Windows 10: Primary monitor connected to motherboard but want games on secondary

Discus and support Primary monitor connected to motherboard but want games on secondary in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have two monitors. Due to limitations on the ports my monitors have, my primary monitor is plugged into my motherboard and uses my CPU's integrated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by THX1138, Sep 22, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Primary monitor connected to motherboard but want games on secondary

I have two monitors. Due to limitations on the ports my monitors have, my primary monitor is plugged into my motherboard and uses my CPU's integrated graphics. My secondary (smaller) monitor is plugged into my dedicated graphics card. If I start a computer game, it comes up on my primary monitor but this is not ideal because the graphics would be inferior. How can I make it so that the game is on my secondary monitor which is connected to my dedicated graphics card?

:)

THX1138, Sep 22, 2017
  2. udayk8139 Win User

Issues connetcing to second monitor

Original Title: Not able to run dual monitors on windows 10.

Hi,

This is my first post. I am trying to plug-in two monitors to one CPU.

I have 2 video cards, the primary : Built-in motherboard video card, the secondary is : NVIDIA GTForce 610

I have my primary monitor connected to NVIDIA GTForce 610, I already installed my graphics drivers.

I have connected the secondary monitor to the motherboard port.

Now, when I go to [Right Click > Display Settings > Detect] // Results in "Didn't detect another display"

I am aware of the fact that a motherboard video card will automatically get disabled if it detects another video card.

Please help me with this issue.

udayk8139, Sep 22, 2017
  3. Maxzimize Button Missing in Microsoft Games in Version 1511

I recently installed the Windows 10 update to Version 1511. Now the maximize button is no longer in the title bar of Microsoft games such as Sudoku.

I have two monitors & want to be able to move the game to the 2nd monitor, leaving my primary monitor free for other applications. However, the games are stuck maximized & I cannot move them off of the primary monitor.

How can I move them to the secondary monitor.

-- Ray

RNAndrews45, Sep 22, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

I would suggest you try an adaptor of some kind for you monitor to connect to your GPU.

I have two Samsung SyncMaster S20B300 which have a DVI/VGA ports...my new GTX 1060 has 1 DVI port and 1 HDMI port and 3 display ports. So I had to get a DVI to DP adaptor and it works flawlessly. As the GPU doesn't recommend using a VGA adaptor.

Plankton, Sep 22, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    What you have to do is to change system (in GPU driver) to use it instead of IGPU. That's common thing with dual graphics in laptops for instance.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Primary monitor connected to motherboard but want games on secondary - Similar Threads - Primary monitor connected

2. DNS Primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Primary and secondary: Hi. I'm using a same dns name local as a public one. Yes i know i could change it to something else but i don't wont that.But my problem is that when i set my device's to use a secondary dns server to a use a a public dns server like 8.8.8.8 When trying to surf to my internal...
  3. DNS Primary and secondary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS Primary and secondary: Hi. I'm using a same dns name local as a public one. Yes i know i could change it to something else but i don't wont that.But my problem is that when i set my device's to use a secondary dns server to a use a a public dns server like 8.8.8.8 When trying to surf to my internal...
  4. Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?: I want to have my secondary monitor have my taskbar and all my shortcuts and my primary monitor be solely for display. Is there a way to only have the taskbar visible on a secondary monitor without setting that monitor as my primary monitor. I've tried setting the other...
  5. Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?

Can you put the taskbar on a secondary monitor and not on the primary monitor?: I want to have my secondary monitor have my taskbar and all my shortcuts and my primary monitor be solely for display. Is there a way to only have the taskbar visible on a secondary monitor without setting that monitor as my primary monitor. I've tried setting the other...
  6. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  7. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  8. My primary display is monitor 2 in Windows and my secondary monitor is 1. I want to have it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My primary display is monitor 2 in Windows and my secondary monitor is 1. I want to have it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GamePerson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsqvok/my_primary_display_is_monitor_2_in_windows_and_my/
  9. Desktop moved from primary to secondary monitor (by a ghost??)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop moved from primary to secondary monitor (by a ghost??): I have a Gigabyte P27 laptop with a Dell U2913WM monitor attached via VGA connector and a Samsung TV connected via HDMI. I use extended desktop and the Dell is set as Main Display. The built in monitor is disabled. The configuration is, from left to right, Dell (3), TV (2),...
  10. 1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1 monitor primary display and 4 monitor secondary display: Our church wants to setup a display composed of four 20" square monitor. This will be our secondary display. Computer specs at the moment: CPU: Intel i3-3210 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 210 RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz MB: ASUS P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64...