Windows 10: Print Date in txt Output

Discus and support Print Date in txt Output in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a batch file that outputs a text file for results of ipconfig. How can I add a date to the top of the printed page? ipconfig /all >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eastwezt, Apr 17, 2018.

1. eastwezt Win User

Print Date in txt Output

I have a batch file that outputs a text file for results of ipconfig. How can I add a date to the top of the printed page?

ipconfig /all > c:\users\[username]\ip_config.txt

:)

eastwezt, Apr 17, 2018
  2. lpalta Win User

HP Envy 7640 will not always print in Windows 10. Sometimes it will; sometimes not. Pleases help. Thanks.

I had the same problem twice with my new HP 7640 envy. Had to power off and on to fix. Now I get message when printing instructions for a project that there was an error and can't print. But it prints one single page out in txt and and output goes to 8
    pages. Twice already. Using much paper.

lpalta, Apr 17, 2018
  3. JC_1966 Win User
    WIN10 Generic Text Printing - how to generate a *.txt (as previous Windows versions)

I have a Legacy application I cannot modify that is based internally on text. I need to print it to text file. Prior to WIN10 I could install a Generic Text only printer and generate a *.txt file that I need. With WIN10 the Generic Text printer only gives
    me option of *.prn which is of no use.

I am trying to generate a *.txt I am not trying to print anything.

Best workaround so far is to print to PDF then copy that as text. However that messes up the formatting so I have to waste time correcting that to get the text output I need.

One other workaround tried was to try print to OneNote, but that gives an image, not text.

I've re-installed the driver a few times but same effect.

JC_1966, Apr 17, 2018
  4. Print Date in txt Output

Use this:
    Code: DATE /T[/quote] If you need time also use this:
    Code: TIME /T[/quote]
    Or use this:
    Code: ECHO %DATE%[/quote] Or:
    Code: ECHO %TIME%[/quote]
    Or:
    Code: ECHO %DATE% %TIME%[/quote]

Print Date in txt Output [​IMG]

Your full code could look like something like this:
    Code: @ECHO OFF ECHO %DATE% %TIME% > %USERPROFILE%\ip_config.txt IPCONFIG /ALL >> %USERPROFILE%\ip_config.txt[/quote]

slicendice, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

Print Date in txt Output

1. Print Date in txt Output - Similar Threads - Print Date txt

2. "Save print output as" message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Save print output as" message: Hi, i received a word document via gmail. Once edited, when trying to print I get the normal window showing the correct printer, status ready. When i click print, I get the "Save print output as" box. what is the issue and how to resolve it please!...
  3. "Save Print Output As"

"Save Print Output As": Trying to print document and "Save Print Output As" keeps coming up in window. I have been able to print previously last week and cannot now. How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-print-output-as/99e2b2aa-556b-4eb9-9441-37f707692b4b
  4. PROBLEM PRINTING OUTPUT

PROBLEM PRINTING OUTPUT: HI, Since Pandemic i have not use my personal computer and Epson 3110 printer. It has been 4 month i did not use it. Now i have tried to print a document, the printing output is not good. colors are not printing. I have tried Test printing many times, still no good output....
  5. Tracking microdots on printed output

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tracking microdots on printed output: I know that color laser printers leave yellow microdots on printed output that contain the serial number of the printer as well as the date and time the document was printed. These nearly invisible microdots were decoded on NSA-owned documents that government contractor...
  6. printing date

in Windows 10 Customization
    printing date: I'm using the same computer w-7 to now W-10. Since I started using W-10 on this same computer; I cannot print the dates on my documents. I knew how to fix that problem in W-7, but where it is in W-10....
  7. "save print output"

"save print output": How do I skip the "save print output" step when trying to print an already saved document or anything for that matter? HP Office Pro 6978 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-print-output/7f7fbd36-1dcd-4b00-b984-aed477879a1f
  8. print/save as .txt explorer search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    print/save as .txt explorer search results: Good Day all I'm hoping there is a way to save what explorer finds into a text file or even excel. i have a bunch of music scaterd on a few drives and would like to know what is where and sort out dupes all help is greatly appreciated I was able to do it with tree...
  9. driverquery output dates messed up

driverquery output dates messed up: Not sure when this happened but I believe it was before the Creators Update. The link dates for drivers shown by the driverquery command are no longer correct or useful. For instance, here are the first few lines of output from my 15063.540 Win 10 Pro X64 system. Code:...
  10. .txt print preview & line numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    .txt print preview & line numbers: I volunteer at our senior center and will help someone on their computer when I can. I like to create a .txt document on their desktop for notes & information on their computer. Is there a way to do a print preview on a .txt document? Also is their a way to number each...