Windows 10: Print without Dialog Box in IE

Discus and support Print without Dialog Box in IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Below code works for IE (11,10) in Windows 7, but does not work in Windows 10. var PrintCommand = '<OBJECT ID="PrintCommandObject" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vramisetty0917, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Print without Dialog Box in IE

Below code works for IE (11,10) in Windows 7, but does not work in Windows 10.

var PrintCommand = '<OBJECT ID="PrintCommandObject" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0 ';
    PrintCommand += 'CLASSID="CLSID:8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2"></OBJECT>';
    document.body.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeEnd', PrintCommand);
    PrintCommandObject.ExecWB(6, 1); PrintCommandObject.outerHTML = "";
    document.body.innerHTML = oldPage;

From below link looks like MS ripped out Active X from Windows 10.

https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-...-edge-browser/

Is there any alternative to this?

:)

vramisetty0917, Oct 27, 2016

2. Print without Dialog Box in IE

Hi Rakesh,

To help you with your concern regarding the print without Dialog Box, we would highly suggest you to send us your feedback on this
    link.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Print without Dialog Box in IE

You will reach other developers and are more likely to get help with this at MSDN.

IE Web Development

Msdn forums - Internet Explorer Development

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

Print without Dialog Box in IE

1. Print without Dialog Box in IE - Similar Threads - Print without Dialog

2. Dialog box customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog box customization: What file has all the dialog boxes ? Such as file explorer? The icons in the ribbon?John*cry 140382
  3. Incompatible Print Option Dialog box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompatible Print Option Dialog box: I am receiving an Incompatible Print Option Dialog box stating I have two conflicts, with no real details provided. I have a new Lexmark printer on TCP-IP Port 192.168.0.1 that could be part of the issue, but can't seem to get that one changed. The dialog Box says the...
  4. 'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...: @Brink : Is there a way to get Browse For Folders Dialog Boxes to retain, not only their last size, but also, their last position? [img] 132864
  5. Window Dialog box error!

Window Dialog box error!: My new PC got this font error in dialog box as follow. May I know I how to solved this? Thanks. Best Regards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-dialog-box-error/1f3af4c3-2ed2-4302-957d-071483256ae0
  6. Dialog box stopping operations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog box stopping operations: I am getting this message-"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" One place this occurs is when I click on a reply box in email. This is a new problem and I don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Email is from...
  7. "Activate Windows" dialog box

"Activate Windows" dialog box: In the last few weeks, my laptop screen shows "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows". No matter what app I'm in or what I'm doing, this shows up. I have accessed Windows to see what I need to update but there appears to be nothing. I want this dialog box to go...
  8. Print Dialog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Dialog: I have a shared printer and when I print to it, the printer icon does not close, it does on the other printer that I print directly to. I have tried "Refresh" and "Close" and it still stays active. 119508
  9. Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE

Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE: Hi, When I try to do 'Save As' in Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134), I get a dialog box that is super sized. Not just the size of the box but the size of the text and the icons are twice the size of my resolution in the background as in below screen shot. How do I fix...
  10. Dialog Box Save/Open

Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...