Windows 10: Preview 10074 - Windows Startup icon not working

Discus and support Preview 10074 - Windows Startup icon not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just updated from 10049 to 10074 Windows startup icon (lower left on toolbar) not working. Can only rt click to see basic listing.*Mad 5841 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by miles9123, May 3, 2015.

1. miles9123 Win User

Preview 10074 - Windows Startup icon not working

Just updated from 10049 to 10074
    Windows startup icon (lower left on toolbar) not working.
    Can only rt click to see basic listing.*Mad

:)

miles9123, May 3, 2015

2. Windows 10 Build 10162 won't install.

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview does require a activation key. It is available from the Microsoft ISO download site. Version 10162 will not complete the "clean" install. It goes all the way to a pale blue screen with spinning dot icon and the words "wait
    a few moments" and it never clears. I have a dual-boot setup with Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview version 10074 that installed and is working fine on the same hardware... Version 10162 tries to install automatically inside Windows 10 Enterprise Insider
    Preview version 10074, but it reports "trouble installing" and we'll try again later

Kurt Hanson, May 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Activation - after clean install from Tech preview build 10074

I was part of the windows Insider program. I had installed Windows 10 Tech preview on my Dell XPS laptop that had previously had Windows 8.1 installed on it. The product key for the windows 8 installation was part of the UEFI settings (ie installed on
    the motherboard).

I had the Windows Tech preview build 10074 installed on my PC. For some reason it was corrupted and was not able to be upgraded past build 10074. I attempted to roll back to Windows 8 but had no success as I did not have the correct install media and the rollback
    option was not working.

I ended up installing a fresh version of Windows 10, it seemed like my only option to get past the preview build 10074. Now I am being prompted for a product key for Windows 10 even though it should be a free upgrade from Windows 8.1. Given the tech preview
    build 10074 did not let me use the normal upgrade path, how do I get my product activated ?

I have contacted 2 different Microsoft Helpdesk staff and they have been of no help. They tell me that I need to purchase a product key. I am only in this position due to the corrupted 10074 build that prevented me form using the normal upgrade path. I am not
    so keen on spending $300 on a product key.

KevKennedy, May 3, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

It's takes a bit and a few restarts for everything to 'fall into place'.
    Check for pending updates.

Edwin, May 3, 2015
  5. Charlie Win User
    That's right, couple of manual updates and restarts did it for me. I even got the update failed try again later warning also. All seems good now.*Nerd

Charlie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Preview 10074 - Windows Startup icon not working - Similar Threads - Preview 10074 Startup

2. Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend this is Gavin & using Latest Windows 11, 23H2 OS."Copilot in Windows preview" Icon disapears in Taskbar when I start My Laptop. But when I try to re-start My Laptop then "Copilot in Windows preview" Icon appears on the Taskbar right side as...
  3. Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copilot in Windows preview Icon disapears during startup.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend this is Gavin & using Latest Windows 11, 23H2 OS."Copilot in Windows preview" Icon disapears in Taskbar when I start My Laptop. But when I try to re-start My Laptop then "Copilot in Windows preview" Icon appears on the Taskbar right side as...
  4. video media preview not working on preview pane or on icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video media preview not working on preview pane or on icons.: video icons only showing default media player, no preview. preview pane shows same default media player icon. how do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-media-preview-not-working-on-preview-pane-or/00bcdf2b-27f7-4e7e-95df-79a91c65c41e
  5. Icon Previews

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon Previews: Hey people, there are some technical issues that I need to solve. My icon images do not come up at all anywhere. Like this: [ATTACH] The same thing happens everywhere:[ATTACH] Can someone please help?...
  6. IE11 Not working in Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Not working in Build 10074: Hello! I recently updated to build 10074 and IE11 will not launch at all! It is set as my default browser. Spartan (Edge) is working just fine...but I dont want to use it just yet as it doesnt store cookies and autofills logins. (among other reasons) Chrome opens just fine...
  7. Build 10074 not working as should

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 10074 not working as should: hi guys, my network and/or homegroup no longer work. After searching and trying to fix this (a couple of hours) i gave up, gave feedback to MS and returnde to Build 10061. Hate to do a fresh install, although i have burned the ISO. So i guess i have to wait for a...
  8. No Preview on Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    No Preview on Icon: I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. I cannot get my picture icons to show previews of the pictures. They only show a generic blue icon. I've gone into view settings and the box to show previews is checked but they will not preview. Nothing will work. Can someone please...
  9. 10074

in Windows 10 Support
    10074: Hi. I have just installed 10074. Is that the latest preview. Thanks 6418
  10. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available: Hi everyone from the Build 2015 conference happening right now in San Francisco! If you haven’t already, check out Terry’s blog post about all the Windows 10 announcements we made today. If you’re at Build this week or at Ignite in Chicago next week – keep your eye out for me...