Windows 10: Print desktop properties

Discus and support Print desktop properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why....because I plan to buy another computer and I will want to use the same sites I have icons for. Perhaps there is a way to "transfer" or copy the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bree, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

Print desktop properties

Well, that's a simpler question. Yes, any icon you have put on the desktop as a URL shortcut to a site can just be copied (say, to a usb stick) then copied from that to the new desktop.

Berton has also suggested you export the bookmarks from your browser(s), which is not what you asked about but is also a very good suggestion.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Shiron Win User

Is there a way to print the desktop icons properties?
    Thanks
    Ron

:)

Shiron, Apr 10, 2018
  3. jaujaujau Win User
    Printer won't communicate.

I removed the printer and then put it back it in. Set up a test print, it went through, on the properties page it saw the printer, but...could not communicate.

I can however print with this printer from my dell laptop (not ipad). I also can copy and print on the printer as a printer, not connected to the desktop.

The problem is in my desktop.

Trouble shooter didn't help.

What next.

Thanks.

jaujaujau, Apr 10, 2018
  4. PamH812 Win User

Print desktop properties

print from laptop error

unable to print from laptop, get error code "Function address 0xe003xxxx caused a protection fault. The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly. I am able to print from my desktop recently installed.

PamH812, Apr 10, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    rude'n'crude method: with the Properties window open, use Snipping Tool to capture that window. Once you've got it in the window, you can use File → Print to push it out to your printer. Here's an illustration:

Print desktop properties [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 12, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    Or if using the PrntScrn key open a program that can handle graphics and Paste into it, save as a document then right-click that file and choose Properties. PrntScrn copies the screen contents to the Windows Clipboard for use in programs, can hold only one item at a time, next press of the key or using right-click and Copy or Ctrl + C [for Copy] overwrites what is in the clipboard.

Berton, Apr 12, 2018
  7. Shiron Win User
    Thanks for the info.....but I want to print ALL the desktop properties not just one
    Ron

Shiron, Apr 13, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Print desktop properties

ALL is a rather open-ended question. Do you want for each icon a list of all the users and groups that have access to it and what their ntfs permissions are? Do you want to know all the 8dot3 short filenames? Those are 'properties' of the icons, but perhaps not what you are interested in.

Perhaps it would help if you explained what properties you want to know and why?

9. EdTittel Win User
    Print one screen for each tab in the properties. I can't find any info about programmatic access to this info. Does anybody else know how to do what the OP is asking for?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 13, 2018
  10. bro67 Win User
    Desktop properties as in why? What are you wishing to achieve, since you are talking about the GUI, Display, System, etc.. If you want to know what is about the system, there are ways to show the hardware and installed programs.

bro67, Apr 13, 2018
  11. Shiron Win User
    Why....because I plan to buy another computer and I will want to use the same sites I have icons for.
    Perhaps there is a way to "transfer" or copy the URLs to a new computer ???
    Anyway I certainly appreciate all the help.
    Again, thanks
    Ron

Shiron, Apr 13, 2018
  12. Berton Win User
    Most Internet Browsers have a process for Exporting Favorites/Bookmarks and also the separate Favorites/Bookmarks Toolbar, check the one/s you use in Tools, Preferences or Options. Also open File Explorer and go the C:\Users Folder, open your logon name, Copy the Folders such as Documents, Pictures, Favorites, Desktop, Videos, Music, etc., to an External USB Hard Drive or large-enough Thumb drive to Save and then Copy/transfer to the new computer. It would be nice to Copy the whole YOUR NAME Folder but there's some files in it that can't be copied, they are system/boot files in use by Windows.

Berton, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

Print desktop properties

1. Print desktop properties - Similar Threads - Print desktop properties

2. Getting to Print server properties from cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting to Print server properties from cmd: Let's assume I can't get into the printer settings because the page keeps crashing. And I wanted to go into the Print Server properties box, is there another way to get to it like from a cmd prompt or something? This is on a Windows 10 Home system....
  3. Getting to Print server properties from cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting to Print server properties from cmd: Let's assume I can't get into the printer settings because the page keeps crashing. And I wanted to go into the Print Server properties box, is there another way to get to it like from a cmd prompt or something? This is on a Windows 10 Home system....
  4. Getting to Print server properties from cmd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printing file properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing file properties: Is there a straightforward way of printing File Properties? I believe this can be done in Word through a File>Options setting, but I am presently interested in files other than Office, chiefly, but not exclusively, photos....
  6. property page not printing colors

property page not printing colors: Excel prints cell colors as shades of gray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/property-page-not-printing-colors/c88e39ac-537e-4ac4-9709-3aec2958ee74
  7. Remote Desktop Printing

Remote Desktop Printing: Several years ago I lost the ability to print from my office server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 to my local printer connected thru WiFi to my Windows 7 PC. Local IT guys were no help. Recently updated to Windows 10 on a new PC and I gave the local ITY guys...
  8. Desktop Shortcut for Wi-Fi Properties

Desktop Shortcut for Wi-Fi Properties: Windows 10 Pro 1903, OS Build: 18362.449 (shortly: .476) - Howdy Folks, I'm looking for the procedure to create a desktop shortcut for "Wi-Fi Properties" (attached). Thanks in advance to all who read this post and all who reply! *Cool 144580
  9. Print Properties Scaling Issue

Print Properties Scaling Issue: Hi Everyone, I began experiencing this issue recently when trying to change print properties for our office Konica Bizhub. I reached out to Konica, who said they wouldn't help because it's related to the OS. I reached out to Microsoft, who said this was a Konica issue....
  10. Print Properties cut off Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Properties cut off Windows 10: We are using Windows 10 with a custom DPI Scaling of 125%. When printing, the print dialog box information (dropdowns and text) are all cut off. This occures and several different drivers (Konica Minolta, HP, Canon) This image is a good sample of what is occuring:...