Windows 10: Preview window on desktop

Discus and support Preview window on desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I connected my TV via HDMI cable to my laptop, a little preview window popped up, all on its own. Now one of these pops up for every app or window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by murfnik, Dec 28, 2015.

1. murfnik Win User

Preview window on desktop

When I connected my TV via HDMI cable to my laptop, a little preview window popped up, all on its own. Now one of these pops up for every app or window I have open--even though I'm no longer connected to the TV. If I right-click on one of them, and choose "end process" it closes that particular app. I would like to know a)what this is b)how to get rid of it (as it's rather annoying) and c)how to keep it from happening again.

Before you ask, when I hit ctrl+alt+del and look at apps, it does not show up. I've attached a screenie-the little windows under the cocks are what I'm talking about.

Thank you.

Preview window on desktop [​IMG]

:)

murfnik, Dec 28, 2015

2. Laptop windows 10 software for Lumia 950 XL

Hootan and cralexander,

Your desktop apps are Win32 and are compiled for x64/x86 processors, Windows10Mobile runs on ARM.

There is a work around you can look at. Try the
    Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview
    , with this installed you can use your phone to access your desktop PC.

More info on the
    MS Remote Desktop Preview

Joel in Vic, Dec 28, 2015
  3. AmirGanji Win User
    0x204 error code in remote desktop for windowsphone

I found the problem! It was windows technical preview's issue! You can't use remote desktop in preview or starter windows editions! So I installed window 8 enterprise and now remote desktop works just fine!

AmirGanji, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

Preview window on desktop

1. Preview window on desktop - Similar Threads - Preview window desktop

2. Turn off Desktop file previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Desktop file previews: I'm trying to make files I save to my desktop not short cuts have their default icon per file type and not the file preview. For example I have Word documents saved to the desktop and it shows a preview of the Word document rather than the Word icon. File previews Explorer...
  3. Turn off Desktop file previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Desktop file previews: I'm trying to make files I save to my desktop not short cuts have their default icon per file type and not the file preview. For example I have Word documents saved to the desktop and it shows a preview of the Word document rather than the Word icon. File previews Explorer...
  4. Turn off Desktop file previews

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Build text on Desktop preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build text on Desktop preview: Hi there I am Aldrin and one of the newest member of insider program I would like to ask regarding to the build text that is displayed on desktop when theirs's an update do mind if you rather take that one out....
  6. Build text on Desktop preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build text on Desktop preview: Hi there I am Aldrin and one of the newest member of insider program I would like to ask regarding to the build text that is displayed on desktop when theirs's an update do mind if you rather take that one out....
  7. Microsoft announces public preview of Windows Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces public preview of Windows Virtual Desktop: Last September, we announced Windows Virtual Desktop and began a private preview. Since then, we’ve been hard at work developing the ability to scale and deliver a true multi-session Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus virtual desktop and app experience on any device. Today,...
  8. Peek to preview the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Peek to preview the desktop: Have this checked to put at end of taskbar,but it is very small to use.Is there a way to make larger?. In windows7 this was not a problem. I mean this is like 1/16 wide. 27291
  9. Remote Desktop Preview Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop Preview Issues: I cannot get RD preview to add new connections. It allowed me to add an initial IP address but when I try to add another one it crashes. Are there alternatives to this? 24262
  10. Remote Desktop for Windows 10 exiting preview

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop for Windows 10 exiting preview: Remote Desktop for Windows 10 exiting preview I’d like to start by saying a big thank you to everyone who has installed and used our Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview client for Windows 10 and has provided us great feedback so far. After a few months working on the...