Windows 10: printer driver blocked by administrator

Discus and support printer driver blocked by administrator in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10. When I connect my HP 1102 printer and try to install the driver the system tells me its been blocked by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jeffn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. jeffn Win User

printer driver blocked by administrator

I recently installed Windows 10. When I connect my HP 1102 printer and try to install the driver the system tells me its been blocked by the administrator because its unsage. My user profile says I am the administrator. How do I unblock the driver (tell the system its safe?)

Thanks

:)

jeffn, Sep 15, 2015
  2. Tonyr17 Win User

Install a printer driver.

I'm trying to install a HP printer driver and I'm getting the following response:

This app has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator.

Setup.exe

Please advise how I can install this drivers.

Thanks...

Tonyr17, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Chasigg Win User
    HP printer software update.

I have an HP380 All in one Printer. I downloaded the updated driver and got my printer to work for a time. Then I tried to change printer ink cartridges and when I tried to use the HP Solution Center software to install and align the cartridges the application
    was blocked. I tried to run it from the All Programs list and I received the message that the program had been blocked and I need to contact the administrator to get permission to run the program. I am the administrator because this is my laptop and no one
    else has permission to make changes to my computer. Does anyone know how to change the administrator controls in Windows 10 so that I can continue to install and run the software for my printer?

Chasigg, Sep 15, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

Are you downloading the driver from the HP website or using a driver already supplied? (This message is normally displayed when you try to install a driver that is not compatible with Win 10)

Try selecting your printer from this page:

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Regards

UKMedia, Sep 20, 2015
  5. Try downloading the full featured driver package listed on this page

HP P1102 Driver

Its a somewhat large file, but give it time to download. Once it does, try and install the driver with that. Ive seen issues with standalone driver installations that dont always work. This method usually fixes it. Usually... not always.

ArazelEternal, Sep 20, 2015
  6. Also, when you install the HP software, it's best to NOT have the printer already connected. The installer will popup a page asking you HOW the printer is to be connected during the installation. When you see that page, connect the printer and select the correct connection option on the page.

Mark Phelps, Sep 20, 2015
  7. jeffn Win User
    Thanks for the replys, that fixed it.

jeffn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. printer driver blocked by administrator - Similar Threads - printer driver blocked

2. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  3. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  4. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printer was blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer was blocked: I was blocked to access a usb printer attached to another system over the network when i updated KB5007215 OS Build 22000.318 and KB5006363 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11. Do we have any solution to connect to printer?...
  6. Printer driver problem- need administrator privelege

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer driver problem- need administrator privelege: Canon MP 600 not printing text or spreadsheets, just headers. I seem to need Administrator privileges. This is my home computer running windows 10. I used to be able to login as Administrator, but now I can't. Or have I just forgotten some key action I need to take?...
  7. BLOCK the printer driver updates from microsoft

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLOCK the printer driver updates from microsoft: Why does Microsoft update printer drivers at all, they never work properly and I have always had to fix them after updates? I need the REAL fix of blocking your updates to my printer drivers. I get them from the manufacturer regularly I don't need your junk code. Save time...
  8. administrator block

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    administrator block: Hello, I am trying to download some games from cd. I keep getting a box which states blocked by administrator. Contact administrator. I am listed as administrator, and can't figure out this issue resolution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. Administrator Block

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Block: Clean installed Windows 10 on my Series 9 Samsung laptop. Also installed Samsung Software Update. It was quite useless. But it also plagues me on start up with a block for your protection dialog box at startup. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR but the system doesn't think so. How do I...
  10. Wireless printer install blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless printer install blocked by administrator: I'm trying to connect my HP LaserJetM1217nfwMFP printer as a wireless one to my HP laptop running Windows 10. When I begin the Smart Jnstall process I am stopped by a window from User Account Control saying that 'An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer driver blocked by administrator