Windows 10: Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

Discus and support Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VeryOldDad, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

Hi,

How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop?

:)

VeryOldDad, Oct 26, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Oct 26, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Oct 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

You could remove the appropriate write permission... which is more general an effect than you want..

Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 26, 2017
  5. Thanks Dalchina,
    However I need something more targeted.

VeryOldDad, Oct 29, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    You could make the folder read only.

More targeted? That particular programs would be excluded from writing to it?

dalchina, Oct 29, 2017
  7. Thanks Dalchina,
    By targeted, I mean only affect "save as" dialogue boxes, without preventing adding shortcuts to desktop.
    I tried changing the "Desktop" folder to read only, but it didn't work (C:\Users\....\Desktop) - not sure why.

VeryOldDad, Oct 29, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

I can set mine as read only; I'm running as admin. Sorry, I've no idea how you could do that.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box - Similar Threads - Prevent save desktop

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Save As Dialogue Box is NOT RESPONDING

Save As Dialogue Box is NOT RESPONDING: Whenever I try to save a file from whatsapp app or try to upload any type of documents on Chrome, the dialogue box opens and shows not responding error every time. I didnt have any idea regarding this issue. I tried to restart, shut down and searched internet for this issue,...
  6. Windows 10 "Save As" box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "Save As" box: In Windows 10, my "Save As" box has a weird look to it, almost like it's a retro Windows 7 look. Maybe not that, but the text is bold and looks a little off from what it should. My file windows are normal. I can't save much beyond a few items before it virtually freezes...
  7. Open/save dialog boxes always default to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open/save dialog boxes always default to Desktop: How can I get Windows to show a different folder when these windows pop up? The stuff I'm trying to open/save is never on my desktop, and because it defaults to this I have to scroll up on the left to get to my quick access shortcuts. submitted by /u/DeafeningLure [link]...
  8. Prevent saving to local computer

Prevent saving to local computer: On a computer with a admin account and a user account is there any way to prevent the user account from saving to the computer (the idea being that they have to save to a USB)....
  9. Dialog Box Save/Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  10. Save-As dialogue box freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Save-As dialogue box freezes: I am using Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.753). I'm facing a problem in the "Save as" dialog box. It freezes for 15-20 seconds in every software, be it Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft word, photoshop, etc.What must I do to resolve this issue? 77168