Windows 10: Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails.

Discus and support Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I checked the Folder Options in Explorer and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option is not enabled. Next, I checked through the System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FearingSword, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails.

I checked the Folder Options in Explorer and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" option is not enabled. Next, I checked through the System Properties and made sure "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option is enabled. What doesn't make sense is when I open a folder full of image files, I still have several image icons visible so I can actually see a small icon of the image file. But the majority of the files are thumbnails.

:)

FearingSword, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Icons and thumbnails not showing

Hi,

It is possible that icons and thumbnails are not showing due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if what troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and will provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 27, 2018
  3. patslee Win User
    File Thumbnail Previews Don't Show

Hi everyone,

So I'm using a new computer on windows 10 and just realized that none of my tif files are showing thumbnail previews (just the generic paintbrush image). I tried going into Folder Options and the Display File Icon & Always show icons, never thumbnails checkboxes,
    but this doesn't help. What I noticed is that if I open the image in Photoshop, do something like add a blank layer, and save it, then the thumbnail preview is restored for that file. Additionally, if I open PS and use File>Open, then I am able to see thumbnail
    previews just fine. Does anyone know why this occurs? Thanks for the help!

patslee, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails.

Windows 10 photo thumbnail preview not working - getting generic icons showing up instead - Need help please

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Open This PC on Taskbar.
    • Click or Tap on Pictures folder.
    • Click on View.
    • Click or tap on Options and select Change folder and Search options.
    • Click on View and uncheck Always show icons, Never thumbnails.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails.

1. Preview icons not all showing. Most are still thumbnails. - Similar Threads - Preview icons showing

2. Bizarre Thumbnail Preview Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bizarre Thumbnail Preview Icon: I recently noticed that, when using Windows' File Explorer, the preview thumbnails for PDF's and word documents on my computer have changed. In the bottom right corner of the preview thumbnail there is a new icon. There is either a black box or a minesweeper icon, depending...
  3. Bizarre Thumbnail Preview Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bizarre Thumbnail Preview Icon: I recently noticed that, when using Windows' File Explorer, the preview thumbnails for PDF's and word documents on my computer have changed. In the bottom right corner of the preview thumbnail there is a new icon. There is either a black box or a minesweeper icon, depending...
  4. Bizarre Thumbnail Preview Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  6. "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane: I was trying to reduce performance issues in Windows 11 and noticed that "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option in the Performance settings, disables not only thumbnail previews instead of icons but also the preview pane. If this is expected behavior, this option should be...
  7. "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Show thumbnails instead of icons" disables preview pane: I was trying to reduce performance issues in Windows 11 and noticed that "Show thumbnails instead of icons" option in the Performance settings, disables not only thumbnail previews instead of icons but also the preview pane. If this is expected behavior, this option should be...
  8. Thumbnails/Icons not previewing or showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails/Icons not previewing or showing up: Hello, I can't see my thumbnail previews/icons in my folders. I have tried disk cleanup, running command prompt, restarting my laptop, using winfilefolder.diagcab and running that, I've tried turning 'always show icons never thumbnails' on and off/and keeping it unchecked and...
  9. No icons and Thumbnail instead of Preview

No icons and Thumbnail instead of Preview: Hello. Most of my app/software icons have disappeared. Also most of the images show only thumbnailno previews. My folder options are correct. I tried what I found searching but non have worked for me yet. I hope you can help me! Left image is icons missing right one is...
  10. Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10

Not all photo thumbnail previews showing - Windows 10: basically only some files will show their previews and I've already tried resetting the thumbnail cache and checking if show thumbnails instead of icons was unchecked; which it wasn't. I've been having this issue for a while now and its been making it harder to find things as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. most of thumbnails showing as icons

2. not all pictures show icons always show icons not thumbnails unchecked in windows 10

3. I am searching for my icons and apps

4. still cant get thumbnails after clicking thumbnails not icons,
  5. sketchup stopped showing thumbnails after sometime