Windows 10: Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

Discus and support Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a my preview for my images are gone... I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions. In explorer under view/options under View... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orlandotek, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

All of a my preview for my images are gone...

I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions.

In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked.
    I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck. Yes, I closed and re-opened
    explorer after the change.

I under went under Control Panel/System/Advanced/System Properties/Performance and
    made sure "Save Taskbar Thumbnail Previews" was checked as well as "Show thumbnails instead of icons"
    was also checked.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Any help appreciated. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

:)

orlandotek, Dec 27, 2015
  2. koullislp Win User

Snipping tool in Windows 10 saves files with .PNG extension instead of .png

This is a problem for Windows explorer as it doesn't recognise the .PNG extension and the image preview doesn't work.

If I rename the files to .png then picture preview (thumbnails) in windows explorer works.

Can I change the default?

koullislp, Dec 27, 2015
  3. windows 10 explorer thumbnails do not display correctly in preview

Very often the thumbnail (preview image) does not show the view presented when the image is viewed in an editor eg using MS Office 2010 viewer.

I can't find a 'refresh thumbnail' option in Win Explorer

I have spent an hour or so trawling the web for solutions. These included 1) deleting all Thumbs.db files, and 2) stopping the explorer process, clearing the thumbnail database and re-starting explorer.

Explorer seems content to ignore all this and to continue displaying the thumbnails incorrectly.

Stephen_Ford, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

Brink, Dec 27, 2015
Thema:

Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

1. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer. - Similar Threads - Previews images thumbnails

2. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  3. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  4. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Preview of Adobe progams in explorer thumbnails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preview of Adobe progams in explorer thumbnails: Yes I know, this is a very old topic but I have this issue (again). Which program is able to give a preview of all the different file formats (like pdf, psd, indd. ai,...)? submitted by /u/hakanethem [link] [comments]...
  6. Image Thumbnails and Preview no longer loading in File Explorer

Image Thumbnails and Preview no longer loading in File Explorer: As of earlier today I noticed that newly downloaded images are not displaying their thumbnails. Went online to look for solutions, looks like a lot of users are having this problem but very few have had offered solutions that aren't completely generic or pulled from a Third...
  7. Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some

Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some: In this question, these people had issues with the thumbnails not working and I had similar issues Topic and I found a simple solution that worked for all of my images except for my gif which I just needed to make one small edit to fix change the color of 1 pixel in 1 frame...
  8. No image thumbnail in explorer Icons

No image thumbnail in explorer Icons: Image icons shows up as blank dokument, i.e there is no image preview. I have checked that the option "allways show icons, never thumbnail" is not checked. I have used "Cleanmgr" to clean out thumbnails. I have deleted the thumnail cashe. Nothing of this works I have...
  9. File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing: Greetings, I've recently switched from Windows 7 to 10 and I've noticed a behavior that I was curious about. If possible, I'd like to remedy it, but Google searching doesn't really yield any meaningful results. Here's the issue I'm seeing. If I set Windows to show thumbnail...
  10. Where have my image thumbnails gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where have my image thumbnails gone?: When I opened folders such as Pictures, Camera Roll, Screenshots the images within used to be instantly previewed with thumbnails. This has stopped, perhaps as a result of October update. So far I have not found how to restore this feature. Advice please. 129900