Windows 10: Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn

Discus and support Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a Brother MFC7460dn printer several weeks ago. Unfortunately, I'm not able to connect my new printer with my Windows 10 Surface Pro 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesZheng1, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn

Hello,

I bought a Brother MFC7460dn printer several weeks ago. Unfortunately, I'm not able to connect my new printer with my Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 Laptop. It identities my printer to a "Unspecific Device", not a printer, that's the reason why I can't connect. I can connect it by my Apple device. I tried 2 weeks to fix it however I can't. Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much.

-Charles

:)

CharlesZheng1, Aug 24, 2018

2. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Printer connectivity

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Also, try the steps provided in the link below.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 24, 2018
  4. DaleNoel Win User

Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn

1. Printer Connection Problem for MFC7460dn - Similar Threads - Printer Connection Problem

2. Facing Problem in connecting shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing Problem in connecting shared printer: Dear Sir,i have a server with OS Windows Server 2012 R2 in which all printer are connected and this printer are been shared to everyone in our organization. But the laptop user with windows 10 and windows 11 are unable to connect this printer as they are getting errors saying...
  3. my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb: usb not working for printer mfc7460dn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-mfc7460dn-is-not-found-on-usb/6d00b704-5e4b-49d8-a6d3-ec54f7b381b4
  4. Problem connecting wireless printer

Problem connecting wireless printer: [ATTACH]help me ! * Original title: help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-connecting-wireless-printer/76b6d5b9-41e5-40c6-866a-c1c0325dab0f
  5. Printer Connection problems

Printer Connection problems: I am using Windows 10 with an Epson WF-2630 printer. In devices and printers the printer is listed twice; [Epson WF 2630 Series] and [WF 2360 Series Network] The printer is connected to my desk top via USB Cable My wife's Laptop is connected to printer via...
  6. Problem Connecting Printer

Problem Connecting Printer: This is the situation. I changed cable providers and as a result got a new wifi address. Now my wife can't see the printer attached to my computer on her computer. The list of print options she gets shows what is my daughters computer upstairs I believe. What can I do. HELP...
  7. Printer connection problems

Printer connection problems: My Epson 4550 cannot connect to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-connection-problems/18957182-c319-42ad-968f-389fcc614da3
  8. problem with connecting printer to computer

problem with connecting printer to computer: I cannot connect my PC to the printer. I did some troubleshooting actions like plugged in it again, reinstalled this printer. But not the screen goes blank when I start printing....
  9. Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop

Problem connecting bluetooth printer to laptop: I have a Toshiba X500-10T laptop with bluetooth not pairing with HP 460wbt printer. Manage bluetooth devices finds printer but when I click to pair after some time the printer disappears with the following message. [img] If anyone can help it would be...
  10. Problems connecting to wireless printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems connecting to wireless printer: We have a new (albeit old) wireless printer (HP Color laserjet CP3525) with a wireless adapter card. Computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8 could see the network and connect. All computers could then print to the printer. None of our computers running Windows 8.1 could see...