Windows 10: prevent access to certain folder from an account

Discus and support prevent access to certain folder from an account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi my computer has 2 accounts, both administrators. one is mine, the other is my wife's. I have a folder that contains pictures and videos which... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chiza, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Chiza Win User

prevent access to certain folder from an account

hi

my computer has 2 accounts, both administrators.
    one is mine, the other is my wife's.

I have a folder that contains pictures and videos which I don't want my wife to view/access.

I DO need the indexing search mechanism to keep indexing it but I don't want the contents of that folder appearing while searching with HER account.

i'm using windows 10.

:)

Chiza, Sep 22, 2017
  2. mensamann Win User

Security and access

I have a user/administrator listed in the security tab of my hard drive and files called: desktop-caitkug/friend and: desktop-caitkug/administrator. Is this some system account? If not, can I delete it? The account prevents me from accessing certain files
    and actions.

mensamann, Sep 22, 2017
  3. AndySteck Win User
    Block ALL programs and apps for child account with Windows 10

Thanks for the response but unfortunately the link you referred me to only allows me to block certain websites, and prevent the child from downloading certain apps from the app store. There is no instruction on how to prevent access to existing programs
    and files on the PC.

AndySteck, Sep 22, 2017
Thema:

prevent access to certain folder from an account

1. prevent access to certain folder from an account - Similar Threads - prevent access certain

2. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  3. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY: I have an issue with a particular program, it has two different locations and an asmuwrapper.exe file with a user access control lock on it, so when users print from this application, it prompts for an AD account login. the work-a-around has to be replaced this file with one...
  4. PROVIDE ADMIN ACCESS TO CERTAIN USERS FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS ONLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Prevent access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent access: I am removing our domain server. I am looking for a way to prevent staff from accessing files on the server and saving them to local drives. Here is the catch, they still need to be able to access them in VMWare client. Any thoughts on the best way to handle this?...
  6. Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain Updates are preventing me from accessing Libraries: Hi. I have a folder of videos on my PC which has been added to Libraries. In the next room is my Dune media player and when I use its NetworkBrowser/UPnP button, I can navigate to and play the videos. After Update KB4601345, I could navigate to the video folder but the Dune...
  7. Preventing Execution Of Certain Commands

Preventing Execution Of Certain Commands: Hello Team, Hope you are well ! I just want to know whether we can prevent certain commands in Windows Defender ATP. I want to prevent execution of below command running on Windows10: " cd C:\:$i30:$bitmap "...
  8. How to prevent certain program from auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent certain program from auto update: How to prevent certain program from auto update From Control Panel shows Windows defender firewall from right shows Advanced Setting From right shows Inbound Rules, from lift shows New Rule, and follow the steps 1- اختار برامج 2-حدد مكان البرنامج الذى لا ترغب في تحديثه...
  9. How to prevent users from running certain games?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent users from running certain games?: Hello I have a internet cafe, many people come to my internet cafe and play games computers like Counter Strike, Dota and online games. I closed the access to their games in the firewall and registry, but after that I noticed that they installed the games on the USB device...
  10. Prevent Application From Accessing Drive

Prevent Application From Accessing Drive: Is it possible to prevent an application like Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader, WinZip, etc. from accessing a drive (e.g., D:\) or a folder (e.g., D:\Data)? Ideally I want one application on my system to not have read access to one of the drives on my system....