Windows 10: Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port”

Discus and support Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port” in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; You can use the FastResolver utility to obtain MAC addresses for all active devices on your network. As long as your Samsung printer is turned on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port”

You can use the FastResolver utility to obtain MAC addresses for all active devices on your network. As long as your Samsung printer is turned on and attached to the Ethernet, FastResolver should see and report its MAC address and IP address at a bare minimum. By disconnecting all devices from the network except your router, one PC and the printer, you can work out which MAC address goes with each device by process of elimination (many routers have the MAC address inscribed on a label somewhere, and the IPconfig command will tell you the PC's MAC address, labeled "Physical address" in the ipconfig /all output).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018

2. Have a Samsung mono laser printer, which is connected to the network and works fine ( worked fine )

i have just bought an OKI C511DN colour LED printer, both connected to my network

I installed through windows using the USB printer lead, then removed this and connected the Ethernet cable ( no wireless ) when I print to the OKI I get the message

“ could not connect printer to port” if I click on cancel it reappears if I click on OK it prints normally....Imhave tried a few ideas, but nothing seems to stop this message appearing.

Secondly, Now when I print to the Samsung...I get an error message never seen before, “ the current printer port s not supported etc etc”doesn’t stop the printing, but seeattachment.php Processing...xms to stay on screen......bit confusing..

can someone please please help..

Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port” [​IMG]

rich text with attachments (RTFD) data Processing...x

:)

reddwarf4ever, Apr 21, 2018
  3. Problem uninstalling print driver (Windows 10)

Further further update:

I ran "printui /s /t2" and selected the Port tab. I had the printer connected to USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB). Even though there is no printer associated with it, it is still there. I tried to delete the port, but got the message:

"Selected port cannot be deleted. The request is not supported."

I tried to configure the port and got the message:

"An error occurred during port configuration. This operation is not supported."

Could this be the problem? If so, how can I delete that port?

Thank you.

Gary

GaryLynnMass, Apr 21, 2018
  4. Louis_808 Win User

unable to connect Dell laser printer 1720 xl using Wi-Fi. Error code "0x803C010B" and "Printer offline" error message on Windows 10.

I bought Windows Surface Pro 4.

Try to connect my old Dell laser printer 1720 xl through WI-FI

My PC and printer is connected with ubs cable.

Printer has no Ethernet connection port what I would be able to connect to the wireless access point directly.

Installed the printer driver to laptop. But do not print. The desk top is on. WI_FI is on.

I getting error messages.

1. Printer off line

2. Error code 0x803C010B

Louis_808, Apr 21, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    It may not be the solution but I saw a similar problem with a setup of 2 computers and 1 printer in our local animal shelter. Turned out a previous employee set the printer up using the USB cable/port then connected everything by Ethernet cable to the Router. To correct the problem only required uninstalling the printer and its software, rebooting the computers then reinstalling with the printer NOT connected until prompted. I chose Network while ignoring the USB and Wireless choices. Then I plugged the printer in via Ethernet cable when prompted, been a year now with no major issues. We can also print from Notebooks via Wi-Fi when installing the software on them and choosing Network.

Berton, Apr 21, 2018
  6. I did connect the cable with the printer off as directed.......but when I used the supplied driver disk it couldn’t locate the printer
    Local so I tried the network option, didn’t find on auto but wasn’t sure how to enter the printer up manually, shouldn’t be that difficult....

will uninstall driver and try again, but repeated this several times already....

thanks, hopefully some more help will be forthcoming....

7. me75006 Win User
    Had similar with Canon mx410, reinstalled the printer driver and communication error messages stopped.

Yes, it is kind of confusing. Printer was printing correctly, but the status reporting was messed up.

me75006, Apr 21, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

If working with a networked Samsung monochrome laser printer (I have an ML-2850 myself) I've learned the best way to connect with it is by using its IP address in the Add Printer dialogs. You can use a utility like NirSoft's FastResolver to scan your network to find out which IP address corresponds to your Samsung printer. It usually shows up therein as "SAMSUNGNWP" which translates to "SAMSUNG NetWorked Printer" and you can use the associated IP address as already mentioned (192.168.1.212, as shown here, in my case):

Reading left to right, the scan results show: 1. final octet of IP address, 2. full IP address, 3. Machine name, 4. MAC address.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 21, 2018
  9. Wow that sounds interesting I have the same sumsung printer as you....will try what you suggest and do the same for the OKI printer...
    had problems in the past connecting wireless printers always had to start with the lead, the revert to wireless network....but never a smooth operation.....

will come back back with the results...

10. Hello yes that worked.....didn’t manage to work out the program you suggested, but found the IP from the printer properties web tab

thank you

reddwarf4ever, Apr 22, 2018
  11. EdTittel Win User
    You're welcome. Glad to get you pointed in the right/a good direction. And glad you got things sorted.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 22, 2018
  12. The oki is fine, but don’t think the Samsung driver install offers a network option.....also can’t find the Samsung network address

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port” - Similar Threads - Printer error message

2. HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet': Printer was working fine until this message popped up. Have tried online fixes but unable to fix.At another stage the printer display read: "reconnect the hardware device to the computer"???printer seems to work fine but can't scan to/from computer. Any advice?Using HP...
  3. HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet': Printer was working fine until this message popped up. Have tried online fixes but unable to fix.At another stage the printer display read: "reconnect the hardware device to the computer"???printer seems to work fine but can't scan to/from computer. Any advice?Using HP...
  4. HP printer message: 'printer could not connect to the internet'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer Error Message

Printer Error Message: I have an HP Envy 6052 that is showing a flashing E, as in error message. The router is working just fine, my computer is saying that my printer is offline, even though the blue wifi light is on, but I cannot find the area where to fix it and the Virtual Agent is useless....
  6. Printer error message

Printer error message: The actual printer is working as others in our house can print from their computer. I am not able to print and this is the message that I get when I try to print: Your printer has experienced un expected configuration problem 0x80004005 What does that mean and how do I...
  7. Printer 'in error' message

Printer 'in error' message: Two identical Lenovo Ideapad computers running Windows 10. One prints without problem on a new HP Envy 5020 after setting up the wifi connection. The other continually fails to print and gives a message 'printer in error' message with no indication of problem or how to fix...
  8. Printer Error Message

Printer Error Message: When trying to print on my Surface Book 2, Microsoft Office document, I continue to get the following error message: Request for Current Contact Information. What does the the computer want from me??...
  9. Error message in printer

Error message in printer: When I try to print I receive error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/error-message-in-printer/e6235a10-8c19-4fa6-acff-23e7dce943e3
  10. Printer error message

Printer error message: Since the 1709 update,I get this error message every time that I reboot. The printer still works with no problem. Any Ideas? [img] 96611