Windows 10: Printer disappeared after installation of Office 2016

Discus and support Printer disappeared after installation of Office 2016 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just upgraded Office Products on my laptop to 2016. One of the offshoots is that now my printer (accessed through WIFI off my desktop) is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by George43BD, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Printer disappeared after installation of Office 2016

Just upgraded Office Products on my laptop to 2016. One of the offshoots is that now my printer (accessed through WIFI off my desktop) is no longer recognized, nor can be found, nor can be installed. Guess I thought that printer access was a Windows issue, not Office Products. When I first attempt to use any of my other programs, the printer is shown, but as soon as I access that link, it disappears. What happened? And how can I fix this? I can still see my shared documents housed on the desktop, so the WIFI connection is still working. (This "disappearing printer" also happened when I first installed Windows 10, and after a few months, a new patch from MS solved the problem.)

I've read the previous questions on this issue, and mostly they are going unresolved. Reinstalling the printer drivers comes up over and over; and yes, I've done that, but I don't think that is related anyway. So, to reiterate, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so, and the printer has been working fine. But, now that I've installed Office 2016 on my laptop, the printer is no longer there, nor can be found. The last Windows update was completed on 6/13, so that isn't it either.

Thanks ever so much for any advice, or even commiseration, you can provide.

George

:)

George43BD, Jul 5, 2018
  2. sanccie26 Win User

Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation

I launched Task Mgr and watched for wusa.exe under Processes. IF it started during install, I killed it. The install completed.

sanccie26, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Chronia Win User

Searched the forums but did not come up with this problem being posted here yet. so apologies if I missed it am repeating this.

I have a Windows 10 on my computer and recently acquired a copy of Office 2016 Professional through Hubby's work for a discount. However We have been trying for 3 days now to install it and it will not complete the installation. The most common problem being that it hangs at 90% and just sits there and won't progress any further even after being left over night.

I have tried posting this problem on the Microsoft Community boards but they have been less than helpful in finding a solution. Of the things they have suggested, I tried them all but to no avail. The suggestions they gave that I have tried are as follows:

"Follow these steps and download Office 2016 again:
    • First, check the type of internet connection you are using (Wired or Wireless)?
    • If you are using a wireless connection then you may try to hardwire the connection.
    Try downloading Office 2016 now and check if you are able to install Office 2016 normally.
    In case the above step still does not work then follow these steps.

• Stop the Print Spooler service from Services.msc.
    • Disable the Anti-Virus/Security Software for a while, until you complete installing Office 2016.
    Check if you are able to install Office 2016 now."

Nope didn't work, and my computer ishardwired. Next advice they gave was as follows and also didn't work:

"In Task Manager make sure there are no Office 2016 or Office tasks running. Then restart the computer and try installing Office 2016 again, making sure that there are no Office tasks are running in Task Manager prior to running the Office 2016 installation.

Check the above and let us know if it helps."

Nope, still notta.

While it is hanging at 90% I have checked my task manager and all the columns (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network) were all sitting at 0.

Funny thing is Hubby was able to acquire a second copy via coworker and it installed completely fine without issue on our windows 7 laptop.

We do not have any other copies of Office or any office related program on this computer, nor has there ever been. We have uninstalled, rebooted and tried reinstalling several times all with the same result of getting stuck at 90% then going nowhere. We even tried the 32 bit version in hope that it would work because the 64 bit version wouldn't install, but 32 or 64, it's the same problem.

There was ONE time, and one time only, though, I couldn't tell you what, if anything, we did differently, that it got past 90% and came up with an error message saying some items couldn't be installed because of some reason (I failed to take note of it at the time and it hasn't recurred since) and gave me the option to retry installing those items (it didn't list what they were) or ignore. So I clicked retry, and after a several minutes of it trying again the same message popped up. I believe I tried retry three more times before finally clicking ignore and being told that if I ignored it that I may have to go into program and setting later to repair office because some feature may not work right.

At that point Office SEEMED to work...until I rebooted the computer. At that point I got a pop-up message (which I again failed to take note of) with an error saying I need to run the installer again because it didn't install or finish installing or something of that nature. So I ran the installer again. this time it hung at 1% and didn't move even after hours of letting it run.

So again I uninstalled everything rebooted and started fresh and am now back at the hanging at 90% thing. It's very frustrating. A brand new expensive product that is meant for windows 10 but can't be installed on it? I'm very perplexed.

Any thoughts on this or what I can try or do?

Chronia, Jul 5, 2018
  4. candreas Win User

Printer disappeared after installation of Office 2016

No answers yet....

candreas, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer disappeared after installation of Office 2016

1. Printer disappeared after installation of Office 2016 - Similar Threads - Printer disappeared installation

2. Office files suddenly disappeared, possible conflict with office 2016 and 365?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office files suddenly disappeared, possible conflict with office 2016 and 365?: HI, A laptop WIN 10, Office 2016, single SSD I'm working had a primary folder on the desktop with numerous folders under it with files inside there, suddenly a few folders and their contents disappeared. In addition, a larger majority of the office files in virtually all...
  3. Office files suddenly disappeared, possible conflict with office 2016 and 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office files suddenly disappeared, possible conflict with office 2016 and 365?: HI, A laptop WIN 10, Office 2016, single SSD I'm working had a primary folder on the desktop with numerous folders under it with files inside there, suddenly a few folders and their contents disappeared. In addition, a larger majority of the office files in virtually all...
  4. Office files suddenly disappeared, possible conflict with office 2016 and 365?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printer disappeared after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer disappeared after installing Windows 10: I seem to be having the same problem Steven did (four years ago) Upgraded to Windows 10 and my Epson C88+ disappeared. I'm not particularly tech-savvy so I'm at a loss. I've reinstalled the printer but still says drivers not available. Everything was fine with my earlier...
  6. Office 2016 disappeared after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2016 disappeared after Win 10 update: My Windows 10 just did the April 2018 update and now my purchased copy of Office 2016 Pro seems to have disappeared. How do I find all my Office programs?...
  7. Office 2016 - Custom Install

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - Custom Install: I have used various Office product throughout the years and on install had the opportunity to "Custom Install" which allowed all types of changes from programme file locations to programmes to be loaded. My (detachable) laptop has a limited hard-drive size, and I would like...
  8. Office 2016 Installation Failed

Office 2016 Installation Failed: So I was trying to install Office 2016 Pro Plus (Volume licence) and every time I try it just ends up with Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup. This is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea why it's happening (since it doesn't display any specific error...
  9. Error installing Office 2016

Error installing Office 2016: HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks after Installing Windows 10, something went wrong and everytime I open Word it asks to repair it. I already tried repairing...
  10. Random File After Office 2016 Installation

Random File After Office 2016 Installation: So I installed Office 2016 and a random file appeared directly on the C drive in no folder. The file is called, "WindowsMSUIGHUB.tt2". Does anyone know what this file is and if it's just some temporary file I'm safe to remove? I don't really want this file here as it looks...