Windows 10: Printer driver missing after 1703 update

Discus and support Printer driver missing after 1703 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dont know why every time some major update is installed, there are printer driver problems. After several hours of 1703 update today I was unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roman Krejci, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Printer driver missing after 1703 update

Dont know why every time some major update is installed,
    there are printer driver problems. After several hours of
    1703 update today I was unable to print to my LAN printer
    HP LJ Pro MFP M477 serie. I removed the device,
    did restart, reinstalled the driver from freshly downloaded
    install pack from HP site. Restarte the PC.
    The device had no driver installed :-(
    The solution was - remove device and immediately re-add
    it MANUALLY by using its IP address (driver has to be
    already installed)
    Why do I have to go through all this every update?

:)

Roman Krejci, Jul 30, 2017
  2. RMZ123 Win User

Inaccessible Control Panel After 1703 Win Version...Craetors update

Dears

I will appreciate the help for fixing the inaccessible control panel after the creators update Version 1703.... and I missed one of my printers drivers and I cannot access control panel neither the Devices and Printers as it not came up in the search...

Regards,

RMZ123, Jul 30, 2017
  3. Lost printers after automatic Win 10 upgrade

OK - there is actually 2 problems.

Regarding the error message: it has nothing to do with the missing printers. I have removed the software which caused the problem (I stopped using it a while ago anyway), so for me that problem is "solved" - might be other users will have a problem though...

Printer driver missing after 1703 update [​IMG]

Regarding the missing printers - the problem still exists. Its not just ONE printer missing - it´s something like 5-10 printers..

I've been on Win10 for a couple of years now and "the missing printers" has been used all the time. However after todays update
    (Windows 10 Version 1703 - KB4022405), a number of printers disappeared from the list of installed printers. Do you really mean that after this update, printer drivers suddenly gets outdated? I don´t believe in
    that theory. Especially since one of the missing printers is excatly the same as my homeprinter (HP LaserJet 500 color 551n), it's just installed on another network and another printer, (brother QL-570) was installed just a couple of weeks ago with the latest
    win10 driver...

ÅkeLarsson-04, Jul 30, 2017
Thema:

Printer driver missing after 1703 update

1. Printer driver missing after 1703 update - Similar Threads - Printer driver missing

2. Drivers Missing for Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers Missing for Printer: My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no longer connect to my home printer, a Brother mfc-885cw. The specific error is that the "Driver is Unavailable." Clicking "Find...
  3. Drivers Missing for Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers Missing for Printer: My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no longer connect to my home printer, a Brother mfc-885cw. The specific error is that the "Driver is Unavailable." Clicking "Find...
  4. printer missing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer missing after update: I tried to print today however the printer option is missing I check and restart the printer and it shows its on but not on the computer. I tried to print using other device and it works fine. Its just happen after updating Windows....
  5. printer missing after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer missing after update: I tried to print today however the printer option is missing I check and restart the printer and it shows its on but not on the computer. I tried to print using other device and it works fine. Its just happen after updating Windows....
  6. printer missing after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Printer driver missing

Printer driver missing: I bought a new HP AIO computer and want to link it with my Kodak esp 3.2 printer. I had this running with a laptop using windows 10 but the new computer can't locate a printer driver and kodak no longer support their printers so I can't download a new driver from them. Can I...
  8. Missing printer driver

Missing printer driver: Hi can anyone help please? I bought a new HP laptop and connected my old Canon printer and it worked fine but now it is saying it has printer diver missing. I have uninstalled the printer for now as I need a new ink cartridge. My question is when I install the printer again...
  9. Missing driver after update

Missing driver after update: After a recent Windows update, my wifi 5G driver is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-driver-after-update/587e31d4-a43d-4a56-9062-ec00a0359926
  10. Printer Class Drivers Missing

Printer Class Drivers Missing: I just performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. None of the printer class drivers were installed. How do I install the class drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-class-drivers-missing/2087cdd8-9ecc-485a-8bb3-e7b37d259016