Windows 10: Print Server

Discus and support Print Server in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Howdy folks, I have an Elite Silicon 4-port USB server that I used to have connected to my router when using W7. Since upgrading to W10 (x64 Pro) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveGPhoto, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Print Server

Howdy folks,

I have an Elite Silicon 4-port USB server that I used to have connected to my router when using W7. Since upgrading to W10 (x64 Pro) I haven't needed to use it but SWMBO is whining about having to turn my PC on to use the Epson sat in my office so I thought I'd connect it up again.

Firstly, W10 doesn't see the device at all - no beeps when I connect it and can't see it when doing a scan for devices - and secondly the drivers won't install from the CD. They are the latest drivers but several years old so I guess maybe not compatable with W10?

If anyone has a suggestion to get this deice working I'd be happy to hear about it. Alternatively, does anyone have a print server running under W10 that they can recommend?

TAI *Smile

:)

SteveGPhoto, Mar 11, 2016

2. windows 10 print driver doesn't exist...options

I have a panasonic KX-P7100 laser printer set up on a windows XP print server on my network. My local laptop is a windows 10 laptop. A driver for windows 10 for this printer doesn't and will not exist any time soon.

It seems to me that to print on a remote print server, that it should be some mode whereby when I print a file it copies the file to the server and uses the server driver to print the file. Why does it require that a windows 10 driver exists for it?

Does a method exist to print the way I'm saying other than copying files to the server, logging in and doing the print directly from there.????

Thanks in advance

-D

webmasterpdx, Mar 11, 2016
  3. limitation on microsoft Edge and microsoft Photos

I have Konica Minolta printer drivers setup on windows server 2012 r2 and shared .The driver is setup to give a popup when printing to allow user to input a printing code (account track).The users print from windows 10 via print server. All apps work fine
    and displays a popup for printing code except Microsoft Edge an Microsoft Photo's. No popup appears but the print job goes to server and jams the print queue. i have replicated this on other windows server 2012 and the same issue occurs. I have tried different
    drivers with no success .I have tried it via windows server 2008 and its works fine. I print directly to printer without going via server it works fine.

Please can I have some advise.

kubengengayan, Mar 11, 2016
Thema:

Print Server

1. Print Server - Similar Threads - Print Server

2. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system: The print server is Windows 2016, additionally we have Papercut MFP installed on it for accounting etc.Some Windows 10 computers are adding the print queue to the machine instead of the user. This is evidenced by the fact any local users logging onto the computer are...
  3. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system: The print server is Windows 2016, additionally we have Papercut MFP installed on it for accounting etc.Some Windows 10 computers are adding the print queue to the machine instead of the user. This is evidenced by the fact any local users logging onto the computer are...
  4. Issues printing caused by Windows 10 adding print server queues to the system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. why does my 2019 print server lose functionality when i move it from the Computers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my 2019 print server lose functionality when i move it from the Computers...: Originally we had a 2008 print server. Another member on the network team created a 2019 server and made it a print server. He then populated the server with all the printer objects that the 2008 print server had - not sure what process he used.When he spun up the 2019 server...
  6. why does my 2019 print server lose functionality when i move it from the Computers...

why does my 2019 print server lose functionality when i move it from the Computers...: Originally we had a 2008 print server. Another member on the network team created a 2019 server and made it a print server. He then populated the server with all the printer objects that the 2008 print server had - not sure what process he used.When he spun up the 2019 server...
  7. Error when adding a printer from a print server hosted in Azure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when adding a printer from a print server hosted in Azure.: This is the scenario. Computer is natively joined to Azure.There is no AD domain.Classic Windows print server Server 2022 is hosted in Azure VM, as a Workgroup computer, since there is no domain.Not using Universal Print in this instance as UP does not support wide format...
  8. Error when adding a printer from a print server hosted in Azure.

Error when adding a printer from a print server hosted in Azure.: This is the scenario. Computer is natively joined to Azure.There is no AD domain.Classic Windows print server Server 2022 is hosted in Azure VM, as a Workgroup computer, since there is no domain.Not using Universal Print in this instance as UP does not support wide format...
  9. Secure Print Job cannot be cancelled from printer server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Print Job cannot be cancelled from printer server: Hi ,I was trying to cancel a stuck secure print job from printer server but I couldn't do it.I can print if I install this network printer directly in my PC but not if I am using printer server.Message:Job Type: Secure Print cannot be selected with the following...
  10. Secure Print Job cannot be cancelled from printer server

Secure Print Job cannot be cancelled from printer server: Hi ,I was trying to cancel a stuck secure print job from printer server but I couldn't do it.I can print if I install this network printer directly in my PC but not if I am using printer server.Message:Job Type: Secure Print cannot be selected with the following...