Windows 10: Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?

Discus and support Print Spooler Issue or Something Else? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have what may be a print spooler or print queue problem. I have two network printers connected, a HP Lazerjet pro 400 (M401dne) and a HP Officejet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cjb4, Sep 11, 2017.

1. cjb4 Win User

Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?

I have what may be a print spooler or print queue problem. I have two network printers connected, a HP Lazerjet pro 400 (M401dne) and a HP Officejet Pro 8610. I am unable to print on the 8610 by sending documents to the printer. I can print an internal (?) test page using print and scan doctor but not directly.
    I can communicate with the printer, scan documents and save directly on my PC. I can print to the M401 without any problem.
    I have 4 other PC on the same network and have no problem printing to the 8610
    I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it twice but it will not print. I have used both HP Print and Scan Doctor and Windows printer utility.
    I can open the print queue and see documents arrive as I send them to print but they disappear in a few seconds from the queue, but do not print.
    The print spooler is running. I've started it and stopped it twice and it is set to auto.
    This becoming very frustrating, any ideas?
    thanks,

:)

2. PRINTER CONSTANTLY goes OFFLINE on Windows 10 computer.

I have this same issue all of the time. It has nearly rendered my printer worthless. Usually takes 10-15 minutes to accidentally get something to print.

HOWEVER, the recommendation to go to the Print Spooler kindof worked a couple of times. In "Services" (click in the cortana search box and type "Services"), find the Print Spooler and either Start it or Restart it. This worked for me. It seems like a
    consistent problem nonetheless. I don't want to go to the Print Spooler every time I need to print something.

johnabianchi, Sep 11, 2017
  3. PRINTER CONSTANTLY goes OFFLINE on Windows 10 computer.

This too sometimes works for me. I also restart the service RpcLocator and that sometimes does it too.

CalleySmith, Sep 11, 2017
  4. Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?

Does the printer in question have a static IP address? If not, I would assign a static ip address to the printer, reconfigure the port on the computer in question. Try printing again.

play2mefish, Sep 12, 2017
  5. cjb4 Win User
    It does have a static IP address. I also have tried assigning a different port.
    No luck

6. cjb4 Win User
    Could it be a registry issue? In the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Printer only the M401dne printer shows up. I only see the 8610 under ...software> HP. Any idea how to add it?

cjb4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Print Spooler Issue or Something Else?

1. Print Spooler Issue or Something Else? - Similar Threads - Print Spooler Issue

2. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  3. Print Spooler issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler issue: Hello Since currently the printer spooler issue went worse, sometime it even doesn't print after I stop and start the service There are numbers of PrintDemon CVE-2020-1048, PrintNightmareCVE-2021-34527 so on, how can I address which one the one my system Can these...
  4. Print Spooler issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler issue: Hello Since currently the printer spooler issue went worse, sometime it even doesn't print after I stop and start the service There are numbers of PrintDemon CVE-2020-1048, PrintNightmareCVE-2021-34527 so on, how can I address which one the one my system Can these...
  5. print spooler issue

print spooler issue: Hi, We have Been Facing print spooler issue for the past 6month. we are using zebra and Sato printers. using driver Zebra zebradesigner-v250-9420.While running continuously spooler stops automatically and then we are manually restarting the services . Then the issue is fixed...
  6. Print Spooler Issues - KB5003637/KB5004476

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print Spooler Issues - KB5003637/KB5004476: I am seeing print spooler issues for 20H2/21H1 with the June updates. The Spooler has been crashing on a bunch of computers. Restarting will sometimes bring it back online, or just restarting the service. Uninstalling the updates seems to be immediately fix it. This has come...
  7. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  8. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  9. Print Spooler issue

Print Spooler issue: Good evening, I recently encountered an issue regarding print spooler. When I tried to print from excel, it states that I could not print due to printer spool is not running. After which, I manually started the print spooler by going into services and enable the print...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...