Windows 10: Prevent Video Content From Autoplaying

Discus and support Prevent Video Content From Autoplaying in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, This question is regarding the auto playing of video's on web page's while using the ms edge browser, I really wish that Microsoft would include a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Davy49, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Davy49 Win User

Prevent Video Content From Autoplaying

Hi,
    This question is regarding the auto playing of video's on web page's while using the ms edge browser, I really wish that Microsoft would include a setting option that would make it easy for a user of the edge browser to do this. I'm currently running edge browser version # 41.16299.15.0 , here's my info.,Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 Build 16299.214
    Thanks,
    David

:)

Davy49, Feb 12, 2018

2. Autoplay

When I plug my iPhone in to import videos for my youtube channel autoplay does not open. I have tried every thing in every post. All I can get to is autoplay settings through control panel. Without autoplay I can import photos and video but videos never
    have content. MS Windows 10

Arnold Rogers, Feb 12, 2018
  3. How to stop video autoplay (Adobe Flash Videos) in Google Chrome

My mistake.

The video at this link is HTML5 and not a Flash video.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/you-...jose-antonio-vargas-and-tucker-carlson-clash/

(I have yet to find a Flash video that autoplays -- so I had to suspend testing.)

There's an extension for those who are seeing unwanted autoplay of HTML5 videos with Chrome at this link. At least it prevents autoplay of HTML5 videos for me.

https://chrome.google.com/
    I apologize for the confusion.

Case closed.

sdmike1974, Feb 12, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

In most cases the website has set it to run auto so unless you can find an app to block it there is nothing to stop it running

Samuria, Feb 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Prevent Video Content From Autoplaying - Similar Threads - Prevent Video Content

2. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?: I'm having an issue where videos are playing at random, when using the search box bottom toolbar, Windows 10. When I search for a file name with a word that happens to be in the news, it will blast a live video on the topic. I have searched everywhere and can't manage to turn...
  3. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?: I'm having an issue where videos are playing at random, when using the search box bottom toolbar, Windows 10. When I search for a file name with a word that happens to be in the news, it will blast a live video on the topic. I have searched everywhere and can't manage to turn...
  4. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Autoplay Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autoplay Video: I cannot get Video Discs to Autoplay. My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive. It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG...
  6. Autoplay Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autoplay Videos: I followed the instructions in this thead: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-enable-autoplay-of-movie-dvds-when/39a99447-4156-4e66-ae7b-59932b563171 I have downloaded VLC video player, in control panel/devices, I have set Autoplay to On. In...
  7. Autoplay videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay videos: I find autoplay videos irritating. In Firefox, I had gone to about:config and changed the media.autoplay boolean to false. This solved the problem until recently. The videos have been playing again. Any advice?
  8. autoplay videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    autoplay videos: Hi, I am play a game, but an ad came on and I can't get it off. Can someone tell me how to turn off the video. Thank you, TrossZZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-videos/c0e60a3e-0003-4fec-bb3d-92839fb7f7c7
  9. Autoplaying videos

in Browsers and Email
    Autoplaying videos: How do I stop autoplaying videos in Win 10 using Chrome? 17047
  10. Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "Import Photos and Videos" from autoplay for devices: I swear I had a import photos and videos option for devices on Windows 10 but now it seems I don't. This is what I get for options. [img] I don't even have the options in my autoplay settings and default settings. Any help would be great. 22675

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent link to an mp4 file from autoplaying

2. sharepoint mp4 prevent for autoplaying