Windows 10: Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things

Discus and support Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, i have a desktop lenovo running windows 10. Ive set a uefi/bios password on there (not clear on the difference) my hope is to prevent resets... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Castellan, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Castellan Win User

Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things

Hello,

i have a desktop lenovo running windows 10. Ive set a uefi/bios password on there (not clear on the difference) my hope is to prevent resets to factory settings. The end goal being to maintain the integrity of the admin account on the computer. However, it doesnt seem to do the trick. I had to test it, of course, and so i began resetting, expecting a dialogue to appear requiring a password to proceed. Instead, it just seems to start the reset process.
    i remember we had a mac which, in this regard was very clear and spot on.

am i doing something wrong perhaps? Comments are appreciated.

:)

Castellan, Dec 22, 2015

2. Factory reset prevention

Hi,

The feature that you are asking for is currently available for phones only. As this idea can be used by Windows in the future, we recommend that you post it

here

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Factory reset prevention

hello i wanted to know if its possible to make it impossible to factory rest or wipe my pc in case of theft thanks

#Awesomesauce2.0, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things

1. Preventing reset to factory settings and similar things - Similar Threads - Preventing reset factory

2. Reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset to factory settings.: Hi I ran into a problem yesterday I reset my laptop back to factory settings as it was going through the setup process it came to a screen and asked me to enter a email address that I do not have or have never used now I can't proceed any further and stuck at this screen if...
  3. Reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset to factory settings.: Hi I ran into a problem yesterday I reset my laptop back to factory settings as it was going through the setup process it came to a screen and asked me to enter a email address that I do not have or have never used now I can't proceed any further and stuck at this screen if...
  4. Reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset to factory settings: Just got computer from family member. Trying to reset to factory settings to wipe out ALL info from previous owner. Any idea how to do that? Can't find option to do factory reset....
  6. Reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset to factory settings: Hello everyone! I'm asking for help. I have an old Asus N53Sv running Windows 10 It was a window 7 and I updated it during the free window. So, it's a good machine, it never let me down l, I still edit videos in it. Recently I installed some new drivers and probably...
  7. reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset to factory settings: I'm attempting to reset my laptop (Lenova Thinkpad) to factory settings. I've gone through the Widows prompts and instructions to rest but keep getting an error that "something went wrong" and my computer/ windows can not reset- Any help? Thanks...
  8. Reset Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Factory Settings: I have a Primebook that I want to reset to factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-factory-settings/86bcef12-4312-4d02-ac62-ba0aeadc413e
  9. The Font Thing - similar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Font Thing - similar?: For a decade or two on my XP PC (and maybe earlier) the program The Font Thing frequently proved very handy. But it was apparently 16-bit and sadly I can't run it on my Win 10 Pro PC. Anyone able to recommend a similar 32 or 64 bit tool they've found useful please?...
  10. Reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset to factory settings: Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit. It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted...