Windows 10: Preview Image not in Context Menu

Discus and support Preview Image not in Context Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, After updating to Windows 10, I find that the Preview button in the context menu is no longer visible as it once was in 8(.1). Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Turtle, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Turtle Win User

Preview Image not in Context Menu

Hi,

After updating to Windows 10, I find that the Preview button in the context menu is no longer visible as it once was in 8(.1). Is there a way to re-enable this? I mainly open my image files using something like Paint.Net and I also need to view previews of images when I program as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Turtle, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Airyu Win User

Right-Click preview option missing after Win 10 install

This option is not in any way like the previous mentioned "Preview" option other than the obvious. Files are always alphabetical and it does not roll over back to the first image. It works with "collections" and the old preview was folder specific and
    dynamic (it rebuilds a list every time you open a folder so selecting one image and selecting "Preview" in the context menu lets you view every file in the folder in FOLDER sort order).

Airyu, Aug 1, 2015
  3. ed246 Win User
    "open with" multiple image files

Hello,

Gimp already shows in the context menu, if I select a single image, no problem there, however, if I highlight more than one image "open with" is no longer under context menu. Unless I didn't understand the replies

I have no problem with this in Linux but windows does not cooperate with this function.

ed246, Aug 1, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

The preview button opened Windows Photo Viewer which has been deprecated in Windows 10, replaced with the Photos app, but can restore it. Follow the instructions here, and the Windows Photo Viewer will appear in the Open With context menu option. Is Windows Photo Viewer gone? - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

5. Turtle Win User
    Is it possible to then make the command work with the new Photos app? I'd rather not use the depreciated WPV (in the event a future update to 10 removes it).

Turtle, Aug 1, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    As far as I know, there is no way to add a custom context menu item for the Photos app, but it would be very unlikely that an update would remove Windows Photo Viewer.

Thema:

1. Preview Image not in Context Menu - Similar Threads - Preview Image Context

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder

in Browsers and Email
    [Query]Context menu-save image as- in specific folder: Hiya, hope everyone doing well. When I open an URL containing image in my Chrome browser, upon right clicking on the image I get below option in the context menu. Is it possible to add save image as - in specific folder via some app? say Save image as - in Folder A - in...
  4. Why "Bitmap image" in context menu "new"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why "Bitmap image" in context menu "new"?: When you open the context menu on the desktop right-click, the item "New" is listed. When you mouse over "New" you're presented with a pop-out list of new files you can create then and there. My question is: Is there a way to change "Bitmap image" to something more...
  5. Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Photographers deal with tens of thousands of images daily. Many of them use the […] This article Image Preview missing from Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?: https://puu.sh/GuB4M/6aee1a187e.png Would really love to remove "Create a new video", "Edit with Photos", "Edit with Paint 3D", and "Set as desktop background" since I never use any of those. submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz [link] [comments]...
  7. Broken context menu scaling with containing images

Broken context menu scaling with containing images: Our shell extension extends the context menu of the Windows explorer to show a preview image for our application specific files. If the display scale is set to a value greater 100% the only the text of the first context menu entry is scaled and the context menu itself does...
  8. Resize Image not displaying in context menu (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resize Image not displaying in context menu (Windows 10): I recently downloaded Microsoft's Resize Image app, but it's not showing up in the context menu, preventing me from changing the sizes of multiple images at the same time. Instructions were included and followed, but they don't seem to have worked. Can anyone please walk me...
  9. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  10. Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Preview pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Preview pane to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The preview pane shows you see the contents of a file, such as image or text files, without having to open it with an app. By default,...