Windows 10: Pressing the Windows key + H does not bring up the dictation (talk instead of type) option

Discus and support Pressing the Windows key + H does not bring up the dictation (talk instead of type) option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have an HP laptop. It is fully up to date. However when I press the Windows Key + H it does not bring up the new dictation bar (under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bds391, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Bds391 Win User

Pressing the Windows key + H does not bring up the dictation (talk instead of type) option

Hi

I have an HP laptop. It is fully up to date.

However when I press the Windows Key + H it does not bring up the new dictation bar (under the talk instead of type option). Why is this?

I am in the UK, and have my language setting set to UK English.

I can however dictate fine into the Cortana search box.

Many thanks

Ben

:)

Bds391, Jul 18, 2018
  2. CBGB JRE Win User

Windows 1803 Dictation (Windows Key + H) Not Working

Hi,

I installed Windows 1803 last week and was using the Windows Key + H combo to activate the dictation feature. I successfully used dictation to compose some e-mails this way. This week, however, when I press the same key combination, nothing happens. The
    dictation feature does not activate.

I'm in Canada and hadn't adjusted my location or speech language settings after the install, they were set to Canada and English (Canada). I have tried changing them to United States and English (United States), but the Windows Key + H combination still
    does nothing.

I also updated another computer in my home yesterday to 1803, and the Windows Key + H combo has not worked on it even once.

Any light you can shed on this problem would be greatly appreciated. It would have been nice to have dictated this message!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Randy

CBGB JRE, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Windows key + H Does Not Trigger Windows Dictation (Issue)

Hello folks,

I recently upgraded to version 1803. Everything seems to be working fine except the dictation feature.

The speech recognition is perfectly fine but when I press Windows key + H, (as per the instruction to use dictation mode) -
    nothing happens!

Can you tell me what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

ankushdas1, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Pressing the Windows key + H does not bring up the dictation (talk instead of type) option

Talk to type

Hi Fred,

Windows Speech Recognition lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse. There is a wizard that can help you get started. Refer to these articles on how to use speech recognition and
    dictation to talk instead of type on your PC:

Use speech recognition

Use dictation to talk instead of type on your PC

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Pressing the Windows key + H does not bring up the dictation (talk instead of type) option - Similar Threads - Pressing key does

2. Windows dictation ignores commands and simply types them instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows dictation ignores commands and simply types them instead: I'm learning to use windows dictation. It offers tips for commands such as say "delete that", "select all", " stop dictating". However when I say these commands, it simply inserts the words of the command without actually doing the command. For example if I say "delete that"...
  3. Win+H - Windows dictation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+H - Windows dictation Issues: Recently Windows Dictation Wanted me to log in. But after logging in I'm getting the following error.I'm getting the same Error message When I'm logging in Trying to log in To my Hotmail account. The redacted tenant name, In that case, Changed to "Microsoft services" Instead...
  4. Win+H - Windows dictation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win+H - Windows dictation Issues: Recently Windows Dictation Wanted me to log in. But after logging in I'm getting the following error.I'm getting the same Error message When I'm logging in Trying to log in To my Hotmail account. The redacted tenant name, In that case, Changed to "Microsoft services" Instead...
  5. Win +H - Windows dictation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win +H - Windows dictation Issues: Recently Windows Dictation Wanted me to log in. But after logging in I'm getting the following error.I'm getting the same Error message When I'm logging in Trying to log in To my Hotmail account. The redacted tenant name, In that case, Changed to "Microsoft services" Instead...
  6. Win +H - Windows dictation Issues

Win +H - Windows dictation Issues: Recently Windows Dictation Wanted me to log in. But after logging in I'm getting the following error.I'm getting the same Error message When I'm logging in Trying to log in To my Hotmail account. The redacted tenant name, In that case, Changed to "Microsoft services" Instead...
  7. Does Windows 11 support "Talk instead of type" in Word 2013

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 support "Talk instead of type" in Word 2013: Windows 10 supported "Talk instead of type" in Word 2013. I just installed Windows 11 and it does not work with my word document. Does it only work with Microsoft 365 now?...
  8. Does Windows 11 support "Talk instead of type" in Word 2013

Does Windows 11 support "Talk instead of type" in Word 2013: Windows 10 supported "Talk instead of type" in Word 2013. I just installed Windows 11 and it does not work with my word document. Does it only work with Microsoft 365 now?...
  9. Windows Key + H Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key + H Does Nothing: ... so cannot open Dictation. Elsewhere people found changing "keyboard layout" fixed this but I don't know how to do this and those threads were locked for some stupid reason....
  10. Windows key+H dictation not working in Microsoft Word.

in Cortana
    Windows key+H dictation not working in Microsoft Word.: Dictated 2 sentences into a word document, then it stopped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keyh-dictation-not-working-in-microsoft/60fc7b14-91c7-410d-84d0-b8aec8c813f2"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows key h for dictation doesnt work

2. does not work - use dictation to talk instead of type on your pc

3. why doesnt windows H open dictation

4. windows key h not starting microphone,
  5. Windows key H does not work for dictation,
  6. I upgraded windows 10 now the home key H will not dictate anymore.,
  7. wndows and h dosnt bring up dication,
  8. windows h doesnt bring up dictation,
  9. windows h doesnt bring dictation,
  10. windows h dictation not working,
  11. Windows h not working for dictation,