Windows 10: Pressing CTRL freezes Windows 10

Discus and support Pressing CTRL freezes Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This seems to have started after installing RAID but could be a coincidence. Windows is up to date. Thank you for any help! 88179 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by n2gn2, Jul 3, 2017.

1. n2gn2 Win User

Pressing CTRL freezes Windows 10

This seems to have started after installing RAID but could be a coincidence. Windows is up to date. Thank you for any help!

:)

n2gn2, Jul 3, 2017
  2. ThomasB01 Win User

Windows 10 freezing after recent update

After the upgrade my Windows 10 also freezes randomly. But I noted that pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL is still working, after that I simply press ESC and Windows works again. So no shutdown needed for me. But still it is very annoying.

ThomasB01, Jul 3, 2017
  3. computer freeze when loading game on facebook

Hi I have windows 10, when having 8.1 this didn't happen, for days now when loading criminal case game on facebook, the game freezes, and I have to press esc and ctrl to get out. Whats happening here?

KATHYMARCOTTE, Jul 3, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

If it started when you setup the RAID, the next question is what version of Windows, what type of RAID, was this a clean install when you set up the raid.

bro67, Jul 3, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    One other possibility, check Control Panel, Mouse, the Ctrl key can be set to show where the mouse pointer is on the screen. Uncheck that to eliminate it as a possible issue.

Berton, Jul 3, 2017
  6. n2gn2 Win User
    Running Windows 10 Version 1703 (Build 15063.413). OS on SSD, RAID 1 on two WD 1 TB Black drives. Used Windows to set up RAID. HDs were new. No constant issues I can remember before I set up RAID. I read a few years ago Windows had issues with the anniversary update and data stored on separate drives from OS. Ctrl for mouse is already unchecked.

n2gn2, Jul 4, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Anniversary Update [Upgrade to Version 1607 from Version 1507 or 1511] came out a year ago, July 2016, just a year after Version 1507 [July 2015] hence the name of Anniversary. We are now on the Creators Update [Upgrade to 1703] from March 2017. Version 1507 was the first RTM/Released version.

Berton, Jul 4, 2017
  8. n2gn2 Win User

Now pressing 1 on the num pad freezes windows...

n2gn2, Jul 15, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    You may need to set the hard drives as a Hardware RAID and do a clean install. With the SSD and Platter drives, that could also be the cause. What model of ASUS motherboard is this if you built it, if purchased prebuilt OEM, what model is it, along with the drivers all up to date, along with the BIOS? Check the ASUS forums to see if anyone else is having problems. The other would be any errors showing up as BSOD and can you pull any dump logs.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Pressing CTRL freezes Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pressing CTRL freezes

2. PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys: Couple weeks ago my PC started pressing these keys randomly and nothing helped, i will try reinstall windows from 11 to 10 and if problem won't disappear i will have no clues what's wrong with it....
  3. PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC press "Ctrl +" or "ctrl wheelup" keys: Couple weeks ago my PC started pressing these keys randomly and nothing helped, i will try reinstall windows from 11 to 10 and if problem won't disappear i will have no clues what's wrong with it....
  4. Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly: I kicked my power strip and when I turned the PC back on this infuriating beep started to occur. It occurs whenever the CTRL keystroke is sent in quick succession a beep will play from the system sound source. This is NOT any of the Sticky/Filter or other dumb settings I do...
  5. Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly: I kicked my power strip and when I turned the PC back on this infuriating beep started to occur. It occurs whenever the CTRL keystroke is sent in quick succession a beep will play from the system sound source. This is NOT any of the Sticky/Filter or other dumb settings I do...
  6. Beeps when pressing CTRL rapidly

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Pressing Ctrl and then pressing W does nothing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pressing Ctrl and then pressing W does nothing.: This issue is mainly in games and other things.Pressing Ctrl + W acts like it's stuck!Stickey Keys and anything like that is turned off, and this annoyes me because i cant do a lot of things!Any solution?...
  8. A not working when CTRL is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A not working when CTRL is pressed: I noticed this a few weeks ago in a game that I couldn't move left when I was crouched. This as it turns out is not game-specific, as far as I can tell A is never working on this pc when ctrl is pressed. Things I've tried: updating windows. Using Different Keyboard....
  9. Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Key acting as if it is pressed??: I'm using surface pro 5th generation with Windows 10. Recently, it is acting as if Ctrl key is pressed while it is not. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-key-acting-as-if-it-is-pressed/c0665232-f51b-421d-9e22-71bc6dcc5535
  10. Ctrl key keeps being pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl key keeps being pressed: I have this issue since few days ago, but now has become much more severe. Basically after i log on to window the ctrl keys are presssed, as indicated by the on screen keyboard as shown in the attached picture. [IMG] i tried unplugging the keyboard and using another one...