Windows 10: Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available

Discus and support Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there For those who were previous TechNet subscribers -- you CAN still get your keys even if you can't download the products any more. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jan 2, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available

Hi there

For those who were previous TechNet subscribers -- you CAN still get your keys even if you can't download the products any more.

This is good for people who for example want to get a W10 licence -- you can enter a VALID W7 / W8 / W8.1 key for example for W10 installation and activation.

On the TechNet page you can export your keys as an XML file which you can open with EXCEL and save as an EXCEL file.

Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available [​IMG]

Hopefully this is of use to some people - especially if you want an extra licence or two --for example creating VM's.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2017

2. technet professional windows 7 ultimate upgrade to windows 10

follow-on question to this topic:

I have been a bona-fide TechNet subscriber (until the door closed on TechNet) - and I am still running a PC on a TechNet W8.1 license. When I attempt to upgrade to W10 via a media stick, it asks for a product key.

Does this mean that TechNet keys are not, indeed, full permanent licenses (or - at least - are limited to the original version, with no upgrade path)?

HansMosberg, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Wombatway Win User
    What if I require a clean install after a year has past?

This a little bit off the tack but still a general **** about Microsoft' being under handed.

I have been a strong user of Technet for several years and a quite price. I have never really gained from it but still supported and subscribed to Technet. I now find out that I am not eligible to upgrade my Technet keyed windows 7 to Windows 10.

Guys that suck after the thousands of dollars that have been spent. Further to this I hear that the people that have supported and help develop the final release by putting hours of unpaid time (that means us) will not be able to keep going with the Windows
    10 that they have on their computers.

Microsoft grow up and give your supporters including Technet a fair go. Let us keep Our Windows 10 that we have tested for your for free and the same for all those Technet people who have paid a kings ransom over the years. You killed Technet don't abuse
    us!!!!!

Wombatway, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available

I wish they wouldn't block you from downloading software, what's the harm in that? It's useless without a key anyway. I exported my keys long ago, just before it expired, just in case.

alphanumeric, Jan 4, 2017
Thema:

Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available

1. Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available - Similar Threads - Previous Technet subscribers

2. Technet Forums Unreachable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Technet Forums Unreachable?: I searched for forums for help with IIS 10 and found some links through Google, but when I visit the site, it seems to be down. I remember being able to access this site a few years ago.Is there another site with IT help that I can...
  3. Technet Forums Unreachable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Technet Forums Unreachable?: I searched for forums for help with IIS 10 and found some links through Google, but when I visit the site, it seems to be down. I remember being able to access this site a few years ago.Is there another site with IT help that I can...
  4. Money in Excel is now available to Microsoft 365 subscribers in U.S.

in Windows 10 News
    Money in Excel is now available to Microsoft 365 subscribers in U.S.: Managing personal finances can be a daunting prospect for most people, but having the right tools can help make it less challenging. While millions of people use Excel to track their budgets, manually updating a budget spreadsheet every month with the latest transactions can...
  5. Is the registry key "RunServicesOnce" still available on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the registry key "RunServicesOnce" still available on Windows 10?: Dear All, I need to run a script once before users can login. I want to avoid creating a self-deleting task, so i thought using the "HLKM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce" Key might fit my needs. Unfortunately registry values created under this key...
  6. Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old Technet ISOs - Keys becoming not valid ?????: Hi there I tried re-installing Windows 8.1 Enterprise that I downloaded from TechNet during my subscription --it's the VL multiple activation one. The Keys don't activate it any more -- I've only activated it about 3 times and it IS a VL one with Multiple activations...
  7. Old Technet keys still valid for W10 installs -you can still get keys

Old Technet keys still valid for W10 installs -you can still get keys: Hi folks If anybody was a member of the old TechNet system and have keys from those days -- W7 / W8 /W8.1 keys are still valid to be used for W10 installs. If you haven't got your keys or lost them you can still logon (use your Microsoft ID) and get your keys -- export...
  8. Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL

Technet /Msdn Subscribers - Get keys into EXCEL: Hi there For those of you who have MSDN or the last few days of TechNet and you want to keep your Keys for your downloads in a nice easy file do the following. 1) on the subscriber Product keys page chose EXPORT to XML 2) Save as an XML file 3) Now open with EXCEL...
  9. Free upgrade still working (old technet Keys)

Free upgrade still working (old technet Keys): Hi there I created some Windows images on different machines this morning (30 Jul 10:56 local time) -- still activating W10 --using old keys from my Technet subcription. If you've got some keys left and some machines grab the Free upgrade while it's still working...
  10. Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Free W10 Update -- Technet subscribers - can still get keys: Hi there If you still need to create some Free W10 updates before expiry (Jul 29) and you were an old technet subscriber - you can still log on and get ALL your keys. The easy way is to save to XML (there's export to XML at the top right hand corner after you've logged in)...