Windows 10: Prevent image cropping on live folders

Discus and support Prevent image cropping on live folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't like the way W10 crops images on live folders to square whereas previous versions resized the image. I have an extensive TV and Movie library... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aquamonkey, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Prevent image cropping on live folders

I don't like the way W10 crops images on live folders to square whereas previous versions resized the image. I have an extensive TV and Movie library which I've setup with posters on all folders. Can this setting be changed for Windows 10? I've included captures showing Windows 10 folders with 8.1 styles below them if their is any misunderstanding

Prevent image cropping on live folders [​IMG]

:)

aquamonkey, Aug 16, 2017

2. Mouse pointers

To quickly crop, just click the Crop icon on the toolbar after opening the picture.

To see all images in a folder, you can click the Folder button on the left, or simply open the folder (your choice).

If you have any difficulty don't hesitate to reply back.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 16, 2017
  3. 5MP Pro Cam Setting on 1020

If you use the 34MPx option you will create a fullres image which has the co-ordinates and orientation of the cropped image.

On the phone in Camera roll you will see the cropped image. If you then make another crop that image wil change but the copy you sync to Sydrive will remain and a new one will be added. If you want the full quality of your crops set the image backup to
    best quality (requires WiFi) and save any crops you like. The full res image is on the phone and you can copy it off to your PC for storage.

Paul van der Heu, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

Prevent image cropping on live folders

1. Prevent image cropping on live folders - Similar Threads - Prevent image cropping

2. Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working: I use original MS Paint to crop images. But yesterday whenever I tried to crop an image what happened instead is that the image moved around. I hit the Crop button in the menu but the second I click the left button on my mouse to start cropping, the crop cursor is replaced by...
  3. Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working: I use original MS Paint to crop images. But yesterday whenever I tried to crop an image what happened instead is that the image moved around. I hit the Crop button in the menu but the second I click the left button on my mouse to start cropping, the crop cursor is replaced by...
  4. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  5. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  6. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

7. Photo app auto cropping image

Photo app auto cropping image: I am trying to figure out why the Photos app keeps shrinking and cropping cuts both sides off an image whenever I open it. I can't find any settings to see why it would. If I view the image in a slideshow, it will show the full image. I have also transferred the files to...
  8. Prevent image crop on live folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent image crop on live folders: Is it possible to prevent Live folders from using a cropped image therefore giving the same appearance as previous versions of Windows have provided? As an example my TV and Movie libraries have folder.jpg in use in every top level folder with the image being 1000x668 pixels,...
  9. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  10. Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app How to Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all...