Windows 10: Print without Dialog Box in IE

Discus and support Print without Dialog Box in IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Below code works for IE (11,10) in Windows 7, but does not work in Windows 10. var PrintCommand = '<OBJECT ID="PrintCommandObject" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vramisetty0917, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Print without Dialog Box in IE

Below code works for IE (11,10) in Windows 7, but does not work in Windows 10.

var PrintCommand = '<OBJECT ID="PrintCommandObject" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 ';
    PrintCommand += 'CLASSID="CLSID:8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2"></OBJECT>';
    document.body.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeEnd', PrintCommand);
    PrintCommandObject.ExecWB(6, 1); PrintCommandObject.outerHTML = "";
    document.body.innerHTML = oldPage;

From below link looks like MS ripped out Active X from Windows 10.

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-...-edge-browser/

Is there any alternative to this?

:)

vramisetty0917, Oct 27, 2016

2. Print without Dialog Box in IE

Hi Rakesh,

To help you with your concern regarding the print without Dialog Box, we would highly suggest you to send us your feedback on this
    link.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Print without Dialog Box in IE

You will reach other developers and are more likely to get help with this at MSDN.

IE Web Development

Msdn forums - Internet Explorer Development

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

Print without Dialog Box in IE

1. Print without Dialog Box in IE - Similar Threads - Print without Dialog

2. Activate Legacy Print Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Legacy Print Dialog Box: I would like to “Print Current Page” although Microsoft no longer has this feature in Windows 11. I have been attempting to use the legacy dialog by updating the registry, but the following pathway cannot be found:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Print\UnifiedPrintDialog...
  3. Activate Legacy Print Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Legacy Print Dialog Box: I would like to “Print Current Page” although Microsoft no longer has this feature in Windows 11. I have been attempting to use the legacy dialog by updating the registry, but the following pathway cannot be found:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Print\UnifiedPrintDialog...
  4. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  5. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  6. Photos Print Dialog Box

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos Print Dialog Box: In the Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, when trying to print a JPG from the app, the dialog box appears and disappears almost within a split second. I have restarted the machine, reset the app, and changed the default printer but nothing seems to...
  7. This pc dialog box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This pc dialog box: My pc dialog box keeps comming up for no reason at all. Any suggestions on how to fix problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-dialog-box/80473ef0-aea3-483e-bf22-d57158641d47
  8. Print Dialog box contents opposite

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Dialog box contents opposite: Recently the print dialog box changed. In the past when i clicked print and the box opened there was a preview on the right side of my screen and on the left was the area where you could change the printer, # of copies, orientation etc. Now it's flopped and the preview...
  9. Incompatible Print Option Dialog box

Incompatible Print Option Dialog box: I am receiving an Incompatible Print Option Dialog box stating I have two conflicts, with no real details provided. I have a new Lexmark printer on TCP-IP Port 192.168.0.1 that could be part of the issue, but can't seem to get that one changed. The dialog Box says the...
  10. Print Dialog

Print Dialog: I have a shared printer and when I print to it, the printer icon does not close, it does on the other printer that I print directly to. I have tried "Refresh" and "Close" and it still stays active. 119508