Windows 10: Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup

Discus and support Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to prevent Onedrive from syncing at startup or perhaps completely disable it altogether? My reason for doing it is quite obscure and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JJG10, Feb 15, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup

Is there a way to prevent Onedrive from syncing at startup or perhaps completely disable it altogether?

My reason for doing it is quite obscure and I not sure I can explain.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Feb 15, 2015
  2. HKassir72 Win User

Stop Camera Roll Sync Notification

Indeed, when I stop onedrive services at startup the popup stops. Yet, when I open the application the popup appears again. Turning off notifications for the app does not solve this issue.

Hence, this means that Onedrive is asking for this camera roll sync, but there is no place in Onedrive options to turn it off.

Is there a way to turn it off permanently (aside from actually syncing photos).

HKassir72, Feb 15, 2015
  3. how to troubleshoot msconfig not allowing normal start up

Again, disable all Startups in Startup tab and msconfig>Services after Hiding All MS services, except Defender and OneDrive if you use it to sync files in real time.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 15, 2015
  4. Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup

You can disable it from the task manager (startup tab).

cyberrufus, Feb 15, 2015
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you very much! That was quick and it solved my problem

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup

1. Prevent Onedrive from Syncing at Startup - Similar Threads - Prevent Onedrive Syncing

2. Exclude from OneDrive sync?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exclude from OneDrive sync?: Quick question: Is there a way to exclude specific files from syncing with OneDrive?I don't need to sync auto-generated files beginning with "~" tilde or ending in ".bak"....
  3. Exclude from OneDrive sync?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude from OneDrive sync?: Quick question: Is there a way to exclude specific files from syncing with OneDrive?I don't need to sync auto-generated files beginning with "~" tilde or ending in ".bak"....
  4. No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive: An unimportant .lnk is not being backed up by OneDrive due to "No access permissions to item". What is the recommended action? The file it links to was used to backup my last mobile to the PC as an intermediary, then restored to the new mobile. Looking at the Properties of...
  5. No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive

No access permissions to item is preventing item from syncing to OneDrive: An unimportant .lnk is not being backed up by OneDrive due to "No access permissions to item". What is the recommended action? The file it links to was used to backup my last mobile to the PC as an intermediary, then restored to the new mobile. Looking at the Properties of...
  6. Stop Onedrive from syncing!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Onedrive from syncing!!: I hate OneDrive so much. It's hyperactive and wasting my time over and over again. I've been trying to deselect most of my folders so that they don't automatically sync. Should be simple enough but this thing is designed so poorly. Firstly you can't access the Settings...
  7. How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from synchronizing personal OneDrive accounts, this article will […] This article How to prevent users from syncing personal OneDrive accounts first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive: I have one pretty hefty folder, with a file size of 150GB. I don't want it on my OneDrive because it's so big it prevents anything else from syncing, so I want it to STOP syncing from my PC to the server. All of the guides I found were only how to stop syncing from OneDrive...
  9. OneDrive reparse point prevents syncing and renaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive reparse point prevents syncing and renaming: Hi, Some other application has dropped some files with weird names within a OneDrive sub-subfolder. One of them ends with a period and others are just odd – a sequence of numbers. So I tried deleting them from the local storage, which is under...
  10. Prevent iTunes from loading on startup

Prevent iTunes from loading on startup: Since I've upgraded to Windows 10, iTunes keeps loading on startup. I looked in the task manager under Startup, and disabled iTunesHelper. I don't see any other apps listed under Startup that are associated with iTunes or any other apple software. Am I missing something?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to prevent onedrive from trying sign in when not connected to internet