Windows 10: pressing f1 opens a web browser.

Discus and support pressing f1 opens a web browser. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ginouivel, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Ginouivel Win User

pressing f1 opens a web browser.

Hello Community,

Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser.

I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked.

i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. ( doesnt work)

then the second thing i tried is blocking it via cmd by typing

@echo off
    taskkill /f /im HelpPane.exe
    takeown /f %WinDir%\HelpPane.exe
    icacls %WinDir%\HelpPane.exe /deny Everyonepressing f1 opens a web browser. :(X)

This doesnt work either...

I was hoping someone has a solution to make it stop doing this.

Thanks in advance!

Gino

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings

:)

Ginouivel, Jul 22, 2018

2. Press F1 to continue!

Okay, this is what is on the "Press-F1 screen":

Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally
    Copyright (C) 1984-2003, Phoenix Technologies, LTD

K8M800-M7 A (K8M8M111 BS)

Main Processor : AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 3200+
    Memory Testing : 1047552K OK + 1M TSeg memory

IDE Channel 0 Master : DVDRW 16X16X YTS1
    IDE Channel 0 Slave : None
    IDE Channel 1 Master : None
    IDE Channel 1 Slave : WDE WD2500BB-55GUC0 08.02D08

IDE Channel 2 Master : None
    ***Floppy disk(s) fail (40)one***

Press F8 to Enable System Configuration
    Press F9 to Select Booting Device after POST
    Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP
    01/11/2007-K8M800-8237-6A7L1B0SC-00

I'm going to try some of the things that you guys suggested now.

Well, I figured out what was wrong. It took all of about 2min. of investigation, LOLz. I just never took the time to try to figure it out because it really didn't bother me to press F1.

Thanks for the help guys!

Franklinwallbrown, Jul 22, 2018
  3. The web browser of 5800 XM

Dear Nokia

There are some comments on the web browser of 5800 XM

1 - When you press the back button opens a window of what had been a visit from the pages of

Suggested that to go back to the page immediately preceding

2 - tools in the browser page is very large and cover a large amount of information

Suggested that the tools are in the drop-down list with a small button on the top of the screen or at least minimized or put a shortcut to be removed and sent back show it

3 - often closes the application Web site randomly

Pointer2006, Jul 22, 2018
  4. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

I can't set my default web browser

Hi Jorin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

It is unusual that you are unable to set a default web browser.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to choose a default web browser again and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type default programs in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "set your default programs".

5. From the list of programs, locate Google chrome or Microsoft edge, click on it and click "set this program as my default".

6. Save the changes and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

pressing f1 opens a web browser.

1. pressing f1 opens a web browser. - Similar Threads - pressing opens web

2. Unable to open web browser in WSL2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open web browser in WSL2: Failed to execute default web browser in WSL2.kindly help me to fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-web-browser-in-wsl2/5808d1ff-57e9-4fc7-b0c3-111d40c86ef5
  3. Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?: It was determined before I got this laptop HP Probook someone must've spilled liquid on the keys. The web start page/web home key will press itself at random times, taking the tab I am browsing to my start page by itself.I went into the Registery and added a ShellExecute with...
  4. Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?

Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?: It was determined before I got this laptop HP Probook someone must've spilled liquid on the keys. The web start page/web home key will press itself at random times, taking the tab I am browsing to my start page by itself.I went into the Registery and added a ShellExecute with...
  5. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  6. web browsers wont open

web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  7. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. No web browsers opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No web browsers opening: For the past few weeks barely any of my web browsers have been opening. When I try to open chrome, Firefox or opera, a blank windows appears for half a second and the app never opens. The only browsers that seem to be working are Vivaldi and edge. submitted by...
  9. Can't open applications/web browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open applications/web browsers: When I try to open browsers the cursor just spins but never opens the browser, anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/Enforcer-Grizzly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j090tv/cant_open_applicationsweb_browsers/
  10. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pressing f1 opens explorer

2. press f1 opens a new web browser