that since the creator update, Edge is not a file type option. Rather, the Edge icon is shown with the description "Launch Windows App"

I've also noticed that I get a similar problem in Edge if I click on a link in Twitter.

All of this worked fine before the update. Any ideas as to what the problem is? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Missing 6.5, Aug 23, 2016
  4. presentationfontcache.exe error - missing file?

TairikuOkami, Aug 23, 2016
  5. rivre Win User
    Interesting. Your folder is the same as mine. I have that same file but no .exe. I'm guessing that's normal then? Maybe since the software I'm trying to run is old it's looking for a file that doesn't exist in Windows 10?

I'll grab that repair tool and see what happens.

rivre, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

presentationfontcache.exe error - missing file?

1. presentationfontcache.exe error - missing file? - Similar Threads - presentationfontcache exe error

2. Exe error on all file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exe error on all file: [ATTACH] Evrytime i try to make a bootable usb or even app are show me this type of exe thing i didnt find any solution can some one help asap plz submitted by /u/Big_Significance_547 [link] [comments]...
  3. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  4. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  5. Why Apps, files and exe button are missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Apps, files and exe button are missing?: Hi, there windows users. I would like to ask you guys a question. How to fix apps, files and exe Open button that is missing? Even i can't use Google, Mozilla FireFox, Opera, etc. The only browser i can use is Microsoft edge but there is a requirement. I can't just run...
  6. A .EXE file missing suddenly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A .EXE file missing suddenly: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 home single language since 2018.I update my Windows to 1909 version. I recently start to play a game and my game's .exe file suddenly erased or deleted from the game main directory. I have to reinstall the game for now several times for a week. Is it...
  7. Exe files gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exe files gone missing: so my pc ran into a problem , i had to fix it with system restore . at first everything seems normal and i saw my desktop without any icons in it except the preinstalled apps , then i checked my files installed ... ALL the files is fine EXCEPT ALL OF MY EXE FILES ARE GONE...
  8. Exe files missing

Exe files missing: Logged on to find one of my shortcuts Streamlabs chat bot isnt working. Getting the error that its moved. I did a search and the only results were in a deep folder under user\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\localstate\appiconcache\100. There...
  9. Error executing exe file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error executing exe file: Every time I try to download something by running an exe file, the computer keeps rebooting. It always reboot during download after running exe file. What should i do fix the problem? Pls help me.. submitted by /u/gevatte [link] [comments]...
  10. Program's exe file missing

Program's exe file missing: Hello, So I ran into this issue where a program I downloaded Photofiltre 7 is now missing it's executable. It does even if I uninstall and reinstall the program. The installation shows the exe file being created, but than, the shortcut for the exe is blank, and the exe file...