Windows 10: Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates

Discus and support Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Brink, I recently downgraded to 1709 because the audio was not good with the new update. Is there a way I can prevent the 1803 update without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by qwertymikey, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates

Dear Brink, I recently downgraded to 1709 because the audio was not good with the new update. Is there a way I can prevent the 1803 update without afecting the other available updates?

:)

qwertymikey, Aug 17, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Aug 17, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates

1. Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates - Similar Threads - Prevent 1803 update

2. Error updating Windows 10 1803 to any other updated version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error updating Windows 10 1803 to any other updated version: My laptop is still not updated to the latest version 1903 or 1909 currently in 1803. It reaches 75% and then says it has failed. I really don't want to do a complete reinstall since there are programs for which I no longer have discs and I don't want to lose them. You are...
  3. 1920x1080 not available after Feature Update 1803

1920x1080 not available after Feature Update 1803: Prior to this update, My Dell Optiplex 780 with Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset was able to display 1920x1080. After I "updated" to version 1803, 1920x1080 is no longer available. I am stuck at 1600x1200. Roll back driver is grayed out and uninstalling the driver and...
  4. 1803 Update

1803 Update: How do I do the 1803Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-update/5cbb514f-d6ab-416b-9f92-3c07b64c56b9
  5. Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation

Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation: Hi, Yesterday I got a popup about a win10 update. As I was working I decided to postpone the update. Sadly there were no options to either not update, update at a certain time. Last night I was running some software to do calculations all night, but around 1:10am Win10...
  6. How to prevent 1803 Update forever?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent 1803 Update forever?: I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It...
  7. After 1803 Update color problem, Screenshot available

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1803 Update color problem, Screenshot available: hi everyone. just updated to the 1803 and this weird color thing is showed up. i do not know how to describe it. it is happening when watching movie or when i open a game. when watching movie it comes and goes.. some times it stays corrupted. tried to play Paladins last...
  8. How to change user profile without affecting windows updates

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change user profile without affecting windows updates: Hello, It is being a while since I have been dealing with Windows 10 failed updates. If you change some of the profile folders from partition, such as ProgramData or AppData you condemn the Windows update to fail. I like to have my drive separated in two partitions, one...
  9. App updates affect on other user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App updates affect on other user accounts: So once again a native app updates, in this case Tips, and once again the app fails to launch for the other user accounts afterwards. It's fine in my user acc where the update initiated from. But I am seeing this far too frequently when ms updates it's own apps. It is a time...
  10. Can downloading other files affect Windows update speed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can downloading other files affect Windows update speed?: What if i download updates for Windows but at the same time i'm also downloading torrents? My internet speed (browsing speed) is about 100-300kbps but in actual downloads like when i'm downloading from a browser or bittorrent client the speed ranges around 30-50kb/s for...