Windows 10: print screen key producing black images

Discus and support print screen key producing black images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have until the last few days used the print screen + fn key to capture screen shots v easily - now all I get is black images- any ideas how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GillianFachiri, Aug 13, 2018.

1. print screen key producing black images

I have until the last few days used the print screen + fn key to capture screen shots v easily - now all I get is black images- any ideas how to correct this ??

Not aware of any software updates /changes tomy pc

thanks

:)

GillianFachiri, Aug 13, 2018

2. print screen producing black image

I have just had a Windows update and now all print screen images come out black. This applies to print screen from any source, and into any application (Paint, Word etc.). This is the second computer on which this has happened. I tried to avoid the update
    on this second computer to retain the print screen facility, but I had no choice. THIS NEEDS FIXING!

PAUL DEWISON, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    print screen producing black image

Hi Edward,

One of the reasons why the image that you're pasting into Paint is colored black is that you're trying to use the Print Screen function on a video game. For us to elaborate the issue further, kindly verify if you're trying to print screen video games.

For initial troubleshooting, we recommend that you update the graphics driver of your PC. Here's an article that you can visit to see how to do it:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Aug 13, 2018
  4. print screen key producing black images

print screen producing black image

On 11th Feb ruary 2018 I was able to get an image using print screen. On 12th Feb the result is now a black image. I have tried alt + prtscrn and window key + prtscrn. I have tried the snipping tool but that greys out the screen when I select the tool to
    select an area. I am using windows 10 on an HP laptop.

Moved from:
    Windows
    /Windows 10 /Desktop, Start, & personalization /General

EdwardHarvey1, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

print screen key producing black images

1. print screen key producing black images - Similar Threads - print screen key

2. "Save As " or "Print Screen" commands produce 2 images.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Save As " or "Print Screen" commands produce 2 images.: If I use "Save As " or "Print Screen" I get 2 images. If I try to delete one both are deleted. How can I fix this?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-or-print-screen-commands-produce-2-images/c1a88d71-d47c-401e-b04f-a646ef387923
  3. "Save As " or "Print Screen" commands produce 2 images.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Save As " or "Print Screen" commands produce 2 images.: If I use "Save As " or "Print Screen" I get 2 images. If I try to delete one both are deleted. How can I fix this?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-or-print-screen-commands-produce-2-images/c1a88d71-d47c-401e-b04f-a646ef387923
  4. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key: I am using Snip & Sketch on Windows 10. I have it set to use the Print Screen key. It works, but it only copies the image to the clipboard. This all works fine. It does not automatically open the image for editing though, as it does if I open the app first. Can I get it to...
  5. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key: I am using Snip & Sketch on Windows 10. I have it set to use the Print Screen key. It works, but it only copies the image to the clipboard. This all works fine. It does not automatically open the image for editing though, as it does if I open the app first. Can I get it to...
  6. Snip & Sketch image not appearing on screen via Print Screen key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Camera produces frosted image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera produces frosted image: My camera turns on but it produces a frosted image like below. I've made sure the latest driver is installed. I have Windows 10 version 20H2. Any ideas? [ATTACH] frosted image...
  8. produce key code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    produce key code: where do I find my product key code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/produce-key-code/d3ff8730-ad31-4919-8ca5-51ef0eea8068
  9. Webcam refusing to produce video images.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam refusing to produce video images.: Have a Logitech C270 webcam purchased some time ago. Not been in use for quite a while but decided to get it working again as we are now isolating at home due to Covid-19 My son has set up a group on Windows Teams and we tried an experimental call yesterday. Audio contact...
  10. Windows key + "d" key shortcut replace desktop image with black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key + "d" key shortcut replace desktop image with black screen: When I use the Windows key + "d" key shortcut, I am returned to the desktop as expected but the background image is replaced with a black background. The desktop icons are still present and seem to be unaffected by this. Resetting the background desktop image in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print screen black image

2. PrtScn button produces black image

3. print screen black screen