Windows 10: Previous version history file

Discus and support Previous version history file in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I am new to the forum and currently encountering a problem restoring files from the shadow volume. I do not see any version history when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by anandmuthu, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Previous version history file

Hello,

I am new to the forum and currently encountering a problem restoring files from the shadow volume. I do not see any version history when I click the previous version history tab. Using a third party tool like shadowexplorer I am able to see the previous versions. Exporting the files out from the shadow volume also is incomplete with file errors. Any way for me to restore fully some files from the shadow copies ?

Thanks.
    Anand

:)

anandmuthu, Nov 27, 2015

2. File History

Hi,

I couldn't find this anywhere on other threads, so I wanted to ask it here.

When you configure File History and want to restore previous versions of documents, will it only have previous versions starting from the point where File History was enabled, or can you recover previous versions of documents before File History was enabled?
    That is, can you recover previous versions of documents from any time?

Thanks

CollegeStudent17, Nov 27, 2015
  3. how to recover deleted file in folder lock

previous versions come from file history or from restore points

type in folder version:

there are no previous version available

Rishirathour, Nov 27, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Previous version history file

Hi, is your VSS service running? (Although some say it does not need to be set to automatic, I note mine is).

If you search e.g. this forum for VSS or Volume Shadow Copy Service you will note a range of issues reported, from recovery disk creation to using Acronis TI (which apparently relies on it).

Sorry I can't give a specific answer.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Yes. checked all the settings and services and followed through with all the threads tied to VSS in the forum. Unfortunately, all didnt work. Using various recovery third party tools suggested has failed as well. Seems Windows 10 saves the shadow copies in a different formats and any exports of it turns the file to be corrupted.

anandmuthu, Nov 28, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Previous version history file

1. Previous version history file - Similar Threads - Previous version history

2. How do I enable file history, or previous versions for the files on my secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable file history, or previous versions for the files on my secondary hard drive?: I keep all my files on a secondary internal hard drive. How do I enable file history, or previous versions for the files on my secondary hard drive?...
  3. How do I enable file history, or previous versions for the files on my secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I enable file history, or previous versions for the files on my secondary hard drive?: I keep all my files on a secondary internal hard drive. How do I enable file history, or previous versions for the files on my secondary hard drive?...
  4. File History - Multiple Previous Versions; Where are they kept

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History - Multiple Previous Versions; Where are they kept: I am in process of setting up a new computer and was researching if I can bring all the previous file history versions over to the new PC seems this answer is YES. But as I was poking around in the old PC, I cam across some strange things. First, I am using Windows 10...
  5. Restoring previous versions of a TIFF file

Restoring previous versions of a TIFF file: Hello, Not sure if I should be asking about it here, sorry. I was working on my TIFF file in Photoshop CS5.1, when my computer shut down completely. It turned back on and I checked on the file, but it now says it's unable to be opened, not by Windows, nor by Photoshop or...
  6. Previous backup not appearing in File History

Previous backup not appearing in File History: My PC laptop is having a keyboard issue, and it was recommended that I back up my files and reset my computer + clear files to see if the issue resolved itself. After resetting my computer, I am trying to restore my files to the backup I made on an external hard drive using...
  7. Get File History to recognize previous backup

Get File History to recognize previous backup: I had my files stored in File History on a network drive. I have verified that they're all there. But when I go to restore them, File History can't seem to find them. They're in a folder name/computer name/Data/C/Users/username/everything... However, when I go to File...
  8. Viewing previous versions of a file (using File History?)

Viewing previous versions of a file (using File History?): When I try to view previous versions of a file, I see a message "No previous versions available" I live in China - not sure if that has any effect and have a licensed version of Windows 10, bought from Microsoft Store (China). I have File History enabled, but have never...
  9. file history (previous versions (of files)) shows the earliest previous version is 1 month...

file history (previous versions (of files)) shows the earliest previous version is 1 month...: I just wanted to use previous versions because I'm missing some edits. Looking into "previous versions" for the matching file I can see the earliest bacup being 12/21/2018 (today is 1/7/2019). "Backup options" shows me that backup is set for "every hour". backup folders...
  10. Previous versions of files in restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Previous versions of files in restore point: Searched, didn't see this one. One of the most useful features of Win 7 was when you could pull a previous version of a file out of the restore point. But now when I go to configure a system restore it isn't listed as an option as it was in 7. However, in a context menu...