Windows 10: Print Spooler

Discus and support Print Spooler in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sagrant, Aug 12, 2015.

1. sagrant Win User

Print Spooler

My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a solution.
    One solution seemed to be to delete the printers and then Add. Problem is they won't delete - just get a notation "No driver available". If you try to Add a printer you get "Windows cannot Add a Printer because the Print Spooler is turned off - Restart it.
    If you go to Services/Print Spooler/Properties you find that the Spooler is indeed stopped. There is a Start button and a space for Start Parameters. I don't know what any parameters would be but if you press Start without any, you get an error Message 0x70080057 "Wrong Parameters".
    A search in Google for this error produces a flood of items. It seems too be a very common error ! I didn't find anything helpful.
    Does anyone know how to restart Print Spooler ?
    Stuart

:)

sagrant, Aug 12, 2015

2. How to turn on print spooler in windows 10.

Original Title- turn on print spooler

turn on print spooler

GeorgeLindsaay, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Cybot Win User
    print spooler keeps crashing unable to uninstall or install printer - windows 10 pro 16299.125

i ran the print troubleshooter again, but because spooler service had crashed so many times, it was able to do more analysis. it suggested an option that isolated the print drivers from the spooler service to increase spooler staility. I have no idea what
    any of that means. maybe you could clue me in?

L: Problem with printer

Problem with printer
    There might be problems with HP Officejet 100 Mobile L411 BT. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot.

Detected

L: The Print Spooler service is experiencing problems

The Print Spooler service is experiencing problems
    Errors in the Print Spooler service might interrupt printing.

Fixed

Update printer policies

Completed

Cybot, Aug 12, 2015
  4. zetagabri Win User

Print Spooler

Have you solved tthe problem?
    Thanks

zetagabri, Jan 20, 2016
  5. boconnel Win User
    I have had this situation and it seems to come and go. The temporary solution is to open a command prompt as administrator and type in:

Net Start "Print Spooler"

If the spooler is running and you want to bounce it type:

Net stop "Print Spooler"
    Net start "Print Spooler"

​I haven't yet come across a permanent fix.

boconnel, Mar 4, 2016
  6. sagrant Win User
    Thanks for your answer. The problem seems to have solved itself in the meantime but may recur, so I am pleased to have your advice.
    Stuart

sagrant, Mar 4, 2016
  7. boconnel Win User
    Glad to help.

boconnel, Mar 4, 2016
  8. zetagabri Win User

Print Spooler

Unfortunely my problem persist...

zetagabri, Mar 4, 2016
  9. zetagabri Win User
    Anyone have solved the problem?
    Thanks.

zetagabri, May 8, 2016
  10. sagrant Win User
    No. I gave up and went back to Windows 7.

sagrant, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Print Spooler

1. Print Spooler - Similar Threads - Print Spooler

2. zf_port_monitor.log in my system drive relate to print spooler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zf_port_monitor.log in my system drive relate to print spooler: Hello everyone, I am having an issue with the print spooler keeps writing in a file in my c drive called zf_port_monitor, and now it's taking up a lot of space. Once I start the print spooler it comes up again. Does anyone know what is going on? Many Thanks....
  3. zf_port_monitor.log in my system drive relate to print spooler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zf_port_monitor.log in my system drive relate to print spooler: Hello everyone, I am having an issue with the print spooler keeps writing in a file in my c drive called zf_port_monitor, and now it's taking up a lot of space. Once I start the print spooler it comes up again. Does anyone know what is going on? Many Thanks....
  4. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  5. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  6. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day.: I have been having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day. After being very frustrated with this happening I started checking the Print Spooler status after every program I was running and have noticed that it is stopped after playing Simple Word Search that...
  8. Having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day.

Having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day.: I have been having the problem of my Print Spooler stopping during the day. After being very frustrated with this happening I started checking the Print Spooler status after every program I was running and have noticed that it is stopped after playing Simple Word Search that...
  9. Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing

Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing: 2 3 4 times a day..sometimes more my print spooler crashes. I have to go to serviced and restart. This is a fairly new HP computer and the problem started when I got the new computer. My Dell Windows 11 did not have this problem. I have the same printers on the HP as the...
  10. Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Constant Print Spooler crashing: 2 3 4 times a day..sometimes more my print spooler crashes. I have to go to serviced and restart. This is a fairly new HP computer and the problem started when I got the new computer. My Dell Windows 11 did not have this problem. I have the same printers on the HP as the...