Windows 10: Print to OneNote not seen...

Discus and support Print to OneNote not seen... in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I would like to be able to print to OneNote from various sources but there is no 'Print to OneNote' seen in the list... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rafikiphoto, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Print to OneNote not seen...

I am running Windows 10 64 bit and I would like to be able to print to OneNote from various sources but there is no 'Print to OneNote' seen in the list of printers. Could someone explain how I might set this up please?

:)

rafikiphoto, Jul 29, 2016
  2. JoeyI1023 Win User

Emails are printing through OneNote in Windows 10.

Original Title: email wants to print through OneNote

Somehow I changed my computer setup so that my email goes through onenote to get printed. Everything else seems to print the way it was prior to onenote and my Epson is set as my default printer. How do I get my email (and anything else for that matter)
    out of the onenote process and back to where it was...just going a normal display page for printing and pressing print?

Thanks,

Joey

JoeyI1023, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Maps 4.1601 sharing to Onenote 15.0.4805.1003 silently fails

Maps 4.1601 sharing to Onenote 15.0.4805.1003 silently fails

I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3.

I launch the Maps app, find a noteworthy point I want to note, click the sharing icon, choose OneNote from the list of sharing apps, a panel is priduced on the right side where I can choose where the note will be shared and edit the text of the note, then
    I click Send.

Nothing is ever sent to OneNote. Complete fail.

If I try to use the same sharing feature to Mail, then Mail launches with the map data.

If I try printing the map data, then choose Send to OneNote 2013, then OneNote receives and stores the printout.

OneNote version 15.0.4805.1003

Has anybody else seen and solved this?

CourtJesterPC, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Print to OneNote not seen...

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Thanks. However I am running the Windows 10 OneNote app which doesn't appear to be covered by those solutions.

rafikiphoto, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Hi,
    As far as i can tell

You can only Print to the full desktop version of Onenote
    With the App you use the Share with command (but this only works for other apps)

paulsalter, Jul 30, 2016
  7. Thank you. That is a bit of a blow as I used that sort of thing frequently in Evernote.

8. Print to OneNote not seen...

You could always install the desktop version, as far as i know its free to use still (might have the odd thing you cannot do), but last time i looked it doesnt require a subscription or payment for it

Then you can just use the print to from anything to send it to this, which will also update the app version

You would just be installing the desktop version to get the print to feature, then just ignore the desktop program

EDIT:Just tested it, unfortunately it opens the desktop program when you print to it, so not silent in the background, might be annoying if you want to print a lot to onenote and just use the app version

paulsalter, Jul 30, 2016
  9. I haven't found any link to download a late version of desktop OneNote however I do have access to OneNote 2010 and I installed it but couldn't get it to sync with the app (where all my notebooks imported from Evernote are) It fails to connect to the cloud as it is programmed to connect to Windows Live when, now, it should connect to OneDrive so it fails. I haven't found a way to change the target (OneDrive). If anyone knows how to change the setting it might well solve my problem.

10. Not tried 2010 version so not sure how that works

Here is some info from MS about the 2016 download (I just get an 'Open' option as i have it already installed
    Whats the difference between OneNote and OneNote 2016 - OneNote

It does confirm your initial question though, printing to onenote is only available with the desktop version

paulsalter, Jul 30, 2016
  11. Thanks again. I THINK, with your invaluable support and encouragement, I have got it sorted. I uninstalled my 32 bit MS Office 2010. I installed from your OneNote 2016 64 bit link. I imported into OneNote 2016 without problem my notebooks from the cloud. I reinstalled MS Office 2010 64bit (minus OneNote 2010 just in case) and so far all is working OK including the 'Send to OneNote 2016'. I am very grateful.

rafikiphoto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Print to OneNote not seen...

1. Print to OneNote not seen... - Similar Threads - Print OneNote

2. Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop: Print Spooler is turning itself off automatically, checked all settings, deleted/reinstalled all printer drivers, troubleshooter using Windows Troubleshooter. It won't stop turning itself off, whenever manually turned on, it turns itself off again and will not allow any...
  3. Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop: Print Spooler is turning itself off automatically, checked all settings, deleted/reinstalled all printer drivers, troubleshooter using Windows Troubleshooter. It won't stop turning itself off, whenever manually turned on, it turns itself off again and will not allow any...
  4. Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

Cannot print a pdf to onenote: so 3 days ago it was perfectly fine and I was able to print a pdf document to onenote but yesterday I tried doing it and it doesn't work. This is what shows up. I have tried it on multiple devices but still have the same issue. https://imgur.com/a/eJCtBwVIt also says spooling...
  6. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot print a pdf to onenote: so 3 days ago it was perfectly fine and I was able to print a pdf document to onenote but yesterday I tried doing it and it doesn't work. This is what shows up. I have tried it on multiple devices but still have the same issue. https://imgur.com/a/eJCtBwVIt also says spooling...
  7. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Onenote hijacking the print option

Onenote hijacking the print option: My old PC didn't have the ability to cope with W11 so I bought a new one, which came with 10 with a free upgrade to 11. So far so good. Here's the problem;A seemingly very old problem has prevented me from using the PC for my work - Onenote hijacks the Print option and even...
  9. Onenote hijacking the print option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote hijacking the print option: My old PC didn't have the ability to cope with W11 so I bought a new one, which came with 10 with a free upgrade to 11. So far so good. Here's the problem;A seemingly very old problem has prevented me from using the PC for my work - Onenote hijacks the Print option and even...
  10. Can't print to onenote or printout from the app

Can't print to onenote or printout from the app: The problem started suddenly last week https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-to-onenote-or-printout-from-the-app/df585d41-09c6-4701-a415-0ec1a291ac7e