Windows 10: Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update?

Discus and support Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, so i woke up 2days ago with my laptop (Alienware 15r2) in bootloop while not having done anything so i assume windows forced an update on me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pixelhouse, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update?

Hello,
    so i woke up 2days ago with my laptop (Alienware 15r2) in bootloop while not having done anything so i assume windows forced an update on me. While i got the loop fixed, my AZERTY keyboard was changed to QWERTY(no way to change it even when changing the keyboard layouts), my start menu would not work, some programs would not boot, etc etc.

So i decided to roll back to a previous version, i see now that windows has AGAIN download this faulty update and was wondering if there's something i can do to prevent it from installing(it's already downloaded).

I read somewhere to use Wushowhide.diagcab but it does not show me the update, only driver updates.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Pixelhouse, Oct 1, 2016

2. Theme and windows 10 anniversairy

OK, so the way we set themes in Windows 10 is by going to the Start Menu, going to Settings, going to Personalization, going to Themes, and then clicking the Themes link. If you do that, you should see your currently active theme and then the other available
    themes. If you go to that location and select the "Windows 10" theme, does that fix that up?

zachd [MSFT], Oct 1, 2016
  3. Theme and windows 10 anniversairy

Thank you very much for the answers , but I can't actually enter in safe mode..

And, I want to uninstall it, but I can't. :/

I know how to change the themes. Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update? :)

But every answer is very useful Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update? :)

AlexandraMustata, Oct 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update?

Hi, this may help:
    How to temporarily block the Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 upgrade | InfoWorld

Other methods:
    1. If you are using Pro, defer upgrades in Settings.
    2. If you wish to be notified of updates:
    Force Windows to notify you of updates

Windows Updates often happen without you knowing anything about it, which can be fine if they don’t require a restart.

You can change that so you are always notified when an update is pending.

• Launch Regedit
    • Look for
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

• Create a new key called WindowsUpdate

• Under that, create another key called AU and then create a DWORD called
      AUOptions with a value of 2.
    The following options are available

• 2 – To notify for download and notify for install
    • 3 – To auto download and notify for install
    • 4 – To auto download and schedule the install
    • 5 – To allow local admin to choose setting
    Exit REGEDIT and restart the computer.
    Now check when Updates are released and see if it works for you.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update?

1. Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update? - Similar Threads - Prevent Win10 Anniversairy

2. Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.: When I attempt to update WIN10 I receive 'Failed in 1st boot phase, sysprep_specialized" message. I seem to be stuck on WIN10 20H1. How can I fix this problem?...
  3. Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.: When I attempt to update WIN10 I receive 'Failed in 1st boot phase, sysprep_specialized" message. I seem to be stuck on WIN10 20H1. How can I fix this problem?...
  4. Corrupt files prevent WIN10 Home update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver: Problem description: https://superuser.com/questions/1638626/win10-game-controller-prevents-screen-saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-game-controller-prevents-screen-saver/1c64867e-5823-4dc7-8fe4-fddac17bb332
  6. Preventing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Preventing updates: In the old Windows versions (XP, 7) I could configure the system so that whenever I got a message on pending updates, I could choose which updates to install and which not to install. How can I do it in Windows 10? When I click Settings/Updates, I see a message on 3 pending...
  7. Preventing updates

Preventing updates: In the old Windows versions (XP, 7) I could configure the system so that whenever I got a message on pending updates, I could choose which updates to install and which not to install. How can I do it n Windows 10? When I click Settings/Updates, I see a message on 3 pending...
  8. Registry tweaks to prevent auto-reboot after Win10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Registry tweaks to prevent auto-reboot after Win10 Home updates: Has anyone seen a hacked version of gpedit.msc that has consistently maintained the ability to disable this feature across major W10 build updates?
  9. Windows Update preventing win10 upgrade

Windows Update preventing win10 upgrade: Toshiba Satelite Originally Vista, Upgraded to Win 7 Pro (32bit) SP1. Celeron Dual Core T3000 @ 1.80GHz 4GB RAM Background A few weeks ago the laptop's power seemed to just 'die' when booting up. When handed over to me, I managed to get Startup recovery running....
  10. Prevent Win10 from waking device?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Win10 from waking device?: Hello, all device i updated to 10 (anniversary edition) wake from sleep by themselves & i'm not sure why. I checked events history but couldn't identify. Certainly related to (windows) update. How do i stop this? Thank you! 60731