Windows 10: Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..?

Discus and support Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Wondering if anyone knows how to stop Google Chrome from automatically downloading Software Reporter Tool? I'm aware its purpose is to scan the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Thelps, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Thelps Win User

Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..?

Wondering if anyone knows how to stop Google Chrome from automatically downloading Software Reporter Tool?

I'm aware its purpose is to scan the integrity of the Chrome installation for browser errors/malware etc. and that it conforms to Google's Privacy Policy.

However, I'd be interested if anyone knows how it downloads/installs and ways to stop it.

What IP hosts it for the download? Is there a specific body of code in Chrome that checks for its presence and downloads it if it isn't there?

I consider it bloatware for my purposes (that's not to say I won't ever use it) and need to find a way to prevent it and all other programs from automatically exploiting my web browser to install unwanted software. If I know the ways unwanted software is automatically downloaded it would go a long way to securing my computer on the internet.

:)

Thelps, Feb 26, 2018

2. Native_proxy.exe has stopped working

Uninstall Google chrome and then restart pc then reinstall chrome. I done this and it sorts it out. Google chrome is the cause of the issue.

If it still happens contact chrome and keep reporting it to them.

GaryIngramGI, Feb 26, 2018
  3. Google Chrome YouTube video(s) reproduction is freezing on every 12 seconds for ½ of a second, after computer is waken up out of sleep

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

To resolve the issues with Google Chrome, I suggest you to contact Google Chrome Support.

Google Chrome Help

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 26, 2018
  4. Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..?

Josey Wales, Feb 26, 2018
  5. Thelps Win User
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how to prevent the download itself in the first place.

Thelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..?

1. Preventing Google Chrome's Software Reporter Downloading..? - Similar Threads - Preventing Google Chrome's

2. Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.: I use Google Chrome and once every day, either the screen goes black and Chrome closes, or it says out of memory. I even cleared out my storage space but it still doesn't work. Also I can't download anything without Chrome saying "out of storage space". Any tips?...
  3. Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Google Chrome and downloading files.: I use Google Chrome and once every day, either the screen goes black and Chrome closes, or it says out of memory. I even cleared out my storage space but it still doesn't work. Also I can't download anything without Chrome saying "out of storage space". Any tips?...
  4. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  5. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  6. how to prevent child account from downloading google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to prevent child account from downloading google chrome: Hi, My children have been using google classroom for their distance learning school, but lately they've been trying to circumvent the Microsoft Family by downloading Google Chrome themselves thru this https://www.google.com/chrome/ site. Is there a way to prevent it? I...
  7. google chrome download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    google chrome download: Is there a google chrome app download in the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-download/5b4fb292-2493-4ea0-a047-441a8154bbc7
  8. malicious software pop up on google chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malicious software pop up on google chrome: how to get out of malicious software pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-software-pop-up-on-google-chrome/12739b6b-e979-45ba-823e-7b700ed81359
  9. Trouble downloading Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble downloading Google Chrome: Trying top set up a new Surface Go. Want to download Google Chrome and make this my primary browser but Windows messages keep getting in the way. Any ideas??...
  10. New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Chrome Suspicious Site Reporter extension: Chrome was built with security in mind from the very beginning. Today we're launching two new features to help protect users from deceptive websites. The Suspicious Site Reporter Extension will improve security for Chrome users by giving power users an easy way to report...