Windows 10: Pressing the windows start button, typing run, enter, restarted PC??

Discus and support Pressing the windows start button, typing run, enter, restarted PC?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you can see from the title I have had some odd behaviour relating to keyboard input. That was one example. Other examples would include: -Random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nick12345678, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Pressing the windows start button, typing run, enter, restarted PC??

As you can see from the title I have had some odd behaviour relating to keyboard input. That was one example. Other examples would include:
    -Random explorer windows being selected / active with unexpected key strokes.
    -Key combinations such as ALT + other keys inc. tab causing games to crash.

I have a wireless logitech MK 250. It doesn't require drivers.
    Any thoughts anyone?

:)

nick12345678, Nov 19, 2016
  2. JohnReese Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 - Error 0x80070032

In my case, I did the following:

a) From Start screen, type cmd. From the results, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as an Administrator.

b) Type "net stop wuauserv" and press Enter.

c) Type "rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old" and press enter.

d) del c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution.old

e) y=yes n=no

f) Type "net start wuauserv"and press enter.

g) Type "exit" to close CMD window.

Most Troubleshooters do the same when repairing Update problems.

Restart before you retry the updates again.

When update shows the Restart now button, don't use.

Do a right click on start button, click on shut down or sign out

If you have update ready, you will have the option to restart with update.

In my case the update worked and installed 17083, then last night I got updated to 17093 with no problems.

JohnReese, Nov 19, 2016
  3. SarahKong Win User
    my computer keeps shutting down unexpectantly

Let's run a performance report to see if there are any issues.

Right click your start button and select Run.

Type the following...

perfmon /report

See if there are any errors in the report.

This maybe an issue with a system file being corrupt.

You can try a couple things.

Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.

Restart the computer.

If that doesn't work then try this,

Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands.

Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Restart your computer.

SarahKong, Nov 19, 2016
Thema:

Pressing the windows start button, typing run, enter, restarted PC??

1. Pressing the windows start button, typing run, enter, restarted PC?? - Similar Threads - Pressing start button

2. How to sign-in to Windows 10 by typing password without pressing ENTER key?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to sign-in to Windows 10 by typing password without pressing ENTER key?: Hello. I used to just type my password and my system automatically signs me in once I get it right. I want to apply this same setting to another laptop because now it requires me to press the ENTER key even after I typed my password. I have read some forums but they all...
  3. Starting pc and everyting runs slow, restarting pc fixes it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting pc and everyting runs slow, restarting pc fixes it.: Hello, I have a problem where If I start my PC everything is running very slow and "lagging". For example after playing a youtube video it's lagging and buffering. However if I just restart my PC everything is back to normal. I don't want to have to do that every single time....
  4. I typed some stuff in the 'Start' search bar but never pressed enter or actually looked it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I typed some stuff in the 'Start' search bar but never pressed enter or actually looked it...: Relatively new to win10 but basically the title. submitted by /u/JimmiC697 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2yus2/i_typed_some_stuff_in_the_start_search_bar_but/
  5. When i press the power button in the start menu only the options sleep and restart are...

When i press the power button in the start menu only the options sleep and restart are...: Ive searched google for like 2 hours but couldn't find anything that fixed it submitted by /u/kiram3ki [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrq9uj/when_i_press_the_power_button_in_the_start_menu/
  6. WHAT KEYS TO PRESS TO START ENTERING MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHAT KEYS TO PRESS TO START ENTERING MY PASSWORD: hOW TO START TYPING ON LENOVO LAPTOPS? wHAT KEY TO PRESS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-keys-to-press-to-start-entering-my-password/d9a1de91-6bab-4757-8aab-5d12ad6c7b17
  7. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.: Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard....
  8. My update is stuck at pending restart, when I press the restart now button my PC restarts...

My update is stuck at pending restart, when I press the restart now button my PC restarts...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/areT33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hr9j5b/my_update_is_stuck_at_pending_restart_when_i/
  9. Sometime PC does not start first time only starts after pressing the restart button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometime PC does not start first time only starts after pressing the restart button: I have a problem with my desktop. From last few days when I try to on the pc it does not start first time. Cpu and other fans are spinning. I check the event log there are two errors event id -10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local...
  10. Start button restarts Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button restarts Windows 10.: What is happening is, whenever I click start, messages, cortana, or dropdown menu in edge, my computer restarts. It does not do this in safe mode. I have don fresh or refresh start up with ms config. I have used powershell, I have used sfc scannow, I have reset the computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pressing start and typing doesn start typing

2. typing on start button enter doesnt accept command