Windows 10: Printer default colour

Discus and support Printer default colour in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys I am trying to make black my default colour on my HP printer 3630. I have moved dot from colour selection to black and it works, but next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frenchman96, May 14, 2017.

1. Printer default colour

Hi Guys
    I am trying to make black my default colour on my HP printer 3630.
    I have moved dot from colour selection to black and it works, but next time, colour is selected again.

I have done what most sites say to do, that is, devices & printers, print preferences, etc etc and none work.

:)

frenchman96, May 14, 2017
  2. Maken01 Win User

Printer Settings

Thanks for the suggestion, I only have the one colour printer, so I can't change the default to another

printer. Thanks anyway

Maken01, May 14, 2017
  3. how to reset printer to factory default settings in Windows 10

My computer is no longer printing in colour. The printer test sheets come out in colour, and other computers using this printer can print in colour, so I am looking to reset my printer drivers to the factory default settings.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers for this printer, and I am still experiencing the same difficulties, which is why I am looking to reset the driver itself.

However, there is no option to do this under Printer Properties or Printer Preferences in the Settings section of the control panel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Heather

HeatherThornton, May 14, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

Printer default colour

Hi There,

Set the printing defaults within the Printer Properties, Advanced tab

HTH

jl2509, May 14, 2017
  5. As I think I mentioned, I have done all that and it does not stay as chosen

6. HtH

It would help if you give me a step x step to fix but I think I will end up the same.

start, devices & printers, r/c on 3630 etc

7. jl2509 Win User
    The process you explained is not setting the printer properties to use the selected changes as default. This can only be set by using the Printing Defaults button.

Just checking to make sure this is the actual process you used?

jl2509, May 14, 2017
  8. Printer default colour

If you have the time, could you do as I suggested giving me a step x step in case I have missed something please.

9. jl2509 Win User
    To change default print settings, open the control panel, view devices and printers, right click your HP Printer, select Printer Properties, Select advanced, select printing defaults, select advanced.
    Select options you need as default and click ok.

There are also instructions on page 38 chapter 3 of your printer manual if you need additional settings help.

jl2509, May 14, 2017
  10. jl2509

Bingo !! cracked it, thanks a lot.

11. jl2509 Win User
    Perfect happy to help

Cheers

jl2509, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer default colour

1. Printer default colour - Similar Threads - Printer default colour

2. Printer colour issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer colour issues: My printer is a few months old, however I have noticed that it is not printing pink. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-colour-issues/07d7d56d-ebf4-4bcd-8745-8021b2d95e4e
  3. Printer colour issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer colour issues: My printer is a few months old, however I have noticed that it is not printing pink. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-colour-issues/07d7d56d-ebf4-4bcd-8745-8021b2d95e4e
  4. Printer no printing in colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer no printing in colour: I have upgraded to windows 11 my printer will not print colour. When I go into printer properties in the feature box colour is no and double sided is no also. there is no place to change these. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no difference. What do I do?...
  5. Printer no printing in colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer no printing in colour: I have upgraded to windows 11 my printer will not print colour. When I go into printer properties in the feature box colour is no and double sided is no also. there is no place to change these. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no difference. What do I do?...
  6. reset colours to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset colours to default: How can I restore my colours to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-colours-to-default/cf585063-c252-4cba-b329-54e8e53db926
  7. Allow printer to print in colour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allow printer to print in colour: I'm trying to print in colour, but it refuses to allow a colour print. In the More Options, Output Options, Colour mode, it won't let me alter it from monochrome. If i select colour, it nopes back to monochrome after i click OK and re-open the window it gave me a 'setting is...
  8. printer default

printer default: I have a Lenovo laptop. I'm trying to print and the settings are set to printer default offline. How do I change this to on? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/bb06e599-ac40-40da-9eb3-f7ef18ba8998
  9. HP Printer not printing in colour

HP Printer not printing in colour: I have recently updated Windows on a couple of laptop at home and now I've lost the ability to print in colour. I have tried to re-install the software and drivers however still no luck any help would be greatly appreciated. Mat...
  10. printer default

printer default: undefault the printer It won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/d060e7f7-0537-4b26-9714-83bb57ce3d74