Windows 10: Prevent Windows SmartScreen from blocking application in Windows 10

Discus and support Prevent Windows SmartScreen from blocking application in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wrote a program for my personal use in Visual Studio 2013 and am trying to get it to run without Windows SmartScreen popping up every time I run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by capella, Mar 14, 2017.

1. capella Win User

Prevent Windows SmartScreen from blocking application in Windows 10

I wrote a program for my personal use in Visual Studio 2013 and am trying to get it to run without Windows SmartScreen popping up every time I run the executable.

I've been searching for about two hours now and have tried a number of different methods, including unblocking the file in PowerShell, editing permissions for the extension in Group Policy Editor, changing registry entries and several others.

I'm starting to wonder if the only possible way to do this is to purchase a certificate, which I don't really want to do for a simple, personal project like this. It's not like I'll be distributing the thing.There's got to be some work-around to this...

:)

capella, Mar 14, 2017

2. turn Smartscreen off entirely?

I've done all the steps to turn Smartscreen OFF but it STILL blocks certain files I attempt to download.

Message: "This unsafe download was blocked by Smartscreen filter"

Windows 10, Edge

How can prevent this worthless filter from blocking these downloads?

dandreamingbear, Mar 14, 2017
  3. Windows Defender Application Recognition

We are a software company that builds applications. Our clients download the applications from our site but Windows Defender prevents our customers from running our downloaded applications "Windows Defender Smartscreen prevented the running of unrecognised
    app from starting..." How can we get Windows Defender to recognise our application so our clients do not encounter this issue? Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put
    your PC at risk.Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at riskWindows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running
    this app might put your PC at risk.Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented
    an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk. Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

<Moved from Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10>

RoyAgostino, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Prevent Windows SmartScreen from blocking application in Windows 10

You don't need to purchase a certificate. You can sign it yourself then put that self made cert in trusted within the certificate store on your computer.

(Simplied explanation as on phone)

logicearth, Mar 14, 2017
Thema:

Prevent Windows SmartScreen from blocking application in Windows 10

1. Prevent Windows SmartScreen from blocking application in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Prevent SmartScreen blocking

2. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download: My Windows 10 Pro SmartScreen setting is blocking every single download. Even downloads from Microsoft.com and it does not give me any option to “Download Anyway” as all the advice sites are saying. How do I fix this and still have security? I should not have to turn it off...
  3. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download: My Windows 10 Pro SmartScreen setting is blocking every single download. Even downloads from Microsoft.com and it does not give me any option to “Download Anyway” as all the advice sites are saying. How do I fix this and still have security? I should not have to turn it off...
  4. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to prevent all application windows from minimizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent all application windows from minimizing: Could someone please offer a solution to a problem with W 10. Applications with 10 windows open will all minimize at the same time, and I can't figure out what is triggering this. It's probably the mouse. However, I have to spend a lot of time getting each window back....
  6. Windows Defender SmartScreen is blocking a small number of customers

Windows Defender SmartScreen is blocking a small number of customers: Hello, We have several dozen customers reporting that SmartScreen is blocking our website. We cannot recreate the issue, but have verified that the reports are accurate. We are asking customers that report the issue to take the steps to report it as a false positive using...
  7. SmartScreen cannot be switched to "Block" from "Warn"

SmartScreen cannot be switched to "Block" from "Warn": The "Blocked" option when selected will not stick; it reverts back to "Warn". This has happened on several machines I've worked on in our network over the last several days above four or five machines. I have Admin rights. This happens on both legacy Edge browser and the...
  8. SmartScreen an application I develop

SmartScreen an application I develop: Hi I develop an application that users can download from the internet (exe file). From time to time, I get an email from users about SmartScreen blocking the application from running. Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this...
  9. Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fullscreen applications prevent windows menu from opening: Whenever I use the windows key in a full screen application, it works fine. I do that a second time and it doesn't open. How can I fix this?...
  10. SmartScreen filter prevents an app

SmartScreen filter prevents an app: I frequently visit a banking website. Every time SmartScreen prevents being unrecognized app from starting. I start it every time by pressing more info and then Run anyway. Is there any way by which I can add this website as an exception to SmartScreen filter so that it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpo smartscreen prevent blocking an application

2. windows defender smartscreen is unreachable