Windows 10: Print Spooler Service Stopping

Discus and support Print Spooler Service Stopping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What can I do to keep the print spooler service from stopping all the time ? I have to restart it almost daily. Thanks in advance for assistance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pappo46, Nov 16, 2016.

1. pappo46 Win User

Print Spooler Service Stopping

What can I do to keep the print spooler service from stopping all the time ?
    I have to restart it almost daily.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

:)

pappo46, Nov 16, 2016
  2. TomLCross Win User

print spooler is not running".

I have this same problem on two different computers. The "print spooler" service will start back up but is stops running every time you try to print, install a new printer or remove a printer. The problem is not that the print spooler is not running
    the problem is the print spooler service keeps stopping.

TomLCross, Nov 16, 2016
  3. print spooler missing

windows 10 print spooler missing from services.........re installed windows 10 twice now and still cant install a printer because there is no print spooler in services. It is not stopped it is MISSING.

PaulHarling, Nov 16, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Not much until you post information on the model and mfg. of the printer, along with how it is connected.

bro67, Nov 16, 2016
  5. pappo46 Win User
    I don't know what "ghr" information is, but my printer is a HP Photosmart C4680 directly connected to my Alienware M17 laptop, via a USB cable.

pappo46, Nov 16, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Drugged up on Pain Med's, exhausted from barely any sleep for four days and trying to type on a iPhnone. The USB driver and queue can end up stalling. Have you checked the print queue to see if there are jobs stalled or in the Print Spooler folder? Also grab the Process Explorer by Sysinternals from Microsoft.com. It will allow you to see the Sub Process, especially under the System process. See the following:

Clear Printer Spooler Files

• Click Start, type Services.msc in Search box or Click WIN+Q, type “Services.msc” in the open box.
    • Services can be found under Computer Management on older operation system (Windows XP)
    • Double-click Printer Spooler in the list.
    • Click Stop and click OK.
    • Open C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.

I cannot find the tutorial, this is a more extensive way to check Print spooler stopping automatically on Windows 10, Windows 8 and 8.1 windowstricks.in

bro67, Nov 16, 2016
  7. pappo46 Win User
    I followed the steps you listed. When I opened C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, it was empty.

pappo46, Nov 19, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Then it is time to get a new printer. We bought a Brother HL-2280dw laser, because we only printed in Black and White. I got tired of replacing ink cartridges every 3 or 4 months, because they always dried out before we would print something again. That printer is End of Life, and there are some great deals on Lasers, which are pushing the Ink jets out of the market.

bro67, Nov 19, 2016
  9. pappo46 Win User
    What does the printer have to do with the print spooler service shutting down?

pappo46, Nov 19, 2016
  10. bro67 Win User
    No longer supported, drivers are not 100% compatible with Windows 10. HP has changed certain items to cause Windows 10 to run the drivers in a compatibility mode that is causing the Spooler to hang.

It also has the biggest issue of not allowing you to send print jobs to it through the Wireless network if you want to sit on the couch or at the Kitchen table, without having to drag the printer with you or stay chained to the printer where it sets.

For the price of Ink compared to toner, it was a win, win situation for me when I went from a Inkjet to a Laser. I was probably replacing our DeskJet All-In-One units about every three years, because the price of ink for them would cost as much or half of the cost of the unit. The last one was Wireless, but not fully compatible with Linux, which I ran on my laptop, along with the fact that the cartridges dried out after sitting idle for two months. We use the laser more for Internet faxing, scanning and also printing than we ever did with the Inkjets.

bro67, Nov 20, 2016
  11. pappo46 Win User
    That makes sense. I guess it's time to go printer shopping.
    I like the idea of the Brother HL-2280dw, but I need color because I am a grandparent who takes WAY too many pics of his grandkids... LOL

Thanks for all your feedback and information.

pappo46, Nov 21, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Print Spooler Service Stopping - Similar Threads - Print Spooler Service

2. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...: How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting automatically"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-print-spooler-service-is-not-working/933b0e5f-db69-4f28-a67e-093286458ca0
  6. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...: How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting automatically"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-print-spooler-service-is-not-working/933b0e5f-db69-4f28-a67e-093286458ca0
  7. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

8. printer spooler service stops

printer spooler service stops: Why does printer spooler service stop when installing printer drivers? This causes driver install to fail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler-service-stops/f16d0199-94b7-4da4-9a35-58dde3553eb7
  9. Print Spooler Service is Not Running

Print Spooler Service is Not Running: My computer stopped being able to print suddenly, and I am getting the Print Spooler Service is Not Running error. I have an HP ENVY 4250 that I attempted to remove (and it's drivers) including a multitude of locations based on recommendations here. However it is still...
  10. "Print Spooler service isn't running"

"Print Spooler service isn't running": For some reason, my printer doesn't show up in applications such as Microsoft Word or Libre Office, although I'm sure that it's connected properly to the computer because it still lets me scan documents. When I troubleshoot the printer, I get this error message: "The Print...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pwspooler cannot open printer